Katy Perry Sits On Robert Pattinson’s Lap, Sings Karaoke In Video — Watch

Fri, October 25, 2013 3:31pm EDT by 301 Comments

A newly-surfaced video of Katy Perry and Robert Pattinson will completely change the way you think of Boyz II Men’s hit ‘I’ll Make Love To You.’ Watch the hilarious video of the two belting out the song back in 2008!

Looks like friends that sing together, stay together. Katy Perry and Robert Pattinson have just grown closer over the years — and back in 2008, they even sang a duet during a karaoke night out!

Katy Perry & Robert Pattinson Duet

In 2008, RPatz may have been busy filming Twilight, but he still took the time to have fun! On Oct. 25, a video surfaced of he and Katy out at Dimples, a Burbank karaoke bar, where they were celebrating a mutual friend, Shannon Woodward‘s birthday.

With drinks in hand, Katy and Rob start out on separate stools, belting out “I’ll Make Love To You,” the ’90s hit by Boyz II Men. When it comes to Rob’s verse, he’s a little caught off guard but quickly catches on and begins singing the words on the screen — and actually sounds pretty good!

After the chorus, Katy says, “This chair’s too high to make love,” crawling off the stool and heading over to join Rob — and she plops right down on his lap!

The two continue singing, but Rob decides to start talking some of the his lines — it’s absolutely hilarious. “Let’s go slow, I ain’t got no where to go,” is one line we hear him say. “Throw your clothes on the floor, I’m gonna take all my clothes off too and I’ve made a couple of plans to be with you babe and whatever you wish.”

SO hilarious!

What do you think of the newly surfaced video?

– Emily Longeretta

More Robert Pattinson News:

1. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Giggle In ‘Twilight Forever’ Bloopers
  2. Robert Pattinson Was Nervous At Gala — Less Confident Without K-Stew?
  3. Robert Pattinson Parties With Model Annika Holtz — More Than Friends?

Janaina Baima

Posted at 5:51 PM on November 15, 2013

meu fii vocÊ cobra quanto para espantar um casa com 5 pessoas??? ohhh povo da voz feia!!

Diana

Posted at 1:10 AM on November 15, 2013

And again I don’t think they are only friends. I don’t believe they didn’t do it. Did you see how he is caressing Katy’s hands and boobs. They look too comfortable with each other. They look like lovers. I think Kristen knows this. Common its so obvious. I don’t think Kristen approves of their friendship I know I wouldn’t. No girlfriend would. So stop lying Katy! I am sure you slept with Rob.

#what

Posted at 7:15 PM on November 3, 2013

I don’t think Robert is like a sex God or anything but after this video.I’m like I think.I kinda want too

emmie

Posted at 5:18 PM on October 30, 2013

I know right he is TOO SEXY

tatiana

Posted at 3:26 PM on October 29, 2013

OH MY GOOOOD !!!! ROB IS SOOOO SEXY IN THIS VIDEO!! GOD I LUV THAT GUY EVEN DRUNK HE SINGS SOOO SEXY. KATY PERRY IS SO HILARIOUS LUV U GUYS!
rob u are my rock

Linda Louisville

Posted at 9:23 AM on October 29, 2013

Geez Louise, he sounds like a cross between Joe cocker and Leon Redbone…

Robstenfan1

Posted at 11:09 PM on October 28, 2013

Hey ok this is just not right they were hammered like mad and when I watch this I laugh because Rob is funny he totally dominates KP it’s awesome!!! I don’t like when KP was like o the chair is to high to make love and I was like na she’s high… Lol When Rob thanks the waitress for giving him his drink I cracked up it was funny…

bjsmith

Posted at 9:57 PM on October 28, 2013

This video is funny. Although they messed up Boys to Men song I will forgive them. It was fun to watch. This was in 2008 Rob was not dating Kristen. KS had a long time boyfriend already. Apparently Rob and Katy have been good friends for a long time. I just don’t believe that there has ever been a romance between them I think Rob is to dull for Katy. She married Russell Brand. They were having fun. I loved the way he thanked the waitress for the drink. That’s what I mean Rob is to proper for Katy. Those Brits have great manners.

Katie wasn't married

Posted at 7:41 PM on October 28, 2013

To those who said Katie was married at the time of this video, Katie wasn’t even dating Russell at the time. They started dating in 2009 and married in October 2010.

Kera, Katie herself said in a recent interview that the song Unconditionally was inspired by her boyfriend John Mayer and I have to say it rings true when you read the lyrics.

If Rob and Katie wanted to date they certainly could have during this time (2008) since Rob wasn’t dating Kristin yet either. But they chose to remain only friends and are still friends.
Sometimes people are better as friends rather than lovers.

Kim

Posted at 11:34 AM on October 28, 2013

They would make great reality tv ! The drunk and the ho!

