Meet the new face in the surviving crowd, plus ‘a lot of bad things’ coming in season four.
The big day (of the dead) is finally here! The Walking Dead returns for its fourth season Oct. 13 at 9 p.m. on AMC, and we’ve got the latest scoop from the show’s panel at New York Comic-Con. Some of the key survivors, as well as the creative team, assembled Oct. 12 at the Jacob J. Javits Convention Center to spill some last-minute spoilers about season four. Perhaps executive producer Gale Hurd summed it up best: “A lot of bad s**t is going to happen really soon!”
And what’s some of that “bad s**t,” you ask? HollywoodLife.com rounded up the five most crucial quotes from the panel.
‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Spoilers
2. Writer Scott Gimple promises a more intense, more protective Carol (Melissa McBride) this season, “She’s making sure she’s not a victim,” he explained, “but making sure the kids aren’t victims either.”
3. Expect to be surprised by Rick’s son, Carl (Chandler Riggs), in the coming weeks. Star Andrew Lincoln told the audience that Chandler “is going to kick ass this season. Wait until episode nine. That’s a spoiler. I don’t care!”
4. The panel’s attendees literally gasped when they were shown a new preview clip of the Walkers in season four.
Look outside at the furthest object you can see. Now picture everything in between filled with walkers. That is what we just saw on screen!
— The Walking Dead AMC (@WalkingDead_AMC) October 12, 2013
5. And when pressed about who Maggie (Lauren Cohan) would choose — Glenn (Steven Yeun) or Hershel (Scott Wilson) — she answered coyly, “I think dad would want me to pick my boyfriend. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that!
WATCH: ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Trailer
— Andy Swift
More ‘Walking Dead’ Season 4:
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4: Andrew Lincoln Reveals New Challenges
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Sneak Peek: Michonne’s Under Attack
- ‘The Walking Dead’ At Comic-Con: ‘Insane’ Season 4 Trailer Released