Cher Lloyd Disses Lorde For Slamming Selena Gomez

Fri, October 18, 2013 2:21pm EDT by 63 Comments
Lorde Selena Gomez Diss
Getty Images/Fameflynet

Cher dissed Lorde after the outspoken ‘Royals’ singer called Selena an ‘anti-feminist.’ Cher’s no stranger to a celebrity feud (see ‘Cheryl Cole’), so Selena’s definitely got a fighter in her corner!

Cher Lloyd, 20, isn’t one to mess with. And now The X Factor UK contestant has sided with Selena Gomez, 21, after 16-year-old Lorde called her an “anti-feminist.” Cher is having none of it!

Cher Lloyd On Lorde: ‘She’s A Knob’

Uh-oh. Selena may have politely dissed Lorde after bad-mouthing the Disney star’s ‘Come and Get It’ track — but Cher isn’t playing nice. Cher said the ‘Royals’ singer is a “knob,” in an interview with J-14.

We’re thinking the mag didn’t pick up the English slang — ’cause that’s a serious diss. Cher praised the young talent, but went on to say she didn’t understand why the singer ripped Selena. She ranted:

Why does she have to go and do that? She’s doing so well, what a knob. Why would she do that? She’s sitting at number one. I think she’s going to eat her words, which she obviously already has, and I think for someone who’s gaining so much success so early, she should be considering herself lucky, it takes a lot of work.

We definitely agree with Cher, but shouldn’t she follow her own advice? Cher made her TV debut in 2010 on The X Factor and was taken under singer Cheryl Cole‘s wing. After placing fourth on the show, the then 16-year-old publicly slammed Cheryl during a radio interview, accusing her of lip-synching.

See the connection, Cher? We’re going to guess Lorde won’t be taking the Brit singer’s advice anytime soon.

Lorde Stands By Her Comment

Despite social media backlash and a public diss by Joe Jonas, 24, Lorde’s unfazed. Instead, the starlet has defended herself and told reporters that she doesn’t take the comment back.

“I have pretty strong morals and opinions being in pop music, and I can’t help but express those, which I think people appreciate,” Lorde told MTV News.

She may have said some not-so -nice things, but we have to admit she’s pretty tough for a 16-year-old!

Lorde went on to say, “I mean, I don’t think I say anything that isn’t backed up. Most of the time I will stand by things that I’ve said.” Ouch!

Lorde’s even gone on to diss Justin Bieber, 19, Miley Cyrus, 20, and Taylor Swift, 23. Let’s hope the list won’t get any longer.

What do YOU think Hollywood Lifers? Should Lorde stop dissing your favorite celebs? Sound off!

WATCH: Selena Gomez Disses Lorde Right Back!

– Danielle Noriega

More Celebrity Feuding News:

1. Claudia Jordan Accuses Omarosa’s Mom Of Attacking Her At BET Awards
  2. Jimmy Kimmel Responds To Kanye West With Kim Kardashian Diss
  3. Farrah Abraham Slams Janelle Evans — She Doesn’t Care About Son Jace

Emily

Posted at 3:03 AM on September 21, 2014

Lorde is 16, she’s lucky to have gotten as far as she has so early. There is no reason for her to diss Selena and 18 other celebrities! Me honestly, i like Lorde. Her songs are great and she’s an amazing singer but she has not been in the singing business long enough for her to actually be able to diss people.

Moemoe

Posted at 6:17 PM on July 9, 2014

To be honest Lorde is just being a DRAMA QUEEN!!!! Im a huge fan of her but she is kust being so conseded ughh well i hope yall reply back.

Cher Boylyn

Posted at 1:09 AM on June 18, 2014

Celebrity diss each other isn’t that new. But they do need to learn to stop doing that because it’s bad for fans that look up to them.

