Season five is just a few weeks away! Sink your teeth into this new promo poster for a taste of what’s to come.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but the new poster for the upcoming fifth season of The Vampire Diaries says more than words ever could. Even with the Mikaelson family ditching Mystic Falls for The Originals, there’s still plenty of eye candy on the newly released promo art — is Damon (Ian Somerhalder) having his own private wet t-shirt contest? — which has more excited for The CW drama’s Oct. 3 return than ever.
1. Matt’s beefed up role: While Matt Donovan (Zach Roerig) has always been our favorite perma-human, he’s always been more of a background character — but that’s about to change! “He really has an interesting, intriguing storyline this year,” executive producer Caroline Dries tells HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site TVLine. “We are introduced to it briefly in the season premiere.”
2. Elena’s doppelganger danger: The fact that both Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Katherine are featured on this poster proves that Kat’s really going to sink her claws into season five. We’ve wondered how she’ll fare ever since she was turned back into a human on the fourth season finale, and with the release of the most recent promo, we know exactly what — or, rather, who — she’ll be doing in season five.
3. Stefan’s Silas struggle: Speaking of doppelgangers, we’ve never seen Stefan (Paul Wesley) look so intense on promo art before — and we love it! Though we’re sad that Stefan is suffering at the bottom of a lake, we can’t wait to see how Paul will handle his dark new persona.
4. Tyler’s return: We’re thrilled that Tyler (Michael Trevino) is allowed back in Mystic Falls, but we shouldn’t expect to see him getting all hot-and-heavy with Caroline (Candice Accola) right away — and that’s reinforced by his awkward positioning on this new poster. Why so far away, T?
5. Ghost problems: Not only does Kat Graham look amazing in that flowy back dress, but the way she’s ominously positioned behind Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) reinforces the couple’s closeness in season five — even if it’s only because no one else can see her.
6. Damon’s solo wet t-shirt contest: I don’t think this really signifies anything; I just wanted to point out that you can totally see Damon’s nips in the picture. Enjoy.
What are YOU most excited about, HollywoodLifers? Drop a comment with your thoughts on The Vampire Diaries‘ upcoming fifth season below.
— Andy Swift