ANONIMO-S

Posted at 12:41 PM on October 28, 2013

TOTALLY AGREE

Kera

Posted at 10:24 AM on October 28, 2013

Katy must really want Rob by her song Unconditonal. Definately sound like so is making a public declaration to Rob that she wants him. Telling him it is okay to just let go of Kristen as she will be waiting for him now matter what the media storm with be when the get together. Interesting she metioned about getting too close. Here are the lyrics:

Oh no, did I get too close?
Oh, did I almost see?
What’s really on the inside
All your insecurities
All the dirty laundry
Never made me blink one time

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally

So come just as you are to me
Don’t need apologies
Know that you are all worthy
I’ll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm I would
I do it all because I love you
I love you

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally

So open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart
Acceptance is the key to be
To be truly free
Will you do the same for me?

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
And there is no fear now
Let go and just be free
‘Cause I will love you unconditionally (oh yeah)

I will love you
I will love you
I will love you unconditionally

ANONIMO-S

Posted at 12:17 AM on October 28, 2013

My perception of video.
1. Rob is definitely very drunk, and it shows that “SOMEONE” wants to Rob continue drinking, a woman gives a drink where Rob is singing, Rob is surprised and grateful to the woman.
2. Rob is shy and will sing because someone does sing (Perry), when it’s time to sing of Rob seeks the support of “his friend” and tries to take her hand, but ends up taking her wrist.
3. Rob is singing, and Katy is the low of the chair because it is a chair that does not help to make the love. And not only that Katy goes and sits on your lap.
4. Rob allows Katy sit on your lap while singing, Rob is very attentive to karaoke, and when Perry sits on his legs, Rob spends his arm behind her still holding his drink.
5. Katy takes the hand that Rob has his drink and rises to the height of his chest, but she could have taken his mouth (the mouth of Perry because she is the one hand moving Rob) leaves it on his chest and in an uncomfortable way lowers she head to drink, leaving Rob to take Rob’s hand on his chest, while Katy does all that with the hand of his friend, Rob is on his own, still singing and doing his best not to fall so take this and be holding the weight of his friend.

CONCLUSION.
I think for Rob, Katy was, is and will be a good friend, but I think Perry at the time and now wants to Rob for more than just a good friend.
Rob fell in love with Kristen since I saw her in “Into the wilde” the ALWAYS SAID, when told that she would be the star of Twilight decides to audition for the role of Edward.
Katy knows that Rob loves her as a “sister” and she uses it very well.
I think Rob is a man of good feelings and many people around you are taking advantage of that and Rob BELIEVE AND TRUST “FRIENDS”, but NOT ALL REALLY ARE FRIENDS.

Sorry, my English is not very good.

1. Definitivamente Robert esta muy tomado, y creo que hay “ALGUIEN” QUE NO QUIERE que Rob deje de tomar, pues una chica le lleva un vaso con bebida hasta donde Rob esta cantando, el se sorprende y agradece.
2. Rob es timido y va a cantar porque alguien lo hace cantar (Perry), cuando es su turno de cantar busca el apoyo de SU AMIGA, y busca tomarle el brazo, termina tomando su muñeca.
3. Rob se dedica a cantar, y Katy es la que se baja de la silla porque es una silla que no ayuda oara hacer el amor.
4. El amablemente SIN DEJAR DE CANTAR, PORQUE ESO ESTA HACIENDO Y ESTA ATENTO A CANTAR, permite que ella se siente y pasa uno de sus brazos por su cintura y SIN DEJAR DE SOSTENER SU VASO DE BEBIDA, ojo no suelta el vaso, aunque ella se sienta.
5. Katy agarra la mano en que Rob sostiene el vaso y sube el brazo con el que esta rodeando su cintura sin tocarla pues tiene el vaso, y ella la sube a la altura de su propio pecho, podria haberla llevado a su boca pero no lo hace la deja en SU PECHO, y DE MANERA INCOMODA AGACHA SU CABEZA PARA TOMAR O HACER ALGO EN EL VASO, y deja la mano en ese sitio en su pecho, MIENTRAS ELLA HACE TODO ESO ROB SIGUE EN LO SUYO, CANTANDO Y EVITANDO CAER POR LO TOMADO QUE ESTA Y AGUANTANDO EL PESO DE SU AMIGA.

CONCLUSION:
Creo que Rob definitivamente la tiene como una BUENA AMIGA, y creo que Perry SIEMPRE HA QUERIDO SER MAS QUE UNA AMIGA PARA EL.
El conoce a KRISTEN Y SE ENAMORA DE ELLA cuando la vio en “Into the wilde” siempre lo ha dicho, y cuando el sabe que Kristen seria la protagonista de Twilight Rob decide hacer la audicion para el rol de Edward.
Perry sabe que Rob la quiere como a una hermana y se aprovecha muy bien de eso.
Creo que Rob realmente es un hombre de buenos sentimientos pero PERSONAS A SU ALREDEDOR SE APROVECHAN DE ESO, Rob CREE Y CONFIA en sus “AMIGOS”; aunque no todos son REALMENTE SUS AMIGOS.

Sharon

Posted at 10:31 PM on October 27, 2013

I always like when Rob sings. It was cute.

Hmmm...

Posted at 10:06 PM on October 27, 2013

Katy can be such a flirt and tease…. and this was when she was still married to Russell Brand?