Destiny

Posted at 2:31 AM on March 13, 2014

I agree with Lorde all the way. Selena Gomez use to be my goal, my inspiration for writing music and possibly becoming an amazing actress like she was. Key word: was. After she left Disney channel, just like Miley Cyrus, she changed I noticed she became I guess you can say sexy? I don’t mean appearance wise I mean that she started showing more skin and cleavage and her song Come and Get It proved it to me. And honestly that was one of the things that I liked about Selena she didn’t need to show skin to prove she was sexy and beautiful like so many other nowadays. But she slowly changed and now I feel like she thinks she all that. And Lorde deserves to say what she wants about who she wants she is 16 and made number 1 hit song with a song she wrote not buy. And if you listen to her song Royals it speaks profoundness, for once a song that speaks the truth! She shouldn’t be heavily bashing everybody but I say she dose have the right to comment on others careers.

Nicole

Posted at 8:27 PM on January 26, 2014

The girl has an inflated ego,thinking she’s better than Miley and Selena just because she didn’t grow up with money.Newsflash! Neither did Selena.She was given a chance on Disney,and Lorde was given a chance they both took it.Lorde needs to tone that ego down,becuase she may be good,but that attitude won’t get we anywhere.

Brree

Posted at 5:09 AM on January 29, 2014

I totally agree with you I mean Selena came from a one parent home, her mom had to work so hard to support the both of them

Nicola

Posted at 3:12 PM on February 1, 2014

Lorde is not saying she’s better than Selena she’s saying that people in the music industry throw money around and drive fast cars ect .Selena may have come from humble beginnings however now she’s gained fame she clearly has changed and spends a lot of money on possessions .Lorde disagreed with the way stars portray themselves by making songs like “come and get it” that make out that women are here for men to come and get.If as you say say she has attitude then I’m glad of that at least she has a opinion unlike many who simply follow the crowd.As a 14 year old girl Lorde is a better role model than women like Selena that prance around in bras and take numerous drugs.

Matt

Posted at 2:19 PM on January 21, 2014

i think lorde’s opinoin must be respected…….& i think what she said was ryt……….

Laila Fahad Kabital

Posted at 6:06 AM on January 3, 2014

I love Selena Gomez and Lorde is being too mean and by the way Lorde is only 16 and Selena is 20 so Lorde should respect anyone older than her

syd

Posted at 2:45 PM on January 22, 2014

ohh boohoo. who cares! selena can’t even sing.

Tess

Posted at 3:38 AM on January 28, 2014

Neither can Lorde.

Nicola

Posted at 3:20 PM on February 1, 2014

Age does not prove intelligence.

Barbie

Posted at 3:11 AM on December 18, 2013

I feel that every body has their own opinion but lorde dissing so many artist lately like Miley cryus and Taylor swift justin Biber is not right

I feel that Selena had the right to jump back at lorde because Selena has been in the game much longer. So i feel Selena did the right thing by putting lorde back I her place. I like both artist but I don’t think lorde should not have done that

Aaron

Posted at 10:33 PM on December 1, 2013

I don’t see why everyone is so upset. We create these superstars by buying their crap music and pretending the lyrics are life-changing and deep, and they aren’t. Lorde basically just said what most of us are thinking…and since when did voicing an opinion become something illegal? I’m just glad she’s not apologizing. I hate when someone makes a comment and then backs down because they’re afraid people might not like them after the comment. It’s just an opinion – at least she has them and she’s not just parroting what everyone else says. Miley Cyrus is a hot mess, Selena Gomez was beige and boring at the Thanksgiving halftime performance…and don’t even get me started on Justin Bieber. Hot…mess. At least Lorde is saying it.

Morgan

Posted at 5:55 PM on November 25, 2013

Honestly i get thats lorde was expressing her opinion,but she was better of just keeping it to herself instead of dissing more artists that have been in the buisness longer than she probably has.As for selena she was being mature and told her she was a talanted singer .Cher was trying to be a good friend by defending selena but yeah again she should have kept it to herself cx

kaye

Posted at 12:16 AM on November 16, 2013

i love lorde`s songs. & the girl can sing, i`ll give her that…but taking a swing at the stars that have been on top for the past 5 years or so is a very bad idea. when it comes to this industry it isn`t really about your talent but about who you know (which is a proven fact) & this girl is burning bridges left & right with celebrities who are sitting on top of the pyramid. there are a handful of people who have amazing voices compared to who the lime-light is currently raining on but they`re no where to be found. Lorde has even gone as far as slamming American Pop Culture…but isn`t that where you are trying to make it big sweet heart? you gotta learn to get along with the people around you or else you aren`t going to get anywhere. if she keeps this up she`ll be a one hit wonder..

