Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar ‘Trying’ For Baby Number 20

Tue, October 8, 2013 5:46pm EDT by 24 Comments 13,133 Article Views
Michelle Duggar & Jim Bob Duggar
Courtesy of TLC

The ’19 Kids & Counting’ stars are still counting. Michelle Duggar revealed that she still ‘hopes’ to welcome her twentieth child and that she is still trying for her next ‘blessing.’ What do YOU think?

Michelle Duggar and Jim Bob Duggar are the proud parents of 19 kids — but if their health allows them, they will continue to expand their family. Michelle revealed that she is “trying” for baby number 20 — and very hopeful for another baby following a series of health scares and a devastating miscarriage.

Michelle Duggar & Jim Bob Duggar Want Baby Number 20

Michelle, 47 is a mom of 19 kids — and the grandma of 3! — but she is still hoping that she will be blessed with another bundle of joy.

“I would be so grateful if the Lord blessed us with another one,” Michelle told Celebrity Baby Scoop. “We’re trying at this point and we shall see if that is a possibility. If not, we are so thankful and grateful for the ones that God has given us so far.”

If you add in her young grandchildren, Michelle has even more little ones to love. “We are also definitely enjoying our grandbabies! They are so precious!” she said.

Jim Bob and Michelle celebrating their 29th wedding anniversary together on the Oct. 8 episode of 19 Kids & Counting.

Michelle Duggar Suffers Miscarriage

Getting pregnant and carrying the baby to term isn’t so easy for Michelle as it was when she was younger. Michelle miscarried her daughter Jubilee in 2011, and had a health scare when her daughter Josie was born early at only 1 pound, 6 ounces.

“My health is good and I am grateful for that,” Michelle told Celebrity Baby Scoop. “I think it could be different; every person struggles with different things, but I am so grateful that my health is good and I am able to enjoy running and chasing my little ones around at this point in my life

What do YOU think, HollyMoms? Do you think Michelle & Jim Bob should try for baby #20?

WATCH: ’19 Kids & Counting’ Making Cookies With The Duggars

– Kristine Hope Kowalski

More ’19 Kids & Counting’ News:

1. ’19 Kids & Counting’ Recap: Duggars’ Disastrous Tokyo Vacation
  2. ’19 Kids & Counting’ Mom Michelle Duggar Reveals Dramatic Makeover
  3. ’19 Kids And Counting’ Recap: Strep Throat Strikes Duggar Family

becky

Posted at 1:06 AM on March 9, 2014

I think this is more that she has a problem , she loves them when they are newborns but is barely involved when they are toddlers and older… having kids and then getting ur kids to raise ur kids like she does is disgusting and ungodly

Crystal Kleist Lea

Posted at 1:23 AM on December 7, 2013

I love the duggar family a lot because I watch them all the time they are sweet couple two watch on tv and favorite people

Your are an insperation Mrs. Duggar,

Posted at 6:19 PM on December 2, 2013

wow , you people are unbelieable, some people just dont believe in the lord, and because ya’ll never experienced a miracle, doesnt mean you should go and smash such an amazing woman on a world wide website, some of you people need the lord in YOUR lives because you people are nothing but evil, try and close your eyes and let all the hate and anger in your life go, and see the possibilities and miracles that could come into your life. Ugh, some of these comments disgust me, and i pray for the duggar family and i hope the lord answers your prayers. Im sorry for these people that trash talk you on these stupid sites. God bless you and your family. And i sincerely hope the people that sit here and trash talk to you can soon learn to accept the loving lord and savior in their lives. God Bless.

areyouserious?

Posted at 8:18 PM on October 9, 2013

how on earth is a woman that old able to produce more babies in the first place? what an idiot. she is just going to kill the innocent baby or it will be born with Downs syndrome. For goodness sake, someone take out her reproductive organs already. Next time she will die or the innocent baby will die. WHy isn’t her husband encouraging her to be healthy and appreciate the kids she does have? Mental health issues!!

Brianna

Posted at 8:01 PM on October 9, 2013

“If not, we are so thankful and grateful for the ones that God has given us so far.”….IF NOT? No, how about you be thankful for the family you have now. You see how your last two pregnancies ended. Just stop. Stop trying to stay relevant. Just leave it alone. It is not worth it to keep having these complicated pregnancies.These two aren’t the smartest AT ALL.

Elizabeth

Posted at 5:53 PM on October 9, 2013

Enough children. I think God is speaking but Jim-Bob and Michele are not listening. They are carelessly playing God with human life. They have already experienced God’s sign to them saying enough is enough with the loss of a child and a miscarriage and who knows how Josie will develop.????? I would say that “God has spoken.” Besides,the older children are raising the young ones, not the parents….!!! Jim Bob seems not to enjoy really caring for any one of them. He seems to enjoy COUNTING THEM as though it were a competition with his cult-like friends. Be not fooled by the soft voices and sickening kisses and smiles of Jim-Bob and Michele. These parents CONTROL every step these kids make. Jim-Bob and Michele are very selfish individuals who offer their children little in preparing them for the future. Minimal education etc..is offered to them. It is easy to be good when you are trapped in the middle of Arkansas and cannot leave home for a real education amidst real people except for the cult-like friends that Daddy finds and invites to the house. (as potential spouses for the older ones) ……These kids are isolated from the world and all its opportunities except when they travel by caravan around the world with Daddy watching !!!………..Josh took a run for it (hope he does not chicken out and come dragging home)………..You are going to see more of these older kids RUN the first chance they get……!!!!!! ….. Look into the eyes of the older ones. Their eyes ROAR with discontent in their SILENCE…… There is more to life than having Daddy call a family “prayer” meeting to clean out the mess he made of some storage shed, or have a sale, or fix something…….Jim-Bob is a very selfish man, using his kids to satisfy his own needs…!!!!…..But he does it with a SMILE and Michele speaks softy ……praise God. ughh!!!

