Liam was spotted kissing Mexican actress and singer Eiza on Sept. 17 — just one day after reps announced he and Miley Cyrus had called off their engagement. Now that Liam and Miley are over for good, we bet you have tons of questions about his new love interest. HollywoodLife.com has done some major digging to bring you the scoop on Eiza!
Liam Hemsworth, 23, didn’t waste any time moving on from his former fiancee, Miley Cyrus, 20, quickly going public with his budding romance with Eiza González, 23, on Sept. 17. Ever since then, we’ve been dying to know more about Eiza, who is already huge star in her native Mexico. Will she become a crossover sensation? Read on for more details!
Eiza González, Liam Hemsworth’s New Love Interest — 5 Things To Know
1. Eiza is a trained actress. She studied acting at the M&M Studio from 2003 to 2004, before being accepted into famed acting school Centro de Educacion Artistica.
2. While at acting school, Eiza met Pedro Damian, who managed the popular Latin band RBD. Pedro gave Eiza her first big break at age 16, starring and singing in the teen telenovela Lola…Érase una vez.
3. Good looks run in the family! Eiza’s mother is former Mexican model Glenda Reyna, who Eiza currently lives with in Mexico City.
4. Eiza is no stranger to tragedy. Her father was sadly killed in a car accident when she was 12 years old. Eiza says her father’s death greatly influenced her career.
5. Eiza was offered the lead role of Sofía López-Haro (aka Serena Van Der Woodsen!) in the upcoming TV show Gossip Girl: Acapulco, the Mexican remake of the hit American TV series Gossip Girl — but she declined because she was already starring in the 2012 telenovela Amores verdaderos.
While Eiza already had a claim to fame long before she met Liam, she was brought to national U.S. attention after she was spotted on Sept. 14 at the Las Vegas VIP club Bungalow, looking cozy with Liam — who was still engaged to Miley at the time. Could this be Eiza’s chance to find success in America? We bet we’ll be seeing a lot more of this multi-talented Mexican beauty — even if she and Liam don’t work out.
— Tierney McAfee