Ariana Grande’s Beau Nathan Sykes Crushing On ‘Perfect’ Selena Gomez?

Tue, October 1, 2013 9:41am EDT by 42 Comments
Nathan Sykes Selena Gomez
Nathan Sykes Selena Gomez

Nathan Sykes was officially off the market on Sept. 24, when both he and Ariana took to Twitter to confirm their love. So why exactly is he calling Selena Gomez ‘perfect’?

Nathan Sykes and Ariana Grande have perfect chemistry, in music videos and behind-the-scenes. They’re officially a couple now, so it’s a little strange that he’s calling another girl — namely Selena Gomez “perfect” in an interview, and even admitting that he’s always crushed on her!

Nathan Sykes — Did He Want To Date Selena Gomez?

In an interview with We Love Pop – which was conducted before Nathan and Ariana made their relationship Twitter-official — Nathan was asked about the girls in his life, and asked why he’s so silent about it.

“Now this is why I’m so jealous of Max!” he said of his bandmate Max George. “He follows someone on Twitter, then he is in the tabloids saying he is in a relationship. I started following the Selena Gomez and nothing. Where is my relationship?!”

Naturally, the interviewer followed up with a question about the possibility of a romance between the The Wanted star and Selena.

Nathan Admits: I Always Liked Selena, But Justin Would Kill Me

“To be honest, I always liked Selena, but I really did not want to go that side because Justin would kill me!” Nathan said, referring to Justin Bieber, who he went on tour with along with the band. “I would probably receive a call from [our manager] Scooter telling me to stay away! But she is splendid. She is perfect.”

Now that is hilarious.

Nathan went on to explain that he saw Selena and the Biebs at a Justin Timberlake concert and his “jaw just dropped.”

“I must have looked like a complete idiot,” he told the mag. “My friends were like, ‘Just say hi,’ but I could not even talk to her! . . . But that’s how I am, I’m very, very nervous around girls that I really like. I need to improve my game. To be honest, I’m garbage anyway, I would be a terrible boyfriend.”

Well, we hope not! He and Ariana are perfect together — but do you think she will be mad about the interview, even though it was prior to making their big relationship announcement? Let us know!

WATCH: Ariana Grande Says She Was Attacked By A Demon

– Emily Longeretta

More Ariana Grande News:

1. Ariana Grande Dresses Up As A School Girl, Just Like Britney Spears
  2. Ariana Grande Supports BFF Jennette McCurdy After Mother’s Death
  3. Ariana Grande’s Lustrous Locks — Get Her Girly Look

takyracox

Posted at 10:06 PM on February 10, 2014

i love u Justin bieber because he sexy to me

nikiy

Posted at 3:26 AM on January 13, 2014

stop bashing he just had a crush on her its not like they are doing sth really bad and in my opinion selena is sooooo perfect that every guy is dying to date her but i prefer jelena.so stfu

justsaying

Posted at 5:04 AM on October 7, 2013

Why is everybody talking about Selena and Justin? I would like to spare a thought for Ariana! You know how a girl gets! She would obviously feel upset or jealous though because all girls would feel like that. As a metter of fact, myself too! Nathan I think you shouldn’t talk about your old crushes when you have a LOVELY and BEAUTFUL (just saying shes really pretty) girlfriend!

Belieber4eva

Posted at 4:44 AM on October 2, 2013

I’m tired of everybody always thinking selena is innocent in my own oppinion miley is way better because she doesn’t et a boyfriend and use him for fame!When Jonas Brothers where famouse selena dated Nick Jonas. When Twilight was big she dated Taylor Lautner. Then she dated Justin when he was famous and Justin was famous for a long time!! And did you notice that when Stars Dance was about toi come out that was when there where rumors they where together? Or maybe they where together and took a picture together but I don’t remember. Slow Down, Colme and Get it, and Love you like a love song are cool songs but Slow Down is kind of weird its like she’s singing about *** in that one. And in the come and get it she repeats and repeats the sme thing same with the other song I listed there. Ok thx for reading and so sorry for mistakes I’m using my phone <3

Vera

Posted at 12:27 PM on October 2, 2013

Beliber4eva, if she was dating him for famous why she left him,he is still famous!! No because he cheated on her!! And I know her years before know him like a lot of people!! About her songs for which you speaks…..what??! What about Lolly?! Or wait for minuets?! Stop jealous and don’t blame her for nothing!! I know you the Belibers have dreams with him but how you don’t realise till now you’re only and just fans who pay to him to be rich!! No more!! You’re so in love with him and this is so funny for the people with open eyes!!:))))

