Maria Kang Reveals Real Reason She Wanted To Do Controversial Ad

Thu, October 17, 2013 2:01pm EDT by 19 Comments
Maria Kang Fit Mom
Courtesy Of Facebook/Mike Byerly Photography

Melissa

Posted at 7:07 PM on December 3, 2013

Why is this woman so worried about how other peoples’ bodies look? Seems like she is aiming for a reality show. I realize that this country has an obesity problem, but she just comes across as mean-spirited. And no, I am not fat, and yes, I do work out.

Cath

Posted at 10:12 PM on October 25, 2013

Sue and Kat

Come on, “choosen” and “women” are not accidental typos, they show that the writers clearly had no clue of the basic spelling/grammars.

You gals need to realize not everyone needs to see eye to eye with you. I am not the one flaunting myself on the internet with controversial photos and headlines for pathetic little achievement. Look around us there are all kinds of smart, highly accomplished women who do not need to promote themselve in such a sad and lowly fashion. Have you listened to her interviews? She is utterly uninspiring and clearly an airhead. There was a segment where she was introducing health foods for kids, most of them were pre-packed snacks you get from Costco and Trader Joes (very original), the only “homemade” food was a tortilla wrap that had peanut butter in it!! Yeah her critics are right, she is a bad mother that does not appear to be aware the all too common nut allergies today among kids and that most schools/care centers prohibit foods containing any traces of nuts.

I am an ethnic minority myself and only came here and started to learn English when I was almost 20 yo. The average income in Philippines today is a lot lower than where I came from, despite the US left the Philippines the richest country in Asia decades ago. Of course that is another topic to be discussed elsewhere on another day. I am not saying there are not some high achieving Filipinos, there certainly are. I am only making a truthful observation (despite you may find it painful and like to be in denial) that their “average” is generally below many other ethnicities.

Just because I am brave enough to tell the truth does not make me a racist, just because you prefer to not and follow the PC non-sense does not make you a non-racist. When my own race/nationality comes under attack (sadly I have to admit many of the stereotypes are true), I do not take it out on people who point that out, I actually thank them for the candid feedback and look within to see what I can do to improve ourselves, if I agree with them. This is how people/societies/countries progress.

Vanesa

Posted at 1:37 AM on October 20, 2013

Maria you are an amazing women keep it up.

Cath

Posted at 8:25 PM on October 20, 2013

Her supporters seem to have problems with spelling – “woman”, not “women”.

Sue

Posted at 5:39 PM on October 18, 2013

This message is for cath
You are miserable for whatever reason. Stop the hating and you will enjoy life allot more. Yes you have choosen what’s important to you and it may not be the same as others . Don’t judge. And don’t be a racist its a waste of time.

Cath

Posted at 8:12 PM on October 20, 2013

To Sue:
So “judgemental” = “miserable”? I don’t understand your logic and I am certainly getting tired of this American overly political correct mind set. Should we all be brainless airheads with no opinions? We are way overboard on the PC stuff and let’s be frank for a change. Mind you stereotypes are generally true whether we say it out loud or not.

When people put themselves out there in the public eye, they are inviting judgements. Anyone who does not want to be judged should not try to become a celebrity in any way. Whether you agree or not, it is pretty pathetic for someone with such a small achivement in life to be bragging about herself in the public eye, anyone who does not have a real job and has hours a day to spend in the gym can achieve a physique like that. Her bahavior spells nothing but shallow.

By the way, I would have appreciated and respected your criticism a bit more if you had spelled “chosen” correctly.

Sue

Posted at 5:29 PM on October 21, 2013

Behavior not Bahavior, Cath.. By your own standards, her haters seem to have trouble spelling.

Kat

Posted at 12:02 PM on October 22, 2013

Who are you to say she doesn’t have any other ‘achivements’ (your spelling)? Do you even know her? And anyone who starts their argument with a racist comment immediately looks pathetic. It’s not being PC, it’s just desperate that that’s the first thing about this woman you’d come up with. Stop pretending to be this smart person you claim to be and ask yourself why you are so miserable. And my brilliant and non-airhead Filipina colleagues from Columbia have a bone to pick with you. They are a writer, a banker and a magazine editor, and they don’t go skulking around the Internet putting people down. Move on.

Cath

Posted at 2:46 AM on October 18, 2013

Another airhead Filipina, why am I not surprised. My excuses – Graduate school degree, a full-time professional career working over 10 hours a day for the past 17 years, a mother of 2 young children, never had any plastic surgeries, work out a few times a week and look slim and attractive. Yet I don’t feel a need to ever post my photos to brag. What is your excuse for under-achieving, Maria?

