‘Dexter’ Series Finale: Dexter Finally Pays For His Sins

Sun, September 22, 2013 11:10pm EST by 56 Comments
Dexter Series FInale
Courtesy of Showtime

Lynne

Posted at 11:29 AM on November 11, 2013

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I’m just now catching up on my Dexter episodes. Was the name of the hurricane in the finale, “Laura” named on purpose because of Dexter’s mother, Laura Moser?

Ari

Posted at 1:59 AM on November 8, 2013

Dexter is one of the greatest tv show I’ve ever watched. It never got dulled and I watched it from the very first episode till the end. Honestly the ending isn’t that bad, in fact it’s really great way to end the series. Oh yeah you guys forgot to mention the last scene on this review! We saw the beard version of Dexter and he somehow survived that hurricane and chose to exile himself away in Oregon (?) (the logging site).

Barry Russ

Posted at 8:24 AM on November 8, 2013

I kind of agree with some of the comments I have seen as to why did he have to pay for his sins? he saved countless lives by getting rid of the killers that he executed. Of course killing anyone is still against the law, I would have liked the ending more if he would have been allowed to join Hannah and Harrison. The writers could take a lesson from the great Alfred Hitchcock as he often allow the apparent villians to get away with it!! Also, killing Deb was a big mistake, in my opinion, if they are going to ever do a spin off as she was as necessary to the show as Dexter!!

Anaya

Posted at 11:55 PM on September 24, 2013

Think Dexter was the best show ever
never did it get boring
the way they they left it was so great
Dexter cant be who he is with his Debra
he needed her to know and to feel being normal.

As in flash backs of when Harrison being born
She made it okay for Dexter to feel

I wish Dexter never ended
All great things must

I will most likley cancell my show time
Dexter was the reason I had it.

rob

Posted at 4:46 PM on September 24, 2013

Why sould he pays fo his sin? Why should te viewers all of a sudden have to take a leason in morals because fo the last 8 years we learned to car3e for a killer that strictly killed the worst human beings if you can even call them human. But that’s the way the finale feels. I do not ned a morale lessen from the same people that gave me this show. I enjoyed it while it lasted, and know it couldnt end well for everyone. But it did not need to be just a bad end for all. So I think as. Fan I feel I’m being punished for this guilty pleasure.