Emily

Posted at 1:52 PM on October 3, 2013

I totally agree with you. She even hung out with Lily Collins when The Mortal Instruments movie was coming out. She wasn’t as popular as she is no before Justin. People knew of her because she was a disney star, but now the world knows of her because she was Justin’s girlfriend or ex-girlfriend. She does seem to use people to her advantage. She’s not a good singer live. She actually sounds horrible, but she’s pretty.

selenanator11

Posted at 9:35 AM on October 4, 2013

SHE DIDN’T USE HIM IT’S SELENA SHE WOULDN’T DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT WE ALL NO SELENA TOO WELL TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Ella

Posted at 4:43 AM on October 7, 2013

You don’t know her at all. Everyone should just stop fighting over it unless we know the stars personally, because none of us know the full story do we? And even if they came out with a video or post explaining exactly what happened, it wouldn’t help our lives one bit. They broke up, end of story.

justsaying

Posted at 4:59 AM on October 7, 2013

Uh huh… But she only had 3 boyfriends in her life. And Justin Bieber is the hottest thing right now because of heartbreaker, if she was using him for fame why wouldnt she go back with him now? And people asked him about her at M&GS they all replied the same thing that they were close friends and hoped to see each other soon.

luchiano

Posted at 10:23 PM on October 1, 2013

Did anyone know when the interview took place anyway I still have hope in Jelena

eric

Posted at 7:29 PM on October 1, 2013

vera justin met lot of girls
selena also
meet guys
but they love each other can not deny
when they are together they forget all evil
and are happy together
is so beautiful to see them together
I still believe in JELENA
JELENA IS LIFE

Vera

Posted at 4:00 AM on October 2, 2013

Eric the way he met girls is very different from the way she met guys!! You know what I mean!! I just want to tell my view of things between them!! ( they’re not together) I’m sure.

selenanator11

Posted at 9:58 AM on October 4, 2013

I TOTALLY AGGRE WITH YOU JELENA ROCKS JENA FOREVER AND I ALSO BELIVE THAT JELNA WILL BE TOGETHER ONE DAY!!

anon

Posted at 4:49 AM on October 7, 2013

I love them both, but I think it’s silly that so many people won’t get over the fact that they broke up. It’s normal for young couples to break up, not all relationships last forever, no matter how ‘cute’ they are. They may have been a great looking and cute couple but were they happy? Obviously something bad happened to make them break up. If you’re a good fan you would respect Selena’s decision, what if she’s trying to be happy and move on because she’s hurt? I’m sure she’d rather have her selenators supporting her instead of being so caught up in the ‘Jelena’ craze.

Marla_Dennis12 (@Marla_Dennis12)

Posted at 7:22 PM on October 1, 2013

my roomate’s mother makes $63/hr on the computer. She has been unemployed for six months but last month her check was $15936 just working on the computer for a few hours. website here….

ℬ­u­z­z­5­4.ℭ­o­m

Vicky Ruiz

Posted at 6:57 PM on October 1, 2013

He saw Jelena OMFG JELENA IS TOGETHER!!!!!!!

ivan

Posted at 5:39 PM on October 1, 2013

If you believe every story about Selena and Justin you will go insane. These stories contradict each other. The most probable thing is that they are no longer dating; it is over. Eventually, you will see them date others. The storybook romance has seen it’s last chapter-THE END. Of couse there is always the possibility I am wrong and suddenly there they are together again. At that point, I will reach for my bottle of scotch.

aa

Posted at 5:01 PM on October 1, 2013

That’s an old interview. He wasn’t dating Ariana yet.

chris

Posted at 5:19 AM on October 3, 2013

naah not old , it was a 1 month ago !!

Vera

Posted at 3:55 PM on October 1, 2013

Selena not dating Justin!! She told us she is single! If she is with him this is very bad for her because how somebody or he will explain to me all his flirting with another girls all waitress and his Holliday with this Jacque Im not sure for her name .its not sounds good!!!! For this Im sure Selena is not with him.yes they’re see each other sometimes but that doesn’t meant they’re back together or they never broke up!! If she is still with him when they asked her ( are you single?) she will not give answer but she very clear told the press I’m a single!!! And if she is start dating someone like Nathan he will kill him because he still love her!! Last proof for his love was her birthday!!! But was his mistakes ,his cheating his flirting everything comes from him!! He was stupid enough to loose girl like Selena!!