Kat

Posted at 6:47 AM on October 18, 2013

Cath- So you’re not only miserable, you’re a racist too. Nice! And I guess grad school didn’t teach you that it always pays to promote your business. Fitness is her business. She’s actually smarter than you are apparently.

Cath

Posted at 8:21 PM on October 20, 2013

So, “money” = “smart”? It’s people like you have made this society a state like the famous Chinese saying – “laugh at the poors, not the whores”.

Julia

Posted at 12:27 AM on October 18, 2013

I don’t get what the big deal is. This woman is a fitness blogger, of course she is going to post this kind of stuff. Her goal is to promote herself and her blog. If you are are not into that (and I’m not judging, ask anyone I know I am not into fitness and I am overweight) don’t look at it. She didn’t hand it out to all the chubby moms at the PTA meeting, that would be bullying. She posted it on her own Facebook and blog. This is as silly as reading about how McDonalds is putting books in Happy Meals as if this was a problem. A book can be a treat for a kid. Come on people, get over it.

jody9998

Posted at 10:57 PM on October 17, 2013

Do you want to have a serious interracial relationship?My friend Anna has just married to a handsome black man.Just GO TO ♥ Blackwhitepeopledating,yolasite.Çom ♥ – the black white single MatchMaker works for serious singles! Meet black, white, gorgeous, beautiful, hot singles for romance, dating and enduring relationships.A Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.Date an ideal interracial match can never be easier!

Philipp

Posted at 10:30 PM on October 17, 2013

People are just pussies. Grow a pair and stop whining because someone looks better than you. Eat a doughnut or something, you’re good at that.

profit555

Posted at 9:38 PM on October 17, 2013

Love sees no color. Don’t you think black and white is a beautiful combinations?Just GO TO ~~~ ( MixedPartner.c0m )~ —is for all black & white singles find love beyond race and borders. Join us to seeking the perfect interracial partner.
So don’t wait any longer. Create your profile for free and start browsing through their profiles.aa

bmytityidsgh548

Posted at 9:21 PM on October 17, 2013

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~MixedLuv.Çom~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.With the background verification system, you can easily find someone real, serious, quality. Have a try.xcvbxcb

Not Inspired By Fake

Posted at 6:34 PM on October 17, 2013

She doesn’t have a disclaimer on the photo that she got breast implants, was a bodybuilder, posed in such a way that her pregnancy tummy was tucked in, and that she was photoshopped.

What’s her excuse?

Not Inspired By Fake

Posted at 6:30 PM on October 17, 2013

Please listen! She admitted on Facebook to breast implants, having been a bodybuilder, posing in such a way that her pregnancy tummy is tucked in, and photoshop. She has a profile on the Bodybuilders site, showing her rock hard globes boob job. This photo should have a disclaimer warning about its fakery. Not a taunt: “What’s your excuse?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Maria Kang’s Facebook:

March 11, 2013

“After winning the national Filipina title to represent the U.S. in an international competition in Manila, Philippines, I made a swift decision to receive a breast augmentation. At the time, I felt incredible pressure from my pageant coaches, family members and the overall industry to alter my physique. I was very lean and lost much of my breast tissue in the weight loss process. I knew the moment I got off the plane pageant officials would take my measurements and know that at 30-24-33 I was not bringing to stage, a very competitive physique.

Up to that point, I had won or placed every pageant I competed in. I enjoyed the preparation and focus required to perform talent, speak with conviction, walk with grace and present the best overall package. I was a competitor, after all, and I would do nearly anything to win.

I regret not thinking about the long-term impact of my decision more fully before the operation. Unlike most women who receive 300-500cc of saline to enhance their breasts up to a C or D cup, I opted for a more humble 225cc, which gave me a proportionate B cup. The day after my surgery, I felt incredible pressure on my heart and was rushed into emergency surgery for a hematoma in my left chest area. Just a few days later, I vividly remember having to attend a compulsory event as a title holder for Miss San Francisco Chinatown and wearing a hidden drain to my chest. I still have faint scars. I still have lack of sensation and I do believe it limited my ability to nurse efficiently.”

Not Inspired By Fake

Posted at 6:08 PM on October 17, 2013

bodybuilders – dot – com – forward slash – mkang – dot – htm

Maria Kang’s profile is there. And her rock hard globes boob job is so obvious.