Maria Kang: Moms Shouldn’t Feel Guilty Spending Time Working Out

Fri, October 18, 2013 2:49pm EDT by 5 Comments
Courtesy Of Facebook/Mike Byerly Photography

tina

Posted at 6:59 PM on October 21, 2013

Please stop hating, stop being so overly sensitive and creating unnecessary drama. If you’re happy with your life, truly happy, then pictures like these shouldn’t affect you one way or another. This woman looks amazing! ALL the negative comments she has received hands down are stemmed from insecurities of thy self. So get over it, and go work on self love.

Lina

Posted at 3:21 PM on October 20, 2013

I have a 3yr old a 2yr old and I used to worked out when they were taking naps I recently stopped because baby #3 its on its way:) there’s no excuse if u have time for facebook & Hollywood life lol.

Ellie

Posted at 7:21 PM on October 19, 2013

I agreed with her overarching message and all, BUT I take issue when she says, “you still have to keep yourself a priority because you are the head of the family, well the man is the head unless you’re a single parent.” Why on earth is the MAN automatically the head of the family, by virtue of his sex? Especially given that mothers are still most often the primary caregivers? And what about the radical notion that a marriage is a partnership between equals, and both parents are equally responsible for child-rearing? This is a smack in the face of any woman who values equal rights and opportunities.

Brendon

Posted at 9:34 AM on October 19, 2013

I find it hilarious that all these people that had the time to cruise around Facebook posting negative comments about her and her photo are the ones saying they don’t have time to work out because they have kids. If you have time to browse and comment on Facebook, you have time to work out. She even has pics of her working out WITH the kids. Make it a family thing and get them active, too. Don’t hate on her because you can’t figure it out. Saying she is a bad mother because she takes care of her body is much worse than her asking what other mothers’ excuse is because she’s right. You CAN do both and if you say you can’t, you’re making up an excuse. Get off her back, then get off of the Internet, then get off your rear end and then do some crunches!

kuzuki

Posted at 1:24 PM on October 19, 2013

I believe that Ms. Kang is just promoting her healthy life and wants to share her positive outlook. I have four kids of my own, I gained a few pounds, but determine myself to lose and get back to normal weight and I did without going to gym and spending a couple of bucks. Just watch out what we eat and household chores, yard cleaning, avoidance of sitting the whole day is enough exercise everyday.