Sel

Posted at 4:37 PM on October 1, 2013

Get it through your head; you’re single until you’re married. Word games with the media!! They should have asked: are you in a “relationship”!

Andy

Posted at 9:08 PM on October 1, 2013

Wow! You have nothing better to do with your life than to go through celebrity (I use that term loosely for these people) interviews and try to analyze everything they say?

Sel

Posted at 12:27 PM on October 2, 2013

@ Andy! That’s right Andy, just like you, I have nothing better to do with my life on this planet but using up time.

Alanna (@alannaburnett)

Posted at 3:22 PM on October 1, 2013

-Justin Bieber
-One Direction
-George Shelley
-Nathan Skyes
is the any celeb who doesn’t have a crush on her

crystal

Posted at 7:02 PM on October 1, 2013

a lot

justsaying

Posted at 5:01 AM on October 7, 2013

urhhh actually even more
– IM5
-Dylan O Brien
LOL

rb

Posted at 2:33 PM on October 1, 2013

I don’t know how to put this in perspective, but we have these articles that theirs proof of something’s going on between Justin & Selena:
• Sep 27, 2013 Selena shows off henna tattoo on her foot with a single rose.
• Sep 30, 2013 Taylor article about deal-breakers and natural chemistry: I’ve seen my friends take someone back after they’ve cheated because they fit perfectly.
• Oct 1, 2013 Nathan Sykes interview: Nathan Admits: I Always Liked Selena, But Justin Would Kill Me.

KALANI

Posted at 2:27 PM on October 1, 2013

I DON’T THINK SO. ARIANA AND JUSTIN ARE FRIENDS. BESIDES ISN’T JUSTIN FRIENDS WITH THE ONE DIRECTION. AND THE WANTED. SINCE HE DID HAVE THEM AT HIS HOUSE.

rb

Posted at 2:16 PM on October 1, 2013

Justin may still want to kick his a**. “SCHTUM”!!

Posted at 12:08 PM on October 1, 2013

Selena and justin are dating

KALANI

Posted at 1:53 PM on October 2, 2013

NO THERE NOT. I WOULD HOPE THERE FRIENDS. I LOVE JUSITN.

Amanda

Posted at 12:00 PM on October 1, 2013

Ok Selena isn’t dating Justin anymore so get over it people Selena is single she said it her self so stop saying Selena and Justin are still together cause its not true! I love you Selena so much!

Acacia

Posted at 3:04 PM on October 1, 2013

She did say she was single, but remember when she said she’ll definitley keep things private the next time? And back in 2010, when they were datung and she kept denying it and called him her ‘little brother’? I’m nlt a Jelena fan nor shipper. But, I wouldn’t and I don’t trust what she says. Epspecially after all the lies she had said.

KALANI

Posted at 1:54 PM on October 2, 2013

I WOULD HOPE JELENA ARE FRIENDS. AND THAT THEY ALWAYS STAY FRIENDS.

Acacia

Posted at 3:05 PM on October 1, 2013

She did say she was single, but remember when she said she’ll definitley keep things private the next time? And back in 2010, when they were dating and she kept denying it and called him her ‘little brother’? I’m not a Jelena fan nor shipper. But, I wouldn’t and I don’t trust what she says. Epspecially after all the lies she had said.

Acacia

Posted at 3:07 PM on October 1, 2013

She did say she was single, but remember when she said she’ll definitley keep things private the next time? And back in 2010, when they were dating and she kept denying it and called him her ‘little brother’? I’m not a Jelena fan nor shipper. But, I wouldn’t and I don’t trust what she says. Especially after all the lies she had said.

writeyourheartlr

Posted at 11:40 AM on October 1, 2013

Reblogged this on writeyourheartlr.

crystal

Posted at 11:01 AM on October 1, 2013

Omg seriously there are already trying to pick faults out of him can’t he be nice

Posted at 10:49 AM on October 1, 2013

Exactly he can’t date selena because selena is dating justin and that is why justin would kill Nathan

selenanator11

Posted at 10:03 AM on October 4, 2013

FOR THE LAST TIME HE IS NOT DATING SELENA THEY ARE OVER BUT JUSTIN STILL LOVES SELENA SO THEY MAY BE STILL HOPE FOR JELENA TO GET BACKTOGHTHER DON’T GIVE UP YET

selenas hotter then ariana

Posted at 10:29 AM on October 1, 2013

i love this article ariana takes a pic with justin and her new boyfriend has a mega crush on selena o how this is one article that i love hahaha go selena

vibsi