‘America’s Got Talent’ Season Finale: [Spoiler] Wins Las Vegas Show

Wed, September 18, 2013 10:59pm EST by 62 Comments
America's Got Talent Kenichi Ebina Wins
Courtesy of NBC (6)

lk

Posted at 10:18 PM on August 13, 2014

Kenichi whatever was awful!

godwin

Posted at 6:06 AM on November 16, 2013

collin key is absolutely the best had ever seen

Linda Hawkinson

Posted at 6:12 PM on October 22, 2013

I was in a hospital bed for over 3 months and was so looking to watching the show. I really missed Sharon and was so disappointed. I did not even watch it to the end. In the beginning they let some go that was really pretty good then it just kept getting worse. It was a joke to me. I won’t be watching it again. Loosing Sharon and then it just went down hill from their. I like the girls but felt in my opinion they just was not a good match. I am not against change but there was some really good talent that was way better then the person who I now find out won. Also, I don’t understand when it is America’s show that out of country is allowed to compete.

Paulette J. Stoneroo (@PauletteJStoner)

Posted at 5:43 AM on October 12, 2013

I don’t understand why you never mention Branden James in any of these “recaps”. He was just as good any of them and yet you fail to even mention that he was one of the top 12??? Why is that I wonder????

TheProdigal

Posted at 4:05 AM on September 21, 2013

The show is called America’s Got Talent, not Americans’ Got Talent. Kenichi didn’t just run over here from Japan and pop into the show. He has been part of the American landscape and entertaining and teaching Americans as a relative unknown — up until now — for many years, so he does represent the talent found in America today. It seems the intent of the creators of AGT (as well as the other “Got Talent” shows) has been to find and promote the talent of the country itself, not necessarily of its citizens. It’s their show, they can set it up however they choose; it’s up to us whether we want to watch it or not.

If I have a peeve with the show (actually I do have a few) it is that instead of just showcasing talent, as it originally did, the talent must now be something that would fly in Las Vegas. Hence I have seen many talented people X’ed by the judges with the excuse that they couldn’t see them as a Las Vegas act or watch then for a whole hour. I doubt that is in the AGT bylaws. This is one area where I would like to see the show go back to its roots.

Paulette J. Stoneroo (@PauletteJStoner)

Posted at 5:46 AM on October 12, 2013

I absolutely agree with this statement. I saw many really talented people be sent packing because the judges didn’t think they could carry a Vegas show, yet none of them could either.

HANNAH RANSOM

Posted at 9:00 PM on September 19, 2013

THE NAME OF THE SHOW IS AMERICA’S GOT TALENT, NOT PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES. NO FOREIGNER SHOULD WIN THIS CONTEST. NO FOREIGNER SHOULD EVEN BE ALLOWED TO ENTER. OUR COUNTRY HAS SUFFERED BECAUSE OF ALL THE FOREIGNERS. THEY SHOULD ALL GO HOME AND TAKE A POLITICIAN WH THEM.

Hannah's an idiot

Posted at 11:21 PM on September 19, 2013

Hannah, please promise never to breed.

richard40

Posted at 10:50 PM on September 20, 2013

Total nonsense. One of the best things about America is we are not afraid to compete against the best, and honor the best. By your idiotic logic I suppose we cant have any Caribbean baseball players in the American League. Your bad logic is also mirrored with the leftists who will use affirmative action to reward particular races, instead of deciding on merit. Foreign acts have entered AGT for a long time, but most of them lost because they were not that good, but Kenichi was the best.

joker

Posted at 2:53 AM on September 21, 2013

hannah ransom America is a continent and the United States is within the American continent like many countries, damn idiot, stupid, and besides being so innorante, I imagine you’re a disgusting person listening to you talk

TheProdigal

Posted at 4:24 AM on September 21, 2013

You and your family must be Native Americans then, right? They would be the only ones somewhat justified in making such a complaint.