Katrina

Posted at 7:32 PM on October 9, 2013

You seem overly invested in this family and their business. Take a chill pill and mind your own womb. If you aren’t footing the bill for their lifestyle then hush up. I’m all for one benig entitled to one’s own opinion but good grief you’ve written a short story speaking in “Holier than thou” person. Relax by giving yourself a hug. Because you are the most unselfish person in the world, right?

areyouserious?

Posted at 8:19 PM on October 9, 2013

idiot and an idiotic comment.

af

Posted at 4:01 PM on October 9, 2013

Her trying for # 20 isn’t leaving it up to God. They are trying to force this to happen. If they do adopt, I’m betting that kid will rebel against their beliefs.

Jacina

Posted at 1:41 PM on October 9, 2013

Michelle should think of the big picture. If she dies, or becomes handicapped from a dangerous pregnancy, she would not be able to take care of the many precious children she already has. Going for a “record” or competing with other people in her religious sect is crazy.

areyouserious?

Posted at 8:21 PM on October 9, 2013

she doesn’t even take care of the ones she has….the siblings do. to her it is just a game and fame. what a terrible way to be famous for.

Jacina

Posted at 1:41 PM on October 9, 2013

Michelle should thing of the big picture. If she dies, or becomes handicapped from a dangerous pregnancy, she would not be able to take care of the many precious children she already has. Going for a “record” or competing with other people in her religious sect is crazy.

Dorothy Dean

Posted at 1:00 PM on October 9, 2013

These people are revolting!

LWalker

Posted at 9:46 AM on October 9, 2013

Let’s see… If all of their 19 kids did the same and had 19 kids and those grand kids each followed suit that would add up to… 6859!!!! In three generations! Thank God we are not all this selfish/ignorant or this planet would be in more trouble than it already is. She said that she stopped using birth control because of her first loss when she was in the pill, she felt God had sent her a message. Well dear, the premature birth that was only saved by medical intervention and the miscarriage are God’s way of saying now, “Stick a cork in it already.”

LouAnn W

Posted at 7:35 PM on October 9, 2013

Michele and Jim Bob are devout Christians and go by the words of the Bible. Michele realized in her faith that she was to be fruitful and to multiply as their Lord wants it. So, she stopped birth control. I don’t think they should be called selfish. Their children seem content and stable ( unless we don’t see behind the camera). I think it is selfish to have a child and NOT take care of it and only care about yourself or to have a child when you knowingly can not afford it like the woman who was inseminated and now has 16 kids……..that was down right WRONG!!!! Michele and Jim Bob are not living off the government by no means. I could be wrong, but this is my opinion on the subject. I guess time will tell if any of their children take off. Their oldest, Josh, already has three children……..we shall see.

LWalker

Posted at 10:14 AM on October 10, 2013

I guess if we all lived by that adage this planet would no longer be able to sustain the population. You pretty much missed my point

LouAnn W

Posted at 2:38 AM on October 9, 2013

Do you really think one more child is going to make a big difference?? If they are able to take care of their children, then so be it. The Bible tells us to be “fruitful and multiply”, but sadly a lot of us don’t have the financial means to care for such an enormous family or the patience to do so. The Duggar’s don’t live the way most of society does today, their children don’t seem to be spoiled as most of our young are today. I say God Bless them and if the Lord sends them baby #20, then I say Congratulations!!!!

areyouserious?

Posted at 8:23 PM on October 9, 2013

A baby with Down Syndrome? Imagine your own child is younger than your grand child? disgusting

Diane S. Ellison

Posted at 2:31 AM on October 9, 2013

It is not for me to judge, but I pray for only good & Blessings for all of them . As far as the kids doing chores that’s great & such a Blessing, working together, not fighting, as long as I have watched this NO ONE IS EVER LEFT OUT.

Mel Rose

Posted at 12:14 AM on October 9, 2013

I think they are both very selfish people. With that many children how can they have any one on one time with any of them The kids now do the laundry, help cook meals and each take care of each other. I had 4 and I could barely keep up and I did it by myself. She had Josie who was born premature and she has health problems. Enough is enough. That was a sign from god that its time to stop. God blessed you with 19 for gods sake give it a rest. Your not going to win any prizes having 20.

Pamela Miller

Posted at 11:54 PM on October 8, 2013

I would love to see them adopt a baby who needs a loving family!

Love

Posted at 6:33 PM on October 8, 2013

If im not mistaking she miscarried after having Josh.

Gracie

Posted at 6:35 PM on October 8, 2013

I can’t remember exactly how long after having Josh she got pregnant and miscarried, I think a couple months after.

Damn!

Posted at 6:03 PM on October 8, 2013

I think God has given them enough. They should focus on the Grand babies.
I’m sure her poor little womb looks like hamburger.
The last one died and the one before that almost died, and she almost died.
I think her poor little womb has had enough, it’s time for it to rest.
I love this family and I don’t want anything to happen to the mom. She is the best.