@Hmmm

Posted at 1:14 AM on October 28, 2013

if that is the way she acts as a married woman then she has more in common with Rpatz than first thought.

marla

Posted at 7:33 PM on October 27, 2013

About 7,000 people have clicked into GC to watch this video. People just can’t get enough of Rob. He is one hot, sexy fine-looking man.

Frannie

Posted at 7:37 PM on October 27, 2013

Maybe people want to see if Rob and Katy have always had deep feelings for each other other than friends. Others wants to see proof that Rob is a drunk.

Jebbie

Posted at 8:16 PM on October 27, 2013

Of course, everybody is curious how drunk can Rob get. LOL. It’s an old video, but it’s surfacing just now. I don’t think this is not the kind of publicity that Dior want for their spokesperson.

Margaret in the Pink UK/// ONE

Posted at 8:39 PM on October 27, 2013

100% thats why I watched it ONCE only

@marla

Posted at 1:22 AM on October 28, 2013

interesting that you feel that those clicks are from fans of his. Maybe some are curious cause they have heard he has a drinking problem and now they saw first hand. Or perhaps they heard that Rpatz and KP may be more than friends and are curious. What a narrow minded robsessed fan. And you think this paints a positive impression of him?

-Tjr

Posted at 7:14 PM on October 27, 2013

Rob doesn’t know how to sing whether hes drunk or sober. Go back to London and disappear and he cant act either.hes nothing but eye candy, that’s it!!!!

Frannie

Posted at 6:21 PM on October 27, 2013

I think Rob is just hooking up and waiting on the side line until Katy breaks up with John. I think their (John and Katy) breakup will happen by the end of the year. It was reported that John proposed to her but she turned him down. She is with John to keep her image clean until she reaches no 1 in record sales for a little while. Katy and Rob will be a couple in the New Year. Seeing this video now her comment about being thankful daily she did not sleep with Rob makes sense. She might have known this video existed and if they confirmed they were dating in June before Katy’s record was release it might have a negatives PR and thus lower record sales. She went back to John to make things look good for her. It is going to be an interesting new year.

@Frannie

Posted at 1:23 AM on October 28, 2013

I agree

♡Robbie

Posted at 2:42 AM on October 28, 2013

@FRANNIE…. I agree with your comment’s 100% you can’t make it any more clear what kind of Relationship Robbie truly has with Katy I honestly do not dislike Robbie at times I actually feel sorry for him even Kristen, Russell and John it must had (does) hurt all parties involved. Maybe, one day Robbie may wake up and reevaluate who these “new friend’s” that he thinks are trustworthy most of them he allowing the Media get the (girl’s) free PR sucking it all up w/Robbie not saying 2 sentence to clear the lies (never has) and they all riding his coat tail he is beginning to damage his reputation and his yrs “loyal friend’s” are out of sight and mind. It didn’t even hit me about Dior of course if this had surfaced back in 2008 then this wouldn’t even be a viral for 2013 Dior is riding Robbie 22 million dollar face and Spokesman for the next I think 2or 3 yrs now not knowing what Robbie is allowing the Media to continue this “Circus”. I honestly don’t think this video was leaked 5yrs later to be see, Robbie and Katy has been BF’S for many years see, they are so “funny and cute” No! it’s not. I have 6 Brother’s that all are married, ages from early 30′s-early 50′s most have girl’s even though they don’t No who or ever heard of his name sure had negative comment’s when I broke it down to them I was even surprised they were willing to listen to the “Stories” (only about 3, lol) I have Sister’s married with young children’s that only 2 of them had watched the Twilight Movie’s also, yes, just like myself 1st thought it was funny until we noticed how sloppy drunk Robbie was then after Katy put her mic down the rest went south that left my sister’s not impressed. My family is well rounded family orientated, conservatives, with money, very out going, fun and open minded to not throw the1st stone in a negative way. I was hard on Meri comment earlier but it irritated me that she can hate Kristen when she never done any thing to her personally. Robbie is crying out for help through the Media but it has turn into a “Media Circus” that is working against his personal PR while Nick is adding to his spiral destruction while he continues to collect his millions. I just don’t get it and I do have Respect and concern for how he is spiraling down not up. Bad Kitty, MIPTUK//O, Loui, Guest23 I No I No I missed a few other’s that I No there honest and concern for Robbie and Kristen. I never post until maybe about 3wks after reading this mess for the past 6 month’s I have the right to comment whith the likebof MERI doesn’t intimidate me she trying to cyber chase the one woman that me she avlittle girl (act’s like it). if I had children at their age group I No my family and friend’s (there’s) would support thing’s that could emotionally hurt them or there action’s turn out to end in a bad ending we are a very strong suppotive family and friend’s while I am an a active member a prestigious Sorority Family that we have each other other back. I luv, your posts♥

Get your facts straight Margaret

Posted at 5:58 PM on October 27, 2013

Rob and Kristing were not dating in 2008.
There are photos of Kristin and Michael Arangano together in Vancouver in April 2009. At one point he is giving her a piggy back ride. Anyone can google it.
The Kings of Leon concert that Kristin and Rob attended was in August 2009 NOT 2008.

The most they dated is for 4 years NOT 5.
Mid 2009 – May 2013 = 4 yrs