Bullied Girl’s Twin Brother Asks Santa To Let Her Meet Big Time Rush

Fri, September 20, 2013 3:35pm EDT by 18 Comments
Big Time Rush Surprises Bullied Sister
Courtesy of Karen Suffern/Fameflynet

An 8-year-old’s sweet letter to Santa made it onto ‘GMA’ after he selflessly asked only to have the school bullies stop teasing his sister. Ryan asked Santa to give Amber a moment of happiness and let her meet her favorite band Big Time Rush. Read the letter that made it happen!

8-year-old Ryan Suffern wrote the most touching letter about his twin sister Amber. The girl struggles with her weight and is much bigger than Ryan, which is the source of vicious bullying at school. To make her happy, he only wanted her to be able to meet her favorite band, Big Time RushGet your tissues ready, and read Ryan’s caring letter to Santa right here — and find out the happy ending of his efforts!

8-Year-Old’s Letter To Santa Asks To Stop Twin Sister’s Bullying

Ryan & Amber’s mom, Karen Suffern asked to her kids to write their letters to Santa early so she could gauge what they will be wanting for Christmas, but she was absolutely shocked with what her son asked for. In an act of selflessness, Ryan asked Santa to spare his sister of the suffering she felt when she was taunted at school.

On GMA, Karen explained that she did not know the extent of her daughter’s bullying until she read her son’s letter. Since she also struggles with her weight, she identifies with her daughter. “I try to build up my daughter’s self-esteem and tell her she is beautiful,” she said. “But people say hurtful things to me, because I also have a weight problem, and that hurts me. I can’t imagine what she goes through.”

Ryan Suffern’s Letter To Santa

Ryan wrote the most endearing letter to Santa:

Dear Santa,

My mom said to send you [our] Christmas list. I wanted a remot[e] [control] can and helicopter [sic] but I don’t want that any mor[e] kid[s] at school are still picking on Amber and it]s not fair because she doesn’t do anything to them and it makes me mad. I prayed that they will stop but god is busy [sic] and needs your help. It it against the rules to give gift[s] early? Can you ask Big Time Rush to come to Amber’s B-day party? It will make her so happy. If you can’t get them to come but just get her everything she ask[s] for.

Thanks Santa.

Love Ryan

PS. My mom throw[s] the best B-Day partys [sic] you can come if you want.

Big Time Rush Surprises Bullied Girl On ‘GMA’

Because of Ryan’s sweetness, Amber was able to meet her idols — the guys of Big Time Rush! The girl’s jaw dropped when she got to meet the cute guys of the band on the set of Good Morning America. She is also set to be a VIP guest at the group’s next concert. How exciting!

The kids’ school is also taking efforts to make sure Amber is not bullied anymore.

Big Time Rush Will Perform At Nick’s Worldwide Day Of Play

The guys in Big Time Rush were so sweet to meet Amber and Ryan! They really care about kids — they are even performing at Nickelodeon’s Annual Worldwide Day Of Play in Brooklyn, New York on Sept. 21, which urges kids to turn off the TV and get outside and play. Find out more information about the event at Nick.com/play.

What do YOU think, HollyMoms? Do you think Ryan’s letter is just the sweetest?

WATCH: Boy’s Letter to Santa to Make Kids Stop Bullying his Twin Sister GMA

– Kristine Hope Kowalski

More Inspiring Kids News:

1. Talia Joy Castellano: You Inspired Millions In Your Short Life
  2. Lazaro Arbos, ‘American Idol’s’ Stuttering Contestant Is An Inspiration
  3. Talia Joy Castellano: Fans Fulfilling Her Bucket List After Tragic Death

Melissa Marie Malone

Posted at 10:38 PM on October 24, 2013

awwwwwwwwwwwwww that is so beautiful

raeaaaa

Posted at 12:19 PM on September 23, 2013

I think its Fake….Christmas letters in August???? I think the mommy wanted to go viral and get attention praise or presents for her kids. that letter was not written or worded like an 8 year old at all. I smell some coaching

Christopher F Cheney

Posted at 3:01 PM on December 24, 2013

If you read the letter he ask Santa for big time rush to play for her sister b-day.

