Mom Forced To Have Abortion At 6 Months Due To One Child Policy

Fri, October 4, 2013 2:55pm EDT by 17 Comments
Forced Abortion
Courtesy of Sky News

So horrible! A mom came forward with the most heartbreaking story of loss after a team of 20 officials broke into her home and forcefully dragged her to the hospital to abort her second child.

Liu Xinwen, 33, a mom from Shandong Province, China revealed a horrible and shocking story. She explained that she was forced to have an late term abortion due to China’s one-child policy. She and her husband Zhou Guoqiang already have one 10-year-old son, so officials kicked down the door to her family’s home and took her to the hospital to deliver the lethal injection that would kill her unborn baby.

Forced Abortion While Six Months Pregnant Due To China ‘One-Child’ Policy

Mr. Zhou claimed that 20 officials from Shandong Province Family Planning Commission kicked in the door of his family’s home to take his wife away to the hospital, reports Sky News.

He said his wife was forced to sign papers saying that she agreed to have the abortion, and that when she refused to sign them, the couple was threatened with arrest. He told Sky News that he was held down while the officials took his wife away, and they would not tell him where they were taking her.

Zhou was able to eventually find the hospital his wife was taken to, 5 hours later. He said he arrived minutes after his wife was given a lethal injection to abort the baby.

The baby died in the womb, and Li Xinwen gave birth to the child — a boy — the next day. In a particularly horrific image, the child was put inside an orange bucket next to her bed.

China’s 1-child policy was instituted in 1979 and was intended to help with the country’s population control. “The policy is supposed to be enforced through financial penalties and not forced abortions. But in some provinces, over-zealous local officials, keen to keep within their birth quotas, break the law and terminate pregnancies by force,” reports Sky News.

“They don’t have any humanity. They are not humans.” Liu Xinwen said of how officials acted. “They must have children and parents too. But they don’t have any conscience. This is how China is.”

Grieving Mother’s Message To Her Lost Baby

In an absolutely heartbreaking video interview, the mother sobbed, “I miss him. I didn’t get to see him. I would be even more upset if I had seen him.”

She told her lost baby:

Baby, I’m sorry. We were not meant to be. You rest in peace in heaven. We will pray for you. We hope your next life is better.

Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.

WATCH: Mother Recounts The Horror Of Her Forced Abortion — Sky News

– Kristine Hope Kowalski

More Terrible Forced Abortion News:

1. Chinese Officials Apologize To Woman Forced With Abortion At 7 Months
  2. Surrogate Saves Disabled Baby Biological Parents Wanted Aborted
  3. Ariel Castro Terminated Multiple Kidnapping Victims’ Pregnancies

Aimee

Posted at 10:27 PM on October 8, 2013

I don’t agree with any abortion willing or forced! That’s murder out and out! Its pure evilness that makes a person even think of such a measure!

Laurie

Posted at 12:09 AM on October 6, 2013

Our county should have this rule for people that are on welfare. I am sick and tired of paying for lazy people to have more and more and more kids and just stay on welfare… many of which have more children just to get MORE MONEY!!

Elle Jay

Posted at 4:43 PM on October 5, 2013

I don’t think anyone should be saying that it’s “understandable”, take the baby and adopt it out.. don’t abort it at 6 months. That baby was fully developed and was a person. So they’re allowed to go around killing people off because there’s too many of them? DISGUSTING. Law or no law, there are other ways of handling things. Would they grab a newborn or 3 month old baby and give it a lethal injection? These people indeed have no consciences. Yes the mother should have thought about the consequences, but some women don’t know they’re pregnant in time to have an abortion (which I don’t agree with anyway.) and they grow to love the child inside them, willing to do anything to protect them. As it states, they broke the law when they forced an abortion at 6months. I hope someone gives THEM the lethal injection that killed that poor woman’s unborn child and broke her forever.

Crystal

Posted at 3:26 PM on October 5, 2013

It is horrible that something like this is happening in China. However, we have to realize that if China did not implement this policy, our world would be overpopulated in a matter of a few years. In addition, the earth’s resources are being depleted by people by the minute (especially in the U.S); China can not allow their people to have multiple kids otherwise, it would be detrimental for the earth’s future. The woman should have thought of the consequences before having a second child. But may he rest in peace. :'(

Courtney

Posted at 1:44 PM on October 5, 2013

this is sad yes but to be expected in China the one child policy has been a law since 1979.

