Jonas Brothers Break Up: The Band Is ‘Over For Now’

Tue, October 29, 2013 9:20am EDT by 5 Comments

Oh no! After canceling their tour due to a ‘a deep rift’ in the band, the Jonas Brothers have confirmed that the band is no longer together!

Say it isn’t so. The Jonas Brothers are officially done — for now. On Oct. 3, the band had a team meeting and Nick Jonas confessed his concerns as to where the band was headed, People reports. Unfortunately, that meeting spelled the end of the JoBros.

The Jonas Brothers Are ‘Done’

“It’s over for now,” Kevin Jonas, 25, confirmed to People on Oct. 29, just three weeks after announcing that their tour was canceled. Their rep also confirmed to HollywoodLife.com that the band is done for the time being.

However, Nick, 21, gave us hope that it’s not necessarily the end forever.

“It’s really hard to say ‘forever,’” the youngest of the three boys said. “We’re closing a chapter, for sure.”

Joe Jonas, 24, also added that the decision was “unanimous.” Well, at least they agree on one thing, even if it’s not a decision we’re happy with!

Nick called a meeting where he opened up about his concerns for the band’s future, according to the report.

“I was feeling kind of trapped,” he said. “I needed to share my heart with my brothers.”

The band has been together since 2005, and has produced five albums. Their latest, V, has not officially been released yet, but already has produced two hit singles, “Pom Poms” and “First Time.”

Jonas Brothers — What Went Wrong?

The shocking split comes on the heels of the boys canceling their tour after a “deep rift within the band,” caused by “a disagreement over their music direction.”

“It really isn’t as bad as things sound,” a source close to the band told HollywoodLife.com exclusively after they canceled their tour. “Now that they can make more decisions about their career, they are taking it super seriously because they want to be around 30 years from now. They need to get all the creative pieces figured out first.”

However, it appears they could just need a break to tie up the loose ends.

“They just canceled the tour, after a successful summer tour they had to resolve their issues about the music and direction of the band,” the source told us. “It’s not a personal fight, it’s about the music. They are brothers, they love each other.”

On Oct. 6, Joe admitted that even for the JoBros, not every day is an easy one.

“There are days that are tough,” he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel“You try to relive what we used to be, but you have to remind yourself that it’s different music. It’s a different vibe. We are our own bosses these days and have to build our own relationships and businesses and continue to craft our sound, and not just be a band that plays to a certain market. We’re wanting to make music that at the end of the day we can sit back and be excited about.”

So, maybe that means they’re just taking a break to regroup and work out their differences, so they can come back stronger than ever! One can hope.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think the JoBros will get back together? Let us know!

– Emily Longeretta

More Jonas Brothers News:

1. Joe Jonas Reunites With Camilla Belle After Report Calls JoBros Rift ‘Ugly’
  2. Joe Jonas Looks Troubled After Jonas Brothers’ Tour Canceled
  3. Jonas Brothers Showed Tension Before Canceling Tour — Report

Jakeah

Posted at 10:37 AM on October 30, 2013

I am just really upset about this. They stop making music together for years. I mean I fell in love with Joe’s album but it just wasn’t the same. Then they come back and have all these amazing fans so excited that they’re crying. Two just unique songs come out and that let’s everyone know this is real, then they say their album name will be V. Then they up and juat cancel the tour. It’s because you guys don’t agree on something. YOU GUYS ARE F*****g BROTHEhYRS. You’re really going to let your fans down because of that?? I will love them no matter what but this has been really hard I grew up loving them and so have many others.

Anonymous

Posted at 10:14 PM on October 31, 2013

Hey You! your’e not the men as your’e not saying you are but I can tell you presonally I take crap form nobody not even you can even set the record staright i’m the one who setting you ya’ll straight but let me start with you Demi, Joe Miley, Taylor and among you guys and girls say that other celebrities know your’e not the same person as you saying you are Joe and Nick I have have to ask you what happen to the young men and and women as I always know Desnity your’e not the same women either what happen to the woman that your’e fans not pleased with you at all but I still care about every single one of you guys on earth but you four are going to sit there on your’e butts think what happen to You Joe and Miley huh? Dont tell me other wise Because I still don’t care about any of you guys but I know your’e heart that you either think about what happen to you joe and nick you two men are not the same men either. well there’s goes your’e lives down the drain as far as you go Taylor and Demi, Selena Miley Joe Kevin and Nick I know what your’e thinkin right now what’s been going through your’e mine but I can honestly say how dispointed than you guys are now way back then you guys were the youngest people ever in the history of hollywood why you think about stroing down memory lane shall we as someone told you that anything isnt fair enough for you Nick and Miley am I right well wrong again my friends you can actaully think that you can go far enough to your’e careers go somewhere down the line your fans are really show you guys some support through the years I can understand how you feel Miley Don’t take it too personal now take it form me you’ve been nothin but a sinking ship on a boat because if you’re not down with that me and the fans got two words for ya SUCK IT!

whatsweb

Posted at 11:58 AM on October 29, 2013

Reblogged this on WhatsWeb.

vncvnreycv568

Posted at 9:47 AM on October 29, 2013

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~MixedLuv.Çom~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.With the background verification system, you can easily find someone real, serious, quality. Have a try.cvncvncveryery

richfishes24

Posted at 9:23 AM on October 29, 2013

For singles who are looking for love, Our members include Doctors, Lawyers, Professionals, Millionaires, Billionaires, Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Athletes, and Models, College Students, Actresses, Playmates, and the sexy Girls Next Door.Totally Free To Place Profile and connect with millions of successful and attractive people on ____WealthyPeople.0rg____ now!
sdfasfsdfsdf