‘Witches Of East End’ Recap: The Beauchamps Team Up To Save Freya

Sun, October 13, 2013 11:21pm EDT by 10 Comments
Witches Of East End
Courtesy of Lifetime

But ‘Operation: Save Channing Tatum’s Wife’ comes with a few strings attached. Someone’s about to die!

Witches of East End‘s Oct. 13 episode tied up most of the loose ends left by last week’s premiere — Freya (Jenna Dewan Tatum) was freed from the painting, Ingrid (Rachel Boston) brought Wendy (Mädchen Amick) back to life, and Joanna (Julia Ormond) was released on bail — but the Beauchamps still had a little digging to do before they could kiss their worries goodbye. More specifically, they had a little grave digging to do.

Because that’s how most families get out of jams, right? They take group field trips to graveyards and dig up their relatives’ coffins, which conveniently double as the hiding place for more than $1 million? Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

Oh, Brothers

Furious at her just-released mother for keeping her powers a secret, Freya stormed out of the house, heading straight to the one person she felt she needed to see — and no, it wasn’t her fiancé Dash (Eric Winter). It was his angsty, brooding brother Killian (Daniel DiTomasso)!

Honestly, I’m not even sure why Killian is considered the ‘angsty, brooding’ brother — save for his longer hair and darker wardrobe — but I’m hoping that we’ll learn more about his issues as the weeks unfold. I mean, his life doesn’t seem all that dark.

Not A Pretty Picture

Of course, the Beauchamp ladies still had their little painting friend to deal with. Doug (Neil Hopkins) escape shortly after Freya and followed her home, where he had a nice cold bath drawn for her. And by that, I mean he cast a spell which literally encased Channing Tatum‘s wife in a tub of ice.

Fortunately, Freya’s Angels arrived home just in time to save her, trapping Doug in another painting and burying it in a cemetary. (Side note: Why did no one step in to stop these women from digging an enormous hole in the cemetary, especially since one of them is still technically being brought up on murder charges? The police in this town could really be more observant.)

Death Is Coming

I guess I should also probably discuss that, in reviving Wendy, Ingrid apparently cursed someone she knows. She basically traded one life for another, so someone close to her will die now. But who? For some reason, I feel like it might be her friend’s baby. I mean, why else would they have gone through that whole ritual last week?

HollywoodLifers, who do you think will die? And which brother should Freya choose? Drop a comment with your thoughts.

WATCH: ‘Witches Of East End’ Promo

— Andy Swift

More ‘Witches Of East End':

1. ‘Witches Of East End’ Preview: Ingrid Fills Freya In On Their Family Secrets
  2. ‘Witches Of East End’ Series Premiere: The Beauchamps Powers Are Reborn
  3. ‘Witches Of East End’: Rachel Boston Previews Sunday’s Fiery Premiere

vbnvnerydfh568

Posted at 9:12 AM on October 14, 2013

xcbxcb

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:01 PM on October 14, 2013

If I was a witch, I’d cast a no-spam spell on all my posts.

kevin

Posted at 5:34 AM on October 14, 2013

I think dash might be the one who dies .

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:42 AM on October 14, 2013

I’ll be very sad.

abe

Posted at 12:30 AM on October 14, 2013

she tried to call her mother first……………

Ava

Posted at 11:45 PM on October 13, 2013

Spoiler***
In the preview for next week, I think Wendy says the person that’s going to die is Ingrid.
Think I want Freya to be with Killian because they have great chemistry and dying to know why he’s been waiting to be with her for 400 years.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:49 PM on October 13, 2013

Yeah, I saw that, but would they really give that away like that? I’m hoping they were trying to mislead us.

Alyse

Posted at 11:34 PM on October 13, 2013

I totally want Freya to be with Killian rather than Dash. I’m sure part of it is because I read the book series but they have so much chemistry with each other and you know there has to be history between them, in one of her past lives probably.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:50 PM on October 13, 2013

One of her past lives… or all of them. ;)

mfeliz

Posted at 9:21 PM on October 14, 2013

I like Freya with Killian too! I was staring to think I was alone with that. I am dying to know what these brother’s story is.