Paolunchi

Posted at 5:14 AM on October 5, 2013

I think that is horrible but also understandable. Everybody knows the law of the country they’re living in, so this wasn’t such a surprise for her for sure. I think that this is the worst thing that somebody can do to a pregnant woman, but how did she get pregnant again in first place?? If it was an accident it is really sad and I really feel there should be some kind of exception, but in my country (argentina) it is really common that women get pregnant because they simply play with the oughts or don’t take care at all.
We live in a world where too much people have children they can’t really raise properly. As a result many human values get lost in the way because society becomes disfunctional…. An example is Argentina. Here you receive a sum of money for each kid you have, eaven if you don’t work and never paid a single peso of taxes. So, many girls and women instead of aspiring to study or work just aspire to be mothers of seven kids or more…. And once they have them they usually live with that money and the food supplies the government also gives them, and let those children just kinda get raised on their own. And years later, and even since they were born they just represent problems to society, because from those families not willing to work come most robbers an murderers. And yes, I know not all of the are bad, but most of them are.
I know I may seem cold too many readers, but I’m not. I am a medicine student and I care deeply for people… But I also care for the world, and I think changes are necessary. I always thought it would be really good not to allow couples or women to have more than two kids… Letting you have more if you agree to pay more taxes.
Liberty is the best, but sometimes if you give to much liberty things get out of hand.
So, although I think China is to structured, I really feel it’s a starting point, and that with some exceptions more countrys should follow.

Sunny

Posted at 12:06 PM on October 5, 2013

Are you completely insane?
She knew the law for sure but it only punishes by forcing parents of more than one child to pay more taxes. That is NOT an excuse for killing a child against the wish of the mother !!!
And i think if she was in such a late phase of her pregnancy she may have thought about a solution for paying the extra taxes, otherwise she would have had an early abortion which is really cheap if not for free in china.
And you can not simply apply the situation in your country to all over the world,
in in my country we have a huge decline in the birth rate,
because women are encouraged to not get babies an ruin their careers, although the money for child support is really high.

Paolunchi

Posted at 3:57 PM on October 5, 2013

I didn’t agree with the abortion they forced on her at all, I just don’t believe that this is the first time this happens, and I also don’t think that if she could pay the corresponding taxes they would do this to her.
I am a woman too, and I always knew that if I get pregnant abortion is NOT an option for me… So me and my boyfriend are carefull, and after seven years we never had any problem at all. And I really know that sometimes you do everything right and “accidents” happen (and I say “accident” because I know that a son/daughter is nothing but a blessing)…. But talking with patients so much I know that most non planned pregnancys are no accident and just happen because of carelessness.

I don’t agree with the abortion, just halfway with the one child law.

Gone with the wind!

Posted at 1:33 PM on October 5, 2013

Why don’t they force sterilization after the first baby then?
They could even force them to put the child up for adoption, rather then kill it.
They tell people only one child so they should put other things in place to enforce a rule rather then kill a child that is already on it’s way.
Accidents happen all the time where birth control is concerned.
They need a better system then the one they have.

Sunday

Posted at 3:03 AM on October 5, 2013

I don’t get it. How could they do that? It’s against human rights

Mrs. wright

Posted at 7:52 PM on October 4, 2013

This is wrong. In the U.S. This in humane practice would not be allowed. There are so many tragic cases of clear violations on individuals human rights throughout the world. This should not be tolerated in any country, but the sad fact is that it does. There needs to be some sort of action taken against the officials who violated the law and the terminated the life of a child. God bless this poor family and we should all pray for them. TRAGIC and WRONG.

Gone with the wind!

Posted at 7:50 PM on October 4, 2013

This is a some sick $–T!

Mondy uk

Posted at 6:14 PM on October 4, 2013

this is totally wrong for something to happen like this. the married couple should move somewhere else

esme

Posted at 5:28 PM on October 4, 2013

I thought that the policy was not enforced if the person was going to have twins this is so stupid

karen

Posted at 4:33 PM on October 4, 2013

That’s a crime against humanity! this story sure is one of many….China is not a deomocratic country but they are being seen as a model of development and one of the world’s biggest economies and nobody seems to notice the abuse chinese peolple suffer everyday. China is not model of anything! Poor mother! I’ll pray for her, her husband and the soul of this poor baby

smh

Posted at 3:46 PM on October 4, 2013

This absolutely breaks my heart to hear this story of violation of a woman’s right this has to stop I’m appalled god bless her and her family rip to her little one

robin

Posted at 3:15 PM on October 4, 2013

that is absolutely a violation of her body. i don’t give a damn about their state policy that is murder no matter how you look at it. what ever god they pray to they better hope he will forgive them. as for the mother i feel sorry for you and i would leave there as soon as possible.