‘America’s Got Talent’ Results Recap: Six Fan Favorites Are Sent Home

Wed, September 11, 2013 11:00pm EDT by 58 Comments
America's Got Talent September 11
Courtesy of NBC

Linda Friedman

Posted at 3:03 PM on September 15, 2013

Brenden James was an excellent singer. Somon should put him with Forte like Il Divo. Hes got the looks and the voice. If I see that country western singer win Im finished with this show. I felt bad as he was a vet but to headline a show!!
Forte sgould be the winners. Their story is amazing howvthey came together

Jed

Posted at 1:10 AM on September 14, 2013

Jimmy Rose will win. Remember Kevin Skinner the chicken farmer, the worse act in the finals that won? It will be a repeat. When you have people voting for favorites, America’s heartland always comes through for their own.

boohooo

Posted at 5:02 PM on September 13, 2013

hahahaha, Catapult sucked! soo hilarious they got booted, hahahahahahahaha, get your own act aholes!

Julie

Posted at 2:44 PM on September 13, 2013

So worn from all the singing acts! The Voice, Idol, and so forth! The variety acts with a family appeal are so much more appealing….I voted numerous times for my favorite act. But, AGT lost this viewer.

Rocky Stewart

Posted at 9:36 AM on September 13, 2013

Did anyone else notice that Collins Key got the trick wrong Tuesday? Howie had set his watch to 4:58, but when Collins showed Nick’s watch, the time was 5:58. How did everyone miss this? This was a major botch that was ignored.

elijah Droze

Posted at 10:34 AM on September 13, 2013

He held the watch upside down, like a true pro. Nick even mentioned that about 5 seconds later.

> >

Leigh

Posted at 6:16 PM on September 15, 2013

Even upside down, the watch upsidedown still pointed at 5:58.

Dunno

Posted at 1:17 AM on September 13, 2013

y´all stop complening and next time vote for your favorite act as much as possible,u need to vote as Howie doesn’t stop to say it

Lance

Posted at 1:07 AM on September 13, 2013

I 100% agreed with Stern’s predictions the night of the performances. I was worried Taylor might not make it in due to near elimination in the previous round. I had a sneaking presumption Collin’s Key might take his place in the top 6 just based on the “wow” factor of magic, but never did I think theyd both go through at the expense of both the Kristef brothers and Catapult. Those two should’ve been in for sure. To me the biggest mistake is Jimmy Rose. Jimmy Rose is a great singer no doubt, but he had no place being in the top 6, no place at all. I resent America for voting him in, to be honest. I don’t care that he’s a great guy, or the most modest contestant on the show. This is America’s got TALENT, not America’s most liked contestant, or America’s most popular. The fact that some people choose to vote based on likeability is the reason why this show really sucks at times. I really hope the right person wins this show, otherwise I will be really disappointed

Amanda

Posted at 10:28 PM on September 12, 2013

OMG I was soooo stunned by the results. I don’t care for the girl singer. She can sing on the Voice or X Factor or Idol. I want variety!! Kristef brothers were robbed. I think DAngelo and Amanda were worthy.

Pat

Posted at 6:07 PM on September 12, 2013

AGT should NOT have singers at all, they have several other shows, the other acts have only AGT. Stop allowing singers in the competition.

ladycj

Posted at 9:33 PM on September 12, 2013

I agree. It was brought to my attention, by a friend, that they googled the members of Forte & found that they are NOT amateurs but professionals! I thought this show is suppose to be for amateur talent? Something smells wrong here if ya ask me.

Carolyn

Posted at 3:30 PM on September 13, 2013

Forte didn’t even know each other until AGT and only got together a few weeks before the audition. Maybe individually they were pros but not as a group. One of them was replaced after the first auditions. For all of you complainers regarding singers. Some of the singing competitions have age restrictions, AGT doesn’t. AGT is a talent contest and singing is a talent like everything else.

mimi

Posted at 5:22 PM on September 12, 2013

Add Branden to Forte and then it is a real FOURTE!!!!!

ciddeuce

Posted at 2:21 PM on September 12, 2013

As I have had the fear since the semi-finals started. Waaaaaaay to many “singing” acts will make the finals. I like this show because of the diverse acts that come in, I do not mind an occasional singing act, but having 3 in the finals takes away from the fun and the shows “different” approach from Idol and the Voice. I like Cami, Rose and Forte, but 3 out of the 6 acts are singing acts, that in my opinion, are not as good as Catapult, Kristef Brothers or Kenichi.

Kristef Brothers not being in the finals is a travesty. There act is perfect for Vegas and they are definitely top 3 (with Kenichi and Catapult). I think Jimmy Rose is awesome, reminds me of older country when it was good…. but he is not in the same league as the other acts. Collins Key…. America voting him in just shows how bad we lack in knowing what talent is. Collins Key is not even meant for top 24. I would pay to see Kenichi, Catapult and Kristef in Vegas, but none of the other shows. I really wanted to see what the Kristef Brothers finale would of been like, every week they up’ed their game and the finale would of been sick. Kenichi should win it and I don’t think anyone else should, but since Kristef and Catapult got voted out, I fear America is gonna have a singer win. Boooo

Julia

Posted at 1:07 PM on September 12, 2013

Very disappointed in the decisions of America…to not send Kristef Bros through but send Jimmy, who although has a great voice, he didnt do nearly good enough to make the finale…and even having Collins Key in there…he’s great yes, but he takes way too long with his acts…this is just not okay!

Karl N Karissa Crofts

Posted at 1:14 PM on September 12, 2013

I agree completely! How in the world could Jimmy and Cami go through, and not Kristef?? Unreal… Jimmy over Brandon James even… unbelievable… I think by the six that did make it through, it’s hands down, Kenichi will take it all the way.