He made us laugh, he made us cry, and now we’re paying tribute to Finn’s most memorable moments.
“Everyone wants to talk about how he died … but who cares? One moment in his whole life; I care more about how he lived.” Those words, spoken by Kurt (Chris Colfer) on the Oct. 10 episode of Glee, perfectly reflected how the characters spent the emotional hour-long tribute to Finn (Cory Monteith). It was a celebration of his life — his accomplishments, his performances, and the countless way he improved the lives of those around him — and now, HollywoodLife.com is doing some reflecting of our own.
We’ve put together our 10 favorite Finn moments on Glee, from the moment we first met him on the pilot in 2009 to the last time we saw him in 2013. (And yes, we know this list doesn’t include any of his classic performances. This is a list of non-musical moments.)
‘Glee': Our Top 10 Finn Moments
1. Shower Power: We immediately fell in love with Finn when we first met him on the pilot, belting “Can’t Fight This Feeling” in the boys’ locker room at McKinley.
2. Long-Awaited Lip Lock: How incredible was Finn and Rachel’s (Lea Michele) first real kiss on the auditorium stage?
3. The O-Face: This definitely wasn’t Finn’s proudest moment, but we still crack up every time we think of the *ahem* face he made while sharing a hot tub with Quinn (Dianna Agron). Can you believe he thought that got her pregnant?
4. (Step)brotherly Love: Just when we thought we couldn’t love Finn any more, he stepped up and defended Kurt for wearing his Lady Gaga costume in school.
5. Necking At Nationals: We enjoyed Finn and Rachel’s first kiss, but their most epic lip lock definitely went down at Nationals on the second season finale.
6. The Shirtless Finn Picture Show: We’re glad Finn gained more confidence on Glee‘s special Rocky Horror Picture Show episode — and we’re especially glad he did it by strutting down the halls of McKinley High wearing practically nothing at all.
7. Pop Goes The Question: Our jaws hit the floor hard when Finn suddenly proposed to Rachel in the auditorium — on the very stage they shared their first real kiss, no less!
8. Tracks Of Tears: It was heartbreaking watching Finn drop Rachel off at the train station on the show’s third season finale, but Finn had Rachel’s best interest at heart when he sent her off to New York, and that’s all that matters.
9. Holy Hookup: Will (Matthew Morrison) and Emma’s (Jayma Mays) wedding may have turned out to be a disaster, but at least it brought Finn and Rachel back together — even if it was just for one night.
10. Brody Beat-Down: We’re glad Rachel broke up with Brody (Dean Geyer) when she found out he was a gigolo, but we’re even more glad that Finn flew to New York just to beat the crap out of him! And that line — “Stay away from my future wife” — was beyond.
HollywoodLifers, what was YOUR favorite Finn moment? Browse pics of our top 10, then vote below.