Jennifer Lawrence On Being Called ‘Fat’ As A ‘Little Girl’ — It ‘Hurt’ Me

Thu, October 3, 2013 2:52pm EDT by 20 Comments

The Oscar-winning actress opened up about being told that she needed to lose weight if she didn’t want to get fired. She also admits she was told to tone it down at the Oscars — can you believe it? We love a girl that is confident in her own skin!

Jennifer Lawrence looked nothing short of amazing as she graced the cover Harper’s Bazaar UK, where the 23-year-old starlet poses in haute couture from the likes of Dior, Valentino, Alexis Mabille and Christian Lacroix. Inside the mag, she opens up about being called ‘fat’ and admits that potato chips actually motivate her!

Jennifer Lawrence On Being Told She Was Fat:

In the mag, Jennifer talks about how she was a young girl that was ridiculed for her weight. “I was young. It was just the kind of shit that actresses have to go through. Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn’t lose a certain amount of weight. They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet. It was just that. They thought that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn’t still hurt me. That somehow, after I won an Oscar, I’m above it all. I was a little girl. I was hurt. It doesn’t matter what accolades you get. I know it’ll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet’, I’m like, “You can go fuck yourself.'” Confidence is everything-we couldn’t agree more!

Jennifer Lawrence On Being Told To Tone It Down:

Jennifer clearly exudes confidence, even though sometimes she might feel uncomfortable. There was one person in particular that called her and told her to tone it down at the Oscars. Luckily the beauty was able to speak up for herself. “I’m not doing it on purpose, I’m uncomfortable and when people get uncomfortable they resort to their shit. I make awkward jokes and stutter. That was actually a moment when I really wanted it to be special. That was not the time I wanted to be the Down-home Girl. I wanted to be graceful”, she tells the mag. Everyone has their times when they get uncomfortable and we love how honest she is — don’t you?

Jennifer On Being Motivated By Potato Chips:

We all have guilty pleasures and the starlet opened up about hers while on set. It’s normally crisps. My bodyguard Gilbert, right before they call “action”, I’m like, “If there aren’t Cheez-Its here by the time they call “cut”, just go home.” And he’ll start running. It cracks me up how seriously he takes it …. It’s not my performance that is motivating me. I want to get the on-set catering.”

Jennifer On Being Blind To Passive Hostility:

She also spilled on passive hostility. ‘I’m totally blind to it. Somebody could be totally hostile and I’m like, ‘Great! See you later!’ It’s not until someone is blatant that I notice, ‘Wow, you hate me.’’

Jennifer On Turning Down Modeling Contracts:

Jennifer is without a doubt a gorgeous girl, so it’s no surprise that she was offered modeling contracts. ‘I was offered a number of modeling contracts but I turned them down. I was like, ‘Actually, I think I’m going to be an actor’. That was an incredibly dumb thing to do at 14 but was probably the one time when my self-assuredness paid off.’ For more on Jennifer make sure you pick up the magazine when it hits shelves in November!

– Tatayana Yomary

More [Jennifer Lawrence] News:

1. Jennifer Lawrence Shows Some Skin At Christian Dior Fashion Show
  2. Jennifer Lawrence’s ‘Vogue’ Cover: See Her Amazing Fall Spread
  3. Rebecca Taylor Spring 2014: Perfect for Jennifer Lawrence & Blake Lively

tatayanayomary

Posted at 8:36 PM on January 17, 2014

Reblogged this on GradGirl Chronicles.

Leah

Posted at 5:11 PM on October 4, 2013

I wish I had Jennifer Lawrence’s body. Not at all fat, but not too skinny. She’s beautiful!

Matt

Posted at 5:14 PM on October 4, 2013

I wish I had Jennifer’s body too! Probably not the same way you wish you had her body, but I do!

Carol

Posted at 5:09 PM on October 4, 2013

Nothing but love for you Jennifer! You’re perfect just the way you are!

kianakianna403 (@kianakianna403)

Posted at 2:17 PM on October 4, 2013

my friend’s sister-in-law makes $78 an hour on the internet. She has been fired for 8 months but last month her check was $14025 just working on the internet for a few hours. their explanation…….… max68.ℭOM

Sophie

Posted at 10:30 AM on October 4, 2013

Go Jennifer! Haters gonna hate anyways.

Michael

Posted at 4:15 PM on October 3, 2013

Down to earth, gorgeous, sexy and beautiful, very feminine yet clearly a tomboy, and a wonderful actress. What more could one ask from their idol! Jennifer Lawrence is amazing!

Andi

Posted at 4:13 PM on October 3, 2013

She’s amazing! Seriously, Jennifer can’t do any wrong! She is beautiful inside and out!

Chloe

Posted at 4:11 PM on October 3, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence my favorite actress! I love how down to earth she is and that she doesn’t take any crap from anyone.

John

Posted at 4:09 PM on October 3, 2013

Jennifer is a hottie! Her weight is perfect. Not too skinny and no where near fat! Perfection!

Matt

Posted at 4:05 PM on October 3, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence is my type of woman. She’s beautiful and sexy and that makes her gorgeous!

Jo

Posted at 4:02 PM on October 3, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence is perfect just the way she is. Love her!

guest23

Posted at 3:52 PM on October 3, 2013

she needs to stop talking about her weight in virtually every interview she does as its getting annoying

Jo

Posted at 4:01 PM on October 3, 2013

Please stop being a hater. Jennifer can talk about whatever she wants and what she said was very inspiring to people who are dealing with weight issues.

guest23

Posted at 5:13 PM on October 3, 2013

I ain’t hating on her, just speaking the truth. Constantly talking about her weight does not make her inspiring.

Tami

Posted at 4:17 PM on October 3, 2013

Please stop hating on my girl! Jennifer’s amazing!

Carol

Posted at 5:06 PM on October 4, 2013

Somebody’s a jealous hater. Jennifer is perfect. Please go back to your queen Kristen Stewart pages and don’t deny it I know you’re one of her fans because only Kristen fans dislike Jennifer. The rest of the world loves her.

Vikii

Posted at 6:53 PM on October 11, 2013

she is not the one that brings up the “weight conversation” they ask her and she replies!

Anonymous

Posted at 3:42 PM on October 3, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence fat? Ridiculous. She looks amazing! Would love to have a body like hers!

msaliamma

Posted at 3:06 PM on October 3, 2013

Reblogged this on Short stories.