Austin Mahone: The Mystery About His Illness — Doctor Speaks

Sat, October 19, 2013 11:42am EST by 28 Comments
Austin Mahone Mystery Illness
Courtesy of Instagram

After Austin was shockingly rushed to the hospital on Oct. 17, it was revealed that he was treated for a blood clot and inflammation in his throat, as well as dehydration and a fever. But a doctor tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY that we still may not know everything about what is ailing the young singer. Read on.

Mahomies are in a state of panic after their idol Austin Mahone was taken to the hospital on Oct. 17 and forced to cancel his upcoming tour. Now HollywoodLife.com, with the help of a doctor, is delving into Austin’s condition to figure out what’s really going on and if he’ll ever be able to perform again.

Austin Mahone’s Mystery Illness

A rep for Austin told us on Oct. 18 that “Austin Mahone was admitted to the hospital with 104 temperature and is being treated for a blood clot and extreme inflammation in his throat as well as severe dehydration.” But the spokesperson may have withheld information, Dr. Barry M. Rose, anesthesiologist at UCSF Medical Center in San Francisco, tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

“The story is being told in a way that does not reveal all there is to know,” the doctor states. Dr. Rose explains that most of Austin’s symptoms are congruent with each other — the severe inflammation in his throat would cause the dehydration, as well as the high fever.

But the blood clot is the odd part. “If he had a recent tonsillectomy or something like that, then having bleeding, pain, dehydration some days later would make sense,” Dr. Rose says. “We have no knowledge of him having a tonsillectomy however.”

Dr. Rose points out that some singers have suffered from blood clots around their vocal cords, but if that is case, it would not explain why Austin is also suffering from a high fever and dehydration. So something to connect all the dots is clearly missing.

Austin Mahone: Can He Recover?

With that in mind, what sort of prognosis can Dr. Rose make about Austin’s recovery?

“If this is not laryngeal [pertaining to the voice box] in origin, which I doubt it is, then he will make a full recovery and sing just fine again,” Dr. Rose reassuringly says. But?

“If it is pharyngeal [pertaining to the throat] in origin, which I suspect it is, it may take a couple of weeks before he feels normal again.”

Thankfully, Dr. Rose mostly discards the possibility of long-term damage or anything even more serious than that. “All in all, he has a really bad sore throat, inflammatory or infectious, for which we cannot know the real reason or diagnosis.”

Hopefully this is just a scare, and Austin can get over it soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.

WATCH: Austin Mahone Released From Hospital After Blood Clot Scare

– Andrew Gruttadaro, Reporting by Eric Ray

More Austin Mahone News:

1. Austin Mahone: Fans Tweet Prayers For Hospitalized Singer
  2. Austin Mahone Forced To Postpone Tour After Hospitalization
  3. Austin Mahone & Camila Cabello Dating? — Potential New Couple Alert

Satsuki Takamura

Posted at 9:31 PM on October 29, 2013

Sorry that happened to you I hope you get better I love you so much I’m going to keep praying for you

larissa rodriguez

Posted at 11:53 AM on October 23, 2013

ILOVEYOUAUSTIN<3

#GETWELLSOON<3

Destiny sutton

Posted at 9:20 AM on October 28, 2013

I pray and I pray poor baby I hope you get well very soon you are my hole world I LOVE YOU SO MUCH <33

larissa rodriguez

Posted at 11:52 AM on October 23, 2013

HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON AUSTIN!!!!!!i love you always have always will i cant get it off of my mind that your hurting i cant concintrate</3

#pray for my love austin mahone<#

Keala_bear

Posted at 1:14 PM on October 22, 2013

I hope you get better soon….We love you Austin ! WELL…I love you!! I will keep you on my Prayers!!!!!!!!

PRINCESS

Posted at 9:02 AM on October 22, 2013

Hope u’ll gt well soon ………+_+…….lots of love

Sheryl

Posted at 10:58 AM on October 21, 2013

Hope you recover soon… Lots of love and luck

Befeepilf (@Befeepilf1)

Posted at 6:59 PM on October 20, 2013

my neighbor’s aunt makes $82/hr on the laptop. She has been laid off for 7 months but last month her pay check was $21868 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read Full Article>>>>>>>x.co/2d6iQ

Anna Holland

Posted at 6:21 PM on October 20, 2013

#getwellsoonaustin

AvonsJaitlin

Posted at 6:18 PM on October 20, 2013

Aw hope he feels better

robert

Posted at 2:49 PM on October 20, 2013

IN SOME CASES, THE BACTERIA is MUCH STRONGER AND HAVE TO REMOVE amygdala
MY MOTHER HAD THIS PROBLEM

elizabeth zuk

Posted at 2:31 PM on October 20, 2013

hope u feel better Austin Mahone.

Loshini

Posted at 10:17 AM on October 20, 2013

May god bless you. Hope you will be well soon

BrownsGirlsLoveAustinTOOO

Posted at 10:16 AM on October 20, 2013

OMG Austin I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU GET BETTER, I am crying my eyes out, for you HOPE YOU GET BETTER, AUSTIN I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT YOU AND YOUR AWESOME SONGS AND PERSONALITY, YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND SINGER…I REALLY LOVE U AUSTIN.
GET BETTER SOON DUDE.

Austin's Skittles

Posted at 4:43 AM on October 20, 2013

GWS Austin .. <3

dede

Posted at 11:16 PM on October 19, 2013

love you hope u feel better soon A.C.M LOVE U !!!!!!!!!!!

Ayah okane

Posted at 10:30 PM on October 19, 2013

I know Austin doesn’t want anybody feeling bad for him and I know what it’s like to be in a hospital bed I was in the same thing about 1week ago but I will pray and I will sit here and keep in praying till he’s better.

austins tiger

Posted at 10:17 PM on October 19, 2013

sooo Austin mahone is out of the hospital lol I love hem

Alexcia Webb

Posted at 8:59 PM on October 19, 2013

I <3 you so much Austin, feel better for your family, friends, and your fans… Get well and always remember this, WE LOVE YOU!!!!…. :-) Get well Austin.

Angie

Posted at 8:32 PM on October 19, 2013

Hey Dominika, u see this
!!!!!!!

Kayla

Posted at 7:46 PM on October 19, 2013

I love you Austin i reallly hope you feel better soon! I hate how your in the hospital i love you soo much! Get well soon.

fftrf

Posted at 6:25 PM on October 19, 2013

i feel so sad

Angie

Posted at 7:19 PM on October 19, 2013

Ive balling out my eyes for the last five hours

Angie

Posted at 6:20 PM on October 19, 2013

wtf first the “doctor” says I doubt so, then he says I suspect so. this guys not fooling me, give me the damn truth about Austin!

Christy

Posted at 3:25 PM on October 19, 2013

Nice girl socks

Tweek

Posted at 2:41 PM on October 19, 2013

Poor baby….I’ll comfort you.

Hi!

Posted at 12:08 PM on October 19, 2013

Feel better Austin Mahone Mahomie forever!