‘The X Factor’ Recap: Lillie McCloud, 54, Stuns Judges With Presence

Wed, October 2, 2013 11:18pm EDT by 25 Comments
X Factor Season 3
Courtesy of Fox

GLanda bowen

Posted at 9:47 PM on October 29, 2013

THIS YEAR’S JUDGES SEEM…. RACIST!!! Ummhumm I SAID IT… DEMI !!! NEITHER ONE you chose CAN SING,OOPS,MAYBE FOLK SONGS,BUT EVERYBODY KNOW IN THE GOOD OLE USA THIS CRAP IS ON FOX,SO WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE,OH YEA THEY SAID LETS KEEP LILY SO MAYBE THEY WANT PICK UP ON THE RACISIM THIS SHOW &TV STATION REALLY PORTRAYS NEXT WEEL LILY GETS THE AXE.EVERYBODY IN THEIR “RIGHT” Knew ASHLY WILLIAMS COULD NOT SING THAT GIRL COULD BLOW,BUT LIKE I SAID THIS SHOW VIES ON RACISIM,LAST YEAR,WINNER WAS BLACKTHEY COULDNT HIDE OR PLAY HER TALENT OFF. & SIMON & others going to court for this crap,THIS VIEWER HAS WATCHED THE LAST OF THIS @#*+…. ): BUH-BYE!

Nelda Criswell

Posted at 2:57 AM on October 6, 2013

Just watched my DVR listing of this past Wednesday’s X Factor. Hands down, Lillie McCloud was by far the most talented singer. She has my prayer already to win this season’s X Factor!! Her two performances thus far have moved me to tears. What a powerhouse!

larry

Posted at 7:20 PM on October 4, 2013

simond wanted ashly gone so his group has a canch to win an he has group again not by canch demi does what simond says ashly was the best singer of any group an her going home smell like a simond set up everyone who liked ashly should email text an call fox an demand ashly back or they will not tune in to a crooked show i did

Anthony Walcott

Posted at 9:38 AM on October 4, 2013

After blowing away judges in both auditions, Ashly Williams was eliminated unbelievable. Reading about potential and 1st auditions promising talent etc.
There is not and has not been a better rendition(in any competition) than Ms. Williams’ cover of Whitney Houston’s “I will always love you” (see Simon’s comments), her 4 chair audition was amazing. Yet other contestants with lack-luster performances were kept. Its my take on what is before me as a viewer and its sad cause the same errors were made by the same judge last year.

susan eastman

Posted at 3:05 AM on October 5, 2013

i totally agree with you. She is a star in the making. poor choice by demi. I think she will regret it. Ashley was also a fan favorite as you hear the booing when demii sent her home. Her rendition of “I will always love you” will stay in my heart forever. the other contestants songs – never.

Cindy

Posted at 12:24 AM on October 4, 2013

Lillie is AMAZING !! She is surely a superstar. She brings tears to my eyes whenever she sing.

jane marsh

Posted at 12:08 AM on October 4, 2013

I think the format of this show is dehumanizing. It is like watching a gladiator scene in which the audience decides who will live or die. Not only do the contestants have to go through the anxiety of getting a “chair”, but then they are subjected to losing it while the audience shouts out derision for some. Why not let all of them sing, and THEN choose the top four?? Very insulting and horrific format.

Barb

Posted at 12:05 AM on October 4, 2013

Demi lovato is not a judge she sent the talented people home, last year Simon made a mistake and brought the girl back and she won.simon please step in and help demo out .

Al

Posted at 11:56 PM on October 3, 2013

I think Demi blew it tonight. Each year xfactor has a blunder right about at this time in the season. Sending home a talented female singer. And this time Demi executed the xfactor curse and made some poor choices. She almost took out three powerhouse singers. And Simon stepped in at the end to keep Ellona. Ashley and Simone should not have gone home. And we will see if Simon has given up with fixing the Diva attacks that mysteriously appear when the female celebrities are threatened by a young powerhouse girl singer. I think Kelly called her picks wisely. She looked like she truly thought out who her top singers were. My final over 25 choices were the same as Kelly. As for Demi, I love her personality and I think Simon does too. But her picker, was out of Wack. Have to admit, she was a bit off last season too, keeping the girl with the cheeta print on her face. The girls category looked very promising before Demi got her Hands on it.

Lisa Tag

Posted at 10:13 PM on October 3, 2013

Do not like new format at all. The contestants need some direction from the judges. The contestants last time were much better. Perhaps because they had input from the mentors. So far most every contestant has underwhelmed me with either weird versions of the song or the wrong song for their voice. Also it should be a competition to find the best performer. Some of the younger girls sent home are much much better than the over 25s that are going to the live shows. Used to really like this show. Now I’m not sure…

raj

Posted at 3:51 PM on October 3, 2013

Rachel should have been sent home! She blew it! x factor is getting on my nerves already!
if the audience is not pulling for you there, common sense should tell you,eople are NOT going to
vote for you! Lori should have stayed, Rachel would have been gone!

Sarah Wolfe

Posted at 4:49 PM on October 3, 2013

I love Rachel Potter. She is better than what she showed last night. I think she will do better next round.. Just give he

Sarah Wolfe

Posted at 4:52 PM on October 3, 2013

i love Rachel Potter. She is better than what she showed last night. I think she will do better next round.. Just give her a chance

Beverly

Posted at 10:02 PM on October 3, 2013

That’s why they got rid of bootcamp, it’s not about tomorrow, it is about now, what she did last night, and she bummmmed out

Beverly

Posted at 9:56 PM on October 3, 2013

Yep, I agree. I was upset, Rachel was real off and Lori was awesome, something wrong with that pic. LOL

sean

Posted at 3:30 PM on October 3, 2013

I think they should take Demi Lovato off the show as a judge she is boring as hell.

Beverly

Posted at 9:59 PM on October 3, 2013

I like her, she’s sincere

vbmvbmrti569

Posted at 9:20 AM on October 3, 2013

bn

Toya

Posted at 8:27 AM on October 3, 2013

well duh she did good anyone that has sang with Stevie wonder and Michael Jackson should do good she’s not new to this yes she has the voice of an angel but Lillie is just her stage name her real name is Nicole McCloud

raj

Posted at 3:55 PM on October 3, 2013

you are so right! it’s not fair to the others. i call that singing professionally!
yes, she’s good! but it’s not fair.

Beverly

Posted at 9:57 PM on October 3, 2013

So wuts new Doc?

jess

Posted at 5:28 AM on October 3, 2013

I enjoyed this show a lot but I thought Rachel should have been sent home as well.

Monieka

Posted at 4:22 AM on October 3, 2013

Kelly should have sent Rachel home…. I dnt care about hervocals… She did nit deliver

GQ Knowles (@GQue242)

Posted at 11:28 PM on October 2, 2013

I think Kelly made very smart choices!!! Rachel wasn’t good tonight..but she has insane vocals..just watch her audition…I think Kelly’s team will go far

Michelle

Posted at 11:11 PM on October 3, 2013

So happy at end of show tonight. This is America. Speak English, Sing English.