‘Duck Dynasty': Phil Robertson Says Network Censored His Christianity

Tue, October 8, 2013 6:19pm EDT by 50 Comments
Courtesy of A&E

N TIBBEN

Posted at 12:31 PM on March 6, 2014

Shame on you A&E for censoring a prayer.

Andreas

Posted at 4:37 PM on December 20, 2013

Phil is disgusting, racist and homophobic!

Sherry Cullison

Posted at 5:15 PM on December 20, 2013

It saddens me that exhibiting Christian values in today’s world allows others to condemn you and call you names publicly without anyone blinking an eye. Even living in America with freedom of speech should not allow disrespect of this sort. What I read in the magazine interview did not in any way cause me to think Mr. Phil was anything other than a Christian stepping carefully through hot controversial subjects.

Sara

Posted at 9:48 PM on January 28, 2014

No he is not! he might not agree with what they do but he wouldn’t treat them any different then anyone else

DEBBY

Posted at 9:13 PM on December 19, 2013

I give Phil Robertson alot of credit. he is standing on God’s word like all Christians are supposed too. And the Bible does say we are to use Jesus name when we pray for anything. I’m waiting to see if the rest of the Robertson family stands with the Lord and their father, husband etc… That is the right thing to do they certainly have enough money so that should not be an issue. If they don’t tell A&E that if they don’t want Phil then they don’t want any of us because we also believe as he does! If they don’t stand with Phil on this I will not watch their show ever again or buy any of their products either. I stand 100 % behind Phil and standing up for the Lord just like the Bible tells us too. Born Again Debby in Az

Noreen

Posted at 8:16 PM on December 19, 2013

I am so proud of you Willy. God Bless you and we are all behind you. Shame on you A&E you use to be soooo unbiased, I loved to watch what you entertain us with….shame, shame.

Jamie Morgan

Posted at 5:17 AM on December 17, 2013

Praying in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

elizabeth james

Posted at 5:59 PM on December 5, 2013

Please don’t let Hollywood change your show one little bit–it is the most refreshing show on t.v.
We all still have family values and it is GREAT to have the Robinson family share theirs with us.

Shannon

Posted at 1:23 AM on December 3, 2013

I am so glad that he stood up for his rights and his morals.
P.S. I don’t know anyone who is offended by Mister Robertson speaking about Jesus on his show. I think someone in the media likes to stir up controversy too much by making mountains out of mole hills.

Glenda

Posted at 12:21 AM on December 4, 2013

I agree with you I just love this show

Crys

Posted at 7:50 PM on December 1, 2013

I think that this is what’s wrong with the world anymore. People aren’t reading their bibles and there are too many non believers. Wake up people! The only way to get to heaven is through Jesus Christ. Keep up the great work Robinsons! I’ve got your back.

Terri L. Lane

Posted at 12:10 PM on December 2, 2013

AMEN!!!

K.K.

Posted at 2:15 AM on December 1, 2013

I’m sick of things being censored or taken away or not allowed simply because it offends someone of another religion other than a Christian! No where in Americas history has this ever been allowed or considered common place and accepted. I say if it offends you, change the station to one of the other 100s of stations that are on cable, dish, direct or whatever ur carrier is. Phil, keep standing for what you believe in.

Terri L. Lane

Posted at 12:24 PM on December 2, 2013

AMEN!!!

Donald McKenzie

Posted at 12:39 PM on November 25, 2013

Leaving the name of Jesus out of the show is what would invalidate it. The true Robertsons in their honest lifestyle and faith are what is drawing such a veiwership. There’s more than enough non Christian material on TV anymore. I I would think Hollywood would invite “diversity” of programming to broaden their audience. When will the networks wake up and see what programming is really successful and give the people what they want and dfinitely need.

Terri L. Lane

Posted at 12:19 PM on December 2, 2013

AMEN!!!

Rick

Posted at 3:41 PM on November 20, 2013

Phil is the best thing to hit the TV air waves since the 70’s I am no fanatical religious guy, but Phil needs to have the editors back off. they are a solid God fearing people ad I love that about them. I watch the show because they say what they want and they know where their blessings come from.

Phil,
Don’t let them take Jesus out of your family and out of your life. there are a 100 other networks that would love to have you along with the Savior!

Wholesome family entertainment !!!

Melanie Stanley

Posted at 4:27 PM on November 19, 2013

If people don’t like what they are hearing-turn the channel. This is a Christian family, living their Christian lives. As a Christian, I am offended they would edit Jesus’ name out. This country was founded as a Christian country, now the Christians are being made the minority so others do not get offended. As a Christian I am tired of my beliefs being edited for everyone else. Look at your history books folks. If you do not want to live in a Christian country go somewhere else. There are plenty of non-Christian countries where others will fit in nicely.

Terri L. Lane

Posted at 12:22 PM on December 2, 2013

AMEN!!! WELL SAID!!!

Andy

Posted at 1:43 PM on December 3, 2013

the founders of our country left because of religion. Get your facts straight.

Dorene Probst

Posted at 8:42 PM on December 19, 2013

Amen to all you folks who have responded to this guy who are standing up for his religious beliefs, I agree, you do not like Christians standing up for their beliefs, move to another country. Dorene
I have not watched this program before, but will now if he goes to another station that respects his opinion, without retribution for his beliefs. They will get picked up with another worthy station if not A&E.