Look who we’ve got to fill Christian’s sexy shoes! Even though Jamie is taking on such a huge role, we think the former underwear model fits the bill perfectly. What else makes him qualified to play such a smoldering part? Keep reading to find out all you need to know about Jamie!
Sexy stud alert! Jamie Dornan, 31, is set to replace Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey in the highly anticipated film adaptation of the E.L. James‘ novel Fifty Shades of Grey. Since the movie is still set for release on Aug. 1, 2014, we need to brush up on our knowledge of Jamie stat — especially since the Irish hunk is also an expectant father!
Jamie Dornan: 5 Things To Know About The New Christian Grey
1. Jamie has modeled for Calvin Klein, Christian Dior and Armani — in his underwear! He also played rugby in college. We’re glad we can get acclimated with his abs and buff bod so quickly.
2. He played Sheriff Graham Humbert in ABC’s Once Upon a Time and currently plays a serial killer on popular Irish show The Fall.
3. He starred opposite Kirsten Dunst in Sofia Coppola‘s Marie Antoinette. He also performs in an Irish folk duo! Music and movies? What a talented guy!
4. He dated actress Keira Knightley from 2003 to 2005. We wonder if she’ll see the movie — for old time’s sake, of course!
5. And finally — sorry ladies! Jamie married English actress Amelia Warner in April — and in June, they announced they were expecting their first child! So when the movie hits theaters, he’ll have a baby in tow. Jamie may need to cover his son or daughter’s eyes!
Actor, singer, athlete — and sexy body! Hello, Christian! Negotiations are underway for the actor to officially sign on for the coveted role of Christian, our sister site Variety exclusively reported on Oct. 23. Consider us already at the movie theater with a front-row seat!
Are YOU excited that Jamie is the new Christian, HollywoodLifers? Comment and let us know!
— Ivy Jacobson