Miriam Carey: Dead After Capitol Hill Chase, Had Postpartum Depression

Fri, October 4, 2013 7:41am EDT by 7 Comments
Miriam Carey Postpartum Depression
Courtesy Of Advanced Peridontics

me

Posted at 11:43 AM on October 4, 2013

Once again police shooting unarmed person and no history of violence and just having mental issues shoudn’t be a reason to fire that many shots? .I’am thinking the police are happy they didn’t shoot the child or they would really be in a mess, this lady just needed help.

Jason Statham

Posted at 11:03 AM on October 4, 2013

and of course the shut down hasn’t had anything to do with the depression…

stephaniennorris

Posted at 9:10 AM on October 4, 2013

This is sad. Her daughter will be in my prayers.

smoothsam

Posted at 8:23 AM on October 4, 2013

Reblogged this on smoothsam's Blog.

abe

Posted at 8:20 AM on October 4, 2013

SO IT IS ” CURED” NOW?
…………..morons.

(feel like heroes now?)

abe

Posted at 8:01 AM on October 4, 2013

what about an arrest?
AMERICAN POLICEMEN SHOOTS FIRST BEFORE ARRESTING!!

Eugene Mullan

Posted at 11:30 AM on October 4, 2013

The reportage of CNN and SkyNews in the immediate aftermath of the incident was quite shocking. Emotive words were used that lead one to believe that an attack on the White House and US Capitol had been foiled. The SkyNews reporter talked of a barrier being rammed and a gun battle and exchange of shots. There was talk of at least one policeman shot and medevac’d from the scene. Reporters were clearly reporting hearsay.

As I watched the footage from both stations in my home in Ireland I began to sense that this was emerging as a very sad situation. I saw the black child being taken by a policeman into a police car. Then word began to emerge that a woman had been shot dead. I called a friend who had been in the Senate Building and gave her my take. I said I thought the story would soon be realised as a real tragedy.

My impression from the footage I saw on television was that the woman had been surrounded by highly volatile policemen with guns drawn, shouting and screaming. I felt the woman panicked and in a state of hysteria wanted to get away. Sadly, she was fleeing further into danger. I don’t buy the story that the police were not aware a child was in the car until after the woman was shot dead. The footage of the car near the White House shows six officers, with guns drawn, standing in close proximity to the car, with clear views. As the car drives away there is approximately seven shots fired. What were they aimed at? The woman, or perhaps the tires to try and disable the car? By now the woman is, literally, running for her life. Yes, she hits a police car, which had tried to block her escape. And then what happens near the Hart Building? Were there more shots, or did the woman die from the shots fired by the security officers near the White House?

It is an area of high security and alert for terrorist attacks, that we know. Yet there is a deepening sense that the police may have overreacted. Yes, we know the woman suffered from depression and was on medication. The post-mortem will tell us more about that in due course. But she had absolutely no history of violence and that must not be lost sight of. The police have very serious questions to answers and the ‘live’ media also need to ask questions about their professional responsibilities to report accurately and in an unbiased way.

It is entirely sad and tragic.