Paige

Posted at 9:56 AM on January 3, 2014

There was editing done to make the letter legible. The original, handwritten letter is very much one of an intelligent 8-year-old who is capable of at least knowing not to capitalize “Fake” in the middle of sentence, and to use commas between “attention”, “praise”, and “or presents”. Has your writing changed much since you were 8? Obviously not.

Kayla

Posted at 3:50 PM on September 22, 2013

This shows how messed up our world is Big Time rush are so nice to visit her one direction refused to visit a girl with cancer because they wouldnt pay enough this left me and my mom in tears stop the bullying!!!

Chkan

Posted at 12:17 AM on September 22, 2013

I cried. That was absolutely incredible.

STARS FRIEND

Posted at 6:31 PM on September 21, 2013

That was BEAUIFUL! You “SICK F*CKS” out there, there are MEDICAL REASONS FOR THINGS! He is her twin. Come from the same up bringinging. EAT THE SAME FOOD! ARE YOU JUST STUPID? Just a thyroyd problem can cause weight issues. IGNORANT F*CKIN PEOPLE! I think these people are WONDERFUL!

G

Posted at 8:44 AM on September 21, 2013

wahhh it made me cry… very touching…
STOP BULLYING!

Vanessa

Posted at 5:39 AM on September 21, 2013

heart touchining..that make me cry..
…No one should be bullied..
STOP BULLING IT’S WRONG!!

Lel

Posted at 11:42 PM on September 20, 2013

Why don’t we address the reason for it? She is fat and that is a form of child abuse! She needs a structured eating plan!

Janice

Posted at 9:23 AM on September 21, 2013

I agree. Her obesity could cause health issues and affect her self esteem throughout life. Both she and Mom need help with weight loss

pinky

Posted at 9:57 AM on September 21, 2013

I AGREE. MOM YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT IN ORDER FOR YOUR DAUGHTER TO BE OK . IF NOT YOUR SON WILL BE FIGHTING HER BATTLES ALL HER LIFE.

Christopher F Cheney

Posted at 2:59 PM on December 24, 2013

No its you people whom need the help just cause someone looks overweight does not mean there not healthy now sit down and learn a thing or two. or how about your keep your crappy cruddy opinion where it belongs. up your behind.

Christopher F Cheney

Posted at 2:56 PM on December 24, 2013

Really you call that child abuse? i call you comments child abuse.

Steph

Posted at 4:10 PM on September 20, 2013

Bullying has to stop!! This story brought tears to my eyes as well. What a wonderful young man Ryan is — Bravo Ryan for doing such a un-selfish thing for his BEAUTIFUL sister!!! I hope you get everything on your wish list that you wanted but gave up for the best present for you sister!! To the mom of Ryan and Amber, be proud of the son you are raising, you are doing a great job!! I wish you all the best!!

SoSweet

Posted at 3:48 PM on September 20, 2013

This brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet kid! Hope the kids give Amber a break. No kid deserves to be bullied.

I BELIEVE

Posted at 9:30 PM on September 21, 2013

I was a fat kid. Some kids just can’t help their metabolism is not working properly. You can tell by looking at the child she has a metabolism problem. Why do people always blame the Mother’s? I was bullied as a child. I can tell you first hand the bullying ruins your self esteem. I am so proud of her twin brother. He is a good boy and a very good brother..

Christopher F Cheney

Posted at 2:58 PM on December 24, 2013

Because these adults whom comment on her wait are the ones whom support the bully kids that the issue. its sad. I am overweight and i have tried thigns to help it does not help. I don’t like the gym walking does not help as much as i would like. So i need to find some other type of tool that help me. but i am also short too.