Charlie Hunnam: The Real Reason He Dropped Out Of ’50 Shades Of Grey’

Sat, October 12, 2013 6:00pm EDT by 94 Comments
Charlie Hunnam Drops Out
Courtesy of Mens Fitness

Sandy

Posted at 7:39 PM on October 13, 2013

I am not pissed….its his choice…for ANY REASON! I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE HIM IN CHRISTIAN GREYS ROLE…… TOO BAD SO SAD!

CAST

Posted at 6:53 PM on October 13, 2013

It’s CAST not “CASTED”. You don’t CASTED someone in a role. OMG LMAO. Wrong terminology. Wrong word. If you worked in Hollywood, you would already know that. Morons.

tessathalia504

Posted at 12:49 PM on October 13, 2013

until I saw the receipt which said $9386, I didn’t believe that…my… neighbours mother was realy erning money in their spare time online.. there dads buddy had bean doing this less than 18 months and as of now cleared the morgage on there cottage and got a gorgeous Renault 4. about his>>>> xurl.es/www.jobs.com

Jesse

Posted at 12:24 PM on October 13, 2013

Henry cavil anyone?

Christi

Posted at 12:20 PM on October 13, 2013

I think it’s sad that he dropped out. I like the unknown actors better. I do think the guy who plays Arrow on the CW, is a perfect choice. Look him up, Stephen Amell.

Ulla

Posted at 12:09 PM on October 13, 2013

I Think it’s sad that Charlie drop ‘christian’ …
He was not my first choice, but he Could havde
Made a reel sexy and hot Christian – just look at him!

But how i Think that the producer choose a unknown male sexy actor:-)

Just that then all the Ladies in the World dont have
a say in what he Can and can’t do…

Jennanna

Posted at 10:37 AM on October 13, 2013

I love Charlie but Charlie is Jax, plain and simple. Now Ian Somerhalder…? Now that’s Christian! Smoldering eyes, dark forbidding personality. Christian is basically Damon Salvatore with spanking instead of biting. He could so easily slip from playing Damon right into the role of Christian…. My vote is for Ian!

Neve

Posted at 3:34 PM on October 13, 2013

Totally agree!!! Ian all the way!!! :D

sue

Posted at 9:39 AM on October 13, 2013

Thank you. Wasn’t Christian at all.

Mel

Posted at 9:34 AM on October 13, 2013

Now that Charlie has dropped out, I could care less when the movie comes out, I won’t be there to see it especially if Ian or Matt or Rob get he part. Those three would be horrible choices for the part, Charlie was perfect, but he should have thought this all over before ever agreeing to the part. He has some very pissed off fans right now.

Shanna

Posted at 9:18 AM on October 13, 2013

I already had plans for a big group of women (and some men) to go see 50 Shades the day it came out, but now there is no reason to ever see this crappy movie!

Melissa

Posted at 4:31 AM on October 13, 2013

I like the books.. still on the second one and was reading with Charlie in mind. I thought he was a perfect choice. The choice also tuned me into Sons of Anarchy which I had gotten very addicted to, making it thru the first 4 seasons on Netflix. Very very sad now and won’t be buying a ticket to the movie theater and doubt I will continue watching SoA. I certainly don’t think they should cast an openly gay actor (nothing at all against gays but honestly with this type of movie?) This movie smells like a flop now. Thanks Hollywood.

Sad

Posted at 6:47 AM on October 13, 2013

I totally agree with u, also started watching soa when I found out and didn’t know who he was. then i found out what an incredible actor he is apart from his humanly impossible good looks and got really excited about the movie – I honestly think he would’ve been THE PERFECT choice for this role. Also very sad

Rose

Posted at 3:03 AM on October 13, 2013

Charlie would one day look back at this decision and let out a big sigh of relief. Bullet dodged, seriously. And to those demanding Matt or Ian be casted – lol, dream on! Those two will never go for such garbage like this “film franchise”. These books are pure trash and shouldn’t be allowed to see the light of the day.

layla

Posted at 2:28 AM on October 13, 2013

I think he would have been great but heard some people in the biz thought it wasn’t a good idea I won’t name this very important actor who is,.. well anyway had some influence so Charlie had no problem with the nudity. There are other pictures he’s wanted for his plate is full.

cozy

Posted at 2:08 AM on October 13, 2013

Chris Hemsworth or Channing Tatum will definitely be a very good choice! Both of them are Hot! And they’re very good actors :)

Layla

Posted at 2:35 AM on October 13, 2013

No way Chris or Channing will do this part… it will be someone small like that Iran guy or Matt Bomber don’t expect any A list.

Hmm

Posted at 1:36 AM on October 13, 2013

CHANNING TATUM PLEASE!!!!!

Carina

Posted at 1:06 AM on October 13, 2013

Dakota should be out next! Seriously they also need fan approval in order for this venture to be successful!

abe

Posted at 12:24 AM on October 13, 2013

he onetime f*cked a F*ggot in his private life………….

coosch

Posted at 11:47 PM on October 12, 2013

I thought Charlie was a good choice. Perhaps Travis Fimmel (Vikings).

Nan

Posted at 11:42 PM on October 12, 2013

This is sad. I thought he would make a great Christian. Definitely should NOT be Ian S. or Skarsgard. I like Matt but don’t think he would accept. Rob would be great but he was never an option with his schedule.

Amanda Alexandre

Posted at 11:33 PM on October 12, 2013

“He wanted to get out of the movie because he was feeling like it would be his version of Showgirls and he didn’t want to be remembered for that.”

Charlie, you are SO right. I’m happy. You’re too good for that crappy story.

Froustee (@Froustee1)

Posted at 11:06 PM on October 12, 2013

my buddy’s step-sister makes $71 every hour on the laptop. She has been unemployed for 5 months but last month her income was $12949 just working on the laptop for a few hours. great post to read….
x.co/2Y9Da

Froustee (@Froustee1)

Posted at 11:04 PM on October 12, 2013

x.co/2Y9Bs

Alejandrina

Posted at 10:37 PM on October 12, 2013

Poor Charlie Hunnam, to much pressure. Not my favorite, but he had a lot of criticism.

Caddy

Posted at 10:22 PM on October 12, 2013

You did the right thing. Charlie. You did the right thing.

sickofit

Posted at 9:59 PM on October 12, 2013

Horrible books. Good move for the actors who turned it down, and good move for Charlie backing out. I cannot fathom why anyone thought this horrible story was 1. well written, 2. erotic and 3. accurately depicted anything remotely resembling a D/s relationship. It was crap as Twilight fan fic, and it is crap as ‘original’ fiction.

Cheeky

Posted at 11:03 PM on October 12, 2013

Straight up! Good for him, I wouldn’t want my own worst enemy to star in this, it’s a travesty for society.