3-Year-Old Boy Among 13 Injured In Shooting At Chicago Park

Fri, September 20, 2013 12:27pm EST by 12 Comments
Chicago Park Shooting
Courtesy of Twitter

So scary! 13 were injured in a terrible basketball court shooting in Chicago on Sept. 19 — including a 3-year-old boy who was shot in the head. All victims are recovering from their wounds.

3-year-old Deonta Howard was shot in the head during terrible violence in Chicago’s South Side. 12 others were injured by a gunman while playing near the basketball court on Sept. 19, including three teens and several young adults.

Chicago Park Shooting — 3-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head, 12 Others Injured

A toddler is in the hospital listed in critical condition following a tragic shooting. His condition has been stabilized and he will be undergoing plastic surgery on his face.

3-year-old Deonta’s grandmother, Semehca Nunn spoke out adamantly against this rising gun violence. “Y’all out here killing these innocent people, kids, parents, grandparents, mothers, fathers: It’s got to stop. You need to stop,” she said, reports CNN. “They said he is going to be OK,” she updated about the 3-year-old. “That’s what Grandma gave him, strong man, 3 years old, strong survivor.”

The other victims in the shooting were two 15-year-olds, a 17-year-old, and adults ranging in ages from 21 to 41, who all survived and are were listed in various conditions at the hospital.

City Of Chicago Speaks Out After Gun Violence

“Senseless and brazen acts of violence have no place in Chicago and betray all that we stand for,” said mayor’s office in an official statement. “The perpetrators of this crime will be brought to justice and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I encourage everyone in the community to step forward with any information and everyone in Chicago to continue their individual efforts to build stronger communities where violence has no place.”

Police “believe the shooting stemmed from an ongoing dispute between the Black P. Stones and Gangster Disciples. It was not known if any of the victims were intended targets,” a police source told The Chicago Tribune.

WATCH: 13 Injured In Chicago Park Shooting — CNN

– Kristine Hope Kowalski

More Terrible Shooting News:

1. Boy, 6, Dead After Being Shot In Head By Friend, 4, While Playing
  2. Girl, 4, Shot Dead As She Plays Inside Car Outside Her Grandfather’s Home
  3. Student, 14, Shot At Atlanta Middle School

loan

Posted at 3:47 AM on April 28, 2014

Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?

There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
Please let me know. Thanks

pinky

Posted at 10:07 AM on September 21, 2013

LOOK WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR INNOCENCE CHILDREN THEY ARE DYING ,DISFIGURED AND ABANDON BY PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO MORAL VALUE FOR LIFE.THEY ARE KILLING OUR FUTURE.

Victoria McGuire

Posted at 4:41 PM on September 20, 2013

What the hell are you doing out past 10pm in a park in a rough neighborhood, known for driveby shootings with a 3 year old and youngsters.

Gone with the wind!

Posted at 6:55 PM on September 20, 2013

@Victoria McGuire, Same thing I said.
I actually live in Chicago and I don’t! hang out anywhere but at home or out of town.
I come and I go.
My kids go to the playground in other neighborhoods because I got tired of disappointing them.
You go to the playground and it’s littered with needles,condoms,liquor bottles and other things. I take my kids and leave. We now go early to a suburban neighborhood.
It’s so sad but people just don’t care anymore.If I was able to work I would’ve moved somewhere else years ago.I send my kids to school, make sure their homework is done. We eat dinner together and they have a bath and are in bed by 9:30 on school nights.
Most low income parents don’t do this. Kids are showing up sleepy and the grades are in the toilet.
Too many teenage parents as well.
I’m moving in about a month though. I can’t stay here anymore.
My kids father came into some money from an inheritance. We are relocating to another state and a better life. Hopefully.
It’s sad though because there are some great things about Chicago, but the violence is over shadowing that.

pinky

Posted at 10:00 AM on September 21, 2013

THANK YOU. DAM THOSE CHICKEN MOTHERS CAN MISS NOTHING .10PM DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE.

STARS FRIEND

Posted at 3:53 PM on September 20, 2013

IT IS NOT A DEM OR REP THING, IT’S A GANG THING? No,it’s a RACE THING! WATCH THE SHOWS!

ivan

Posted at 2:49 PM on September 20, 2013

Chicago has laws against guns; how is that working out for you. Chicago has been under the Democrats for years like Detroit; why not give the other guy[a Republican or conservative, not the same thing] the chance to straighten things out?

DAMN!

Posted at 3:43 PM on September 20, 2013

@Ivan. if the republicans have all the answers, why don’t they stop pointing fingers and share their ideas?
It’s up to the people who becomes the leader,not a certain party.
You don’t have to be the leader or person in charge to change things.
If these damn cowardly shooters knew that people would tell on them, they would stop just shooting up crowds to get one person, That same person that’s shielding themselves with other people.They know people are out to kill them and they continue to hang out with groups of women,children and the elderly.
For this very reason,I don’t hang in parks. I go places early, I don’t go to house parties and my children are in bed by 9:00pm.
A lot of these children are outdoors at all times of the night when they should be in bed.
Doesn’t mean he should get shot because his parents aren’t very good parents.
I’ve seen kids talk about how they can roll a blunt but can’t read on the right level, or at all.
Things in Chicago won’t get better until the people stand up and start telling on these punks that are killing these precious babies.

a hogg

Posted at 1:10 PM on September 20, 2013

TRAGIC! When Chicago had good leadership with The Daley’s things were pretty good! But ever since they elected a WEAK FASCIST HACK—-Raum Emmanuel as Mayor, The City has become the most Dangerous City in the U.S. and has found it’s self in the toilet!

Start snitching!

Posted at 3:59 PM on September 20, 2013

@Hogg, Don’t try to put Chicago’s problems on Raum Emmanuel.
This crap started when Daley closed down most of the projects.
Some of those projects were on some land he wanted developed for people that had more money.
They claimed some of the new buildings would be for people to come back.
That hasn’t been the case at all.
He shut down the projects, where people knew who was bad and good.Where they had rules and everyone knew where they could and couldn’t go at certain times of the day or night.
These people are spread all over the city now. That is why we have more crime here.
They could’ve fixed up those buildings and kept them up. Now all those projects folks are in other neighborhoods trying to establish turf or whatever. This is where all the shootings are coming from.
Also when the people living in these neighborhoods start telling on these punks that are killing their children, that’s when things will start to turn around.

abe "The Full 100 Percent"

Posted at 12:42 PM on September 20, 2013

stop talking this gun law!!

pinky