Tom Hanks Reveals To David Letterman: I Have Type 2 Diabetes

Tue, October 8, 2013 12:16pm EST by 17 Comments
Tom Hanks Diabetes 2
Courtesy of CBS

Tom is known for doing anything to create a good film — this includes drastic weight gain and loss for iconic characters he’s played in films like ‘Castaway’ and ‘A League of Their Own.’ However, it has caught up with him, he revealed on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ on Oct. 6.

Tom Hanks appears to have it all– an amazing wife, a successful career, and multiple Academy Awards. However, he has now revealed that he has to focus more on staying healthy since his doctor diagnosed him with Type 2 Diabetes. So sad!

Tom Hanks Tells David Letterman: I’ve Got Diabetes

The 57-year-old star visited Late Show with David Letterman to promote his new film Captain Phillips, but actually dropped a sad announcement — that he’s been struggling with high blood sugar since he was 36.

“I went to the doctor and he said, ‘You know those high blood sugar numbers you’ve been dealing with since you were 36? Well, you’ve graduated. You’ve got type 2 diabetes, young man.”

However, he remembers the importance of keeping everything funny and light-hearted. “Something’s going to kill us all, Dave,” he joked.

He also said that his doctor told him he should go back to what he weighed in high school to be healthy again.

“And I said to her, ‘Well I’m gonna have Type 2 diabetes,'” he said laughing. “There was no way I was gonna weigh what I weighed in high school! I was 96 pounds.”

Was Tom’s Diabetes Caused By His Weight Loss For Roles?

The award-winning actor has taken on various roles where he’s had to drastically gain and lose weight. For A League of Their Own, he gained 30 pounds; for Castaway, he dropped 55!

Dr. Holly Phillips told CBS News that the father of four should still be able to “live a perfectly normal life” since the diagnosis, but will have to “watch what he eats very closely” and “exercise regularly.”

“In dramatic weight gain and dramatic weight loss the equilibrium of the body is just completely off,” she added. “So that might predispose him to developing type 2 diabetes later.”

We’re hoping that Tom will take it easy and get better soon!

WATCH: David Letterman – Dave and Tom Hanks Hug It Out

– Emily Longeretta

More Sad Diagnosis News:

1. ‘Real Chance Of Love’ Star Diagnosed With Stage IV Colon Cancer
  2. Jack Osbourne Diagnosed With Multiple Sclerosis
  3. Anastacia Diagnosed With Breast Cancer For The Second Time

nsfa.us

Posted at 6:06 AM on November 4, 2014

Fine way of telling, and good paragraph to obtain data about my
presentation subject matter, which i am going to convey in institution of
higher education.

hartford CT tax attorney

Posted at 3:32 AM on September 25, 2014

Why users ѕtill make use of to read news papers when in this technological globe everything
is presented on web?

support.gobalto.com

Posted at 10:13 PM on August 23, 2014

Do you use personal blogs for inbound links? I heard
they work well but not sure if they have any benefitpost panda
Tom Hanks Reveals Type 2 Diabetes Struggle – The newest addition to
my weekly read!

lawn care tips

Posted at 7:25 PM on August 17, 2014

I relish, result in I discovered just what I used to be having a look for.
You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
Bye

top shop women dresses

Posted at 2:48 PM on August 17, 2014

Hola! I’ve been following your blog for some time now and finally got the
bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Texas!

Just wanted to say keep up the excellent job!

scrippscenter.com

Posted at 10:02 AM on August 16, 2014

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at
this website is really fastidious.

weight loss for women

Posted at 11:51 PM on August 14, 2014

Hello! This post couldn’t be written any better!

Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate!
He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him.
Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

como revertir la diabetes de sergio russo pdf

Posted at 10:19 PM on August 14, 2014

Users can create a profile and meet singles in their area.
If anything goes astray there would be need to step
in. It hosts a camera and multimedia capabilities
as well as a great and sleek design.

how to lose inches fast

Posted at 3:58 PM on August 14, 2014

Your style is unique in comparison to other people I’ve read stuff
from. Thank you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark this site.

กูรู

Posted at 10:49 PM on August 2, 2014

May I simply say what a relief to uncover someone who truly knows what they are talking about on the net.
You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
More and more people have to check this out and understand this side of your story.

I was surprised that you’re not more popular since you certainly possess the gift.

Posted at 7:18 PM on January 3, 2014

There is no currently Netflix server in Poland as
well as the company has given no indication that they’ll
ever release one. As if your equipment weren’t already expensive enough, Blu-Ray movies still cost much more than regular
DVD’s. Then we have got the Projection screen TV’s,then it was the flat screen models.

no flame electronic cigarette refills

Posted at 2:29 PM on January 1, 2014

Good day! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to
give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through your posts.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal
with the same topics? Thank you!

liposuccion laser

Posted at 9:30 AM on October 28, 2013

Numerous studies have shown that weight loss through bariatric surgery has
become an effective method in the treatment of urinary incontinence.
You must get the individual plan with the help of the dietician.
Drinking water increases the likelihood that you
will not satisfy thirst with sugary drinks.

proteinshackattack.Webs.com

Posted at 9:10 PM on October 17, 2013

Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Taking the time and actual effort to generate a great article…
but what can I say… I put things off a whole lot and never seem to get anything done.

workouts to build muscle

Posted at 3:05 PM on October 17, 2013

whoah this blog is fantastic i love reading your posts.
Keep up the great work! You recognize, many people are looking around for this information, you can aid them greatly.

a hogg

Posted at 6:34 AM on October 9, 2013

Yawn………

brendabrenna872

Posted at 2:29 PM on October 8, 2013

you make $27h…good for you! I make up to $85h working from home. My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45h to $85h…heres a good example of what I’m doing more detials visit this site
……