friedchicken (@valerianwe)

Posted at 9:16 AM on November 17, 2013

thats just what i hate about the system of this so called industry. in order for you to success you have to have the right connections coz’ in the end its not about talent its about how well you are prtrayed through the media and how goody goody you play with your fake smile and your fake appearance just so that people would notice you and listen to your trashy but catchy songs or otherwise good, but overly sexualized, songs. she indeed said from an interview that in the first place she wan’t expecting this much fame from her debut single “Royals” but it charted no.1 for a reason and that’s because people heard it and listened to it and took the lyrics to heart, though unfortunately the social media brats ,which are the people who just follow trends that media imposes on them, listened to it not even with the slightest comprehension on what it meant and founded it catchy like the other pop songs available. She climbed her way to the top all by herself and that means alot. She did also say that she listened to the top 40 songs from billboard and yes it was full of trashy songs with the occasional good one with depth but mostly meh. Im betting that more people would support her brave endeavor into this cruel world we call the Industry because there’s a big chance she will soon become one of them….

cathy

Posted at 10:55 PM on November 10, 2013

And THIS.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU LORDE.

Like wow, mad respect! We finally get a young and talented singer finally voice out the truth. All these other artists are horrible. Selena fans, have you ever heard her live? Shes awful.

MAD RESPECT LORDE, KEEP IT UP!

lilly

Posted at 1:48 PM on January 11, 2014

that makes both of us your biggest fan lorde

liz

Posted at 10:32 AM on November 9, 2013

Lorde is obviously a really talented singer, and she’s only sixteen years old. Some of her disses weren’t as bad as they were made out to be. I am a huge Taylor Swift fan and I wasn’t bothered by what she said about Taylor, and knowing Taylor she probably praises Lorde for her good position in the music industry so far on. Also, stars like Justin Bieber don’t portray what it’s like to be a real teenager because they grew up with a microscope above them, that was obviously not a diss. Other times she was just stating what she thinks, like about Selena Gomez, and sometimes it did go a little overhand like when she called the ex-disney stars mental. I still love all those artists and applaud Lorde for being so true to herself.

Keleigh

Posted at 11:44 AM on November 3, 2013

Me and my sister love lorde’s songs so much and Selena Gomez is not so great now and Selena’s songs I don’t even like

Angel

Posted at 1:28 AM on February 1, 2014

Team Selena because she has been in the music industry longer and knows what the people like, its not about what is feminine its about how good the music is. Lorde may have topped everyone by being number 1, but she just got in to the music industry and knows way less than Selena and everyone else she has been dissing. BTW she should respect her elders. :)

DSCFVFVD

Posted at 3:51 AM on April 12, 2014

Elder? She’s only 21 lol

ASDFGHJKL

Posted at 10:57 AM on November 3, 2013

Why is everyone hating Lorde as an artist because she voiced her opinion about people and songs? Like WOAH CALM DOWN LORDE you’re gonna hurt Taylor’s feelings for saying she’s too flawless! And she didn’t even diss Justin like does anybody actually hear what she said? She was saying that artists like Justin don’t portray what it’s like to be a young person and I personally agree with her but its just songs, she’s not dissing anyone as a person or anything. And I know at least some people thought the same thing a lorde when hearing come and get it. I like Selena and Lorde wasn’t dissing her she’s dissing a song she didn’t even write herself. I seriously bet that all of the people who hate lorde’s music because of what she said have never listened to her album probably just royals and maybe love club. Just my opinion on all of this- no one should be making an enormous deal out of it

Cher Boylyn

Posted at 1:20 AM on June 18, 2014

I can tell all singers use auto toon Now a days I clearly can tell the voices on there albums are complete different from there live shows Because they make it more perfect for There album and also know some need to rest there voice and still need to perform they lipsyn to to there own track