Richard Gere & His Wife Carey Lowell To Divorce After 11 Years Of Marriage

Wed, September 25, 2013 7:30am EST by 10 Comments
Jason Merritt/Entertainment/Getty Images

The actor and his wife are separated and planning to divorce, according to a shocking report. The couple, who have not been photographed together in almost a year, are said to have ‘drifted’ apart.

Richard Gere and his wife Carey Lowell are calling reportedly calling it quits. Richard, 64, and Carey, 52, have a 13-year-old son together, Homer, and they were together for seven years before they tied-the-knot, so this definitely comes as a shock!

Richard Gere & Wife Carey Lowell Filing For Divorce?

Richard and Carey, a former Bond girl, married in a secret ceremony in November of 2002. At the time he said that she “changed my life” and that marriage doesn’t have meaning unless you “do it from your heart.”

People is reporting that they have indeed split and the source adds: “They’ll do everything possible to keep things amicable and put their child first.”

But despite the fact that they had seven years of dating under their belt, and now 11 years of marriage, they are reportedly throwing in the towel.

The split is attributed to their very different lifestyles, according to Page Six. Richard, a practicing Buddhist, reportedly likes a quiet life, while his wife enjoys “socializing with other bigwigs.”

“They have a place in Bedford [NY], and he likes it because it’s quiet and he likes the solitude,” the source tells Page Six. “She likes being in North Haven in the limelight. They live next door to Jimmy Buffett and his family, and they’re good friends.”

Richard, who was married to supermodel Cindy Crawford from 1991-1995, is reportedly worth upwards of 45 million dollars. Both Richard and Carey, if they do officially divorce, will definitely have to sort out their pricey real estate. Together they have a 12,000 square-foot home, that is said to be worth 65 million dollars.

Richard and Carey have reportedly not been photographed together since his Arbitrage premiere in August of 2012.

When Richard and Carey married, he spoke out and said: “It’s time to tell the world that I am happier, more open and relaxed than I have ever been in my life. I asked her to marry me three years ago, but we have only just got around to doing it.”

The Golden Globe winner, who is headed to Philadelphia next month to start work on his upcoming flick Franny, first hit superstardom in the hit film American Gigolo in 1980. But in case you didn’t see that, you’ve most likely seen him in famous classics like An Officer and a Gentleman, Pretty Woman, Final Analysis, Runaway Bride and of course, Unfaithful.

WATCH: Richard Gere In ‘Pretty Woman’

– Chloe Melas

More Divorce News:

1. George Zimmerman Tries To Explain Why He Shot Trayvon Martin, 17
  2. Trayvon Martin’s Mom Furious Over George Zimmerman’s ‘It Was God’s Plan’ Apology
  3. George Zimmerman’s First Words Of Apology For Trayvon Martin Shooting

boom beach hack ios

Posted at 1:50 AM on October 5, 2014

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after reading through some of the post
I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be
bookmarking and checking back often!

Patty

Posted at 8:23 PM on April 21, 2014

@gbtw..I don’t know about Carey Lowell..But think we are on the same page when it comes to Richard Gere :)

Hanneleen Mostert

Posted at 2:43 PM on March 9, 2014

Richard Gere, I am a woman from Namibia – my name is Hanneleen – please send me a rose ! I adore you – are you real ??????

Milica from Serbia

Posted at 1:23 PM on January 20, 2014

Divorced him because I’ll be the third wife….

catherine dunbar

Posted at 2:48 AM on November 6, 2013

Every time I watch the movie Pretty Woman I just think that Richard Gere is so hot ! I am almost 70 years old and this very handsome man is the only man that could turn me on. Even at 62 he is still WOW !

gbtw

Posted at 6:43 PM on September 25, 2013

did they both come out of the closet, finally? (hehe… couldn’t resist.)

wedding rentals

Posted at 1:36 PM on September 25, 2013

Everything has a beginning and an end, I think it came time to step aside. the question is that does not affect their working lives and give us good performances in their new films.

bjsmith

Posted at 11:16 AM on September 25, 2013

Richard Gere is so self absorbed this news does not surprise me. He still thinks he is 21. I have watched him in interviews and he definitely thinks of himself superior to anyone else in the room. His sense of humor sucks. After saying all that. I like his movies from yesteryear. He is quite a good actor. I think I have watched all his movies and will continue. I just dont want to know anything about his personal life.

cvncvnrtutru568

Posted at 9:27 AM on September 25, 2013

Interested in interracial dating and finding true romance?==== MīxedLuv.com ===is dedicated to helping singles build relationships with those who share common attraction and similar interest. If you think black and white is a beautiful combinations our site is for you. This is a serious Interracial dating services and mixed race dating site dedicated to those seeking real love. For black men dating white women,white men looking for black women. xcbxcb

leone