Miz Dee

Posted at 7:17 PM on September 19, 2013

All 6 were VERY talented! Hard to pick. I did vote between Forte, Taylor and Kenichi. Kenichi WAS really different, but, I loved Forte. Taylor was cute!

G J ORFITELLI

Posted at 6:55 PM on September 19, 2013

It’s the greatest variety show since Ed Sullivan.
1 comment—the final was the best! But, please eliminate the eliminations. just announce the winner and we will all be happier.It was inappropriate after such a great season.They were all winners.

GJO

NCM

Posted at 4:44 PM on September 19, 2013

As far as Kinichi “taking the money home” – relax – according to other articles I read, he lives in New York, so the money will stay here. Also – if you read the details on the $1 million dollars, it’s paid out over 40 years – that’s $25,000 a year BEFORE taxes – hardly enough for a family of three to live on. All six top acts will likely get contracts elsewhere and may do better in the long run than being locked into the AGT contract.

Hank Wiley

Posted at 3:33 PM on September 19, 2013

America’s got talent??? Winner not American, 3 judges not American (Howie – Canadian , Mel B – UK – Hiedi – German). What a joke. The judges influenced the outcome huge, especially Howie. If we are to accept his criteria then singers should present only original material, comedians original material, magicians original material, in other word something that has never been done by anyone else before. I’ll bet you wouldn’t have a show or an audience.

Dan

Posted at 2:19 AM on September 20, 2013

And you are American because? Lets be real here and accept the fact that America is made up of a variety of ethnicities and that we are all American no matter how we look, how we talk, or what we believe in. If you cannot accept that fact then you obviously are NOT American. This nation was built on the belief that to be different is to prosper. If you want to get technical then no one but those who are 100% Native American (hence the word Native) are true Americans. Get your head out of the hole it’s hiding in and open your eyes to the real world around you.

mickey

Posted at 11:19 AM on September 20, 2013

agree with you man.

People are so ignorant.

I bet they are religious too. I hope they go to heaven !! ha ha, and maybe meet Santa Claus!

richard40

Posted at 10:53 PM on September 20, 2013

I agree, people should win based on merit, not where they were born. Of course the left is equally wrong on affirmative action, rewarding based on race rather than merit.

carla nicholson

Posted at 3:32 PM on September 19, 2013

America GOT IT WRONG! Did no one but me hear Kenichi say he was taking the money HOME? Does anyone watch “So you think you can dance”? Kids with more talent than Kenichi are sent home every NIGHT!!! I won’t be watching this show ever again – all the judges used their influence to sway the vote and that was not fair either. I’m done.

Tell it like it is.

Posted at 9:44 AM on September 20, 2013

Obviously you can not recognize original talent if it bit you in the butt. No one cares if you continue to watch the show. Maybe deep down you are just simply …..racist.

mickey

Posted at 11:22 AM on September 20, 2013

I bet your talent is sitting on the sofa eating pizza! right?

richard40

Posted at 10:56 PM on September 20, 2013

Kenichi did not need help from the judges to win, he was leading big in most fan polls before the final took place. Ironically your “my act must win or I take my marbles and go home” attitude was also said by a lot of Kenichi fans, who said if a singer won they would give up on the show.

richard40

Posted at 10:59 PM on September 20, 2013

One other point, Kenichi has been living in the USA for a lot of years, and I thought he said if he won the money he would use it to bring his family to the USA.

TheProdigal

Posted at 4:08 AM on September 21, 2013

We’ll miss you so much.

Paulette J. Stoneroo (@PauletteJStoner)

Posted at 5:50 AM on October 12, 2013

I agree that the judges definitely swayed the voting and good people were sent home because of them. Who do they think they are that they can destroy someone’s life and dreams for sport??? Someone should have done this to all of them. I don’t know how they look themselves in the mirror everyday. This is exactly what is wrong in this country today when the rich and spoiled can just destroy someone for the fun of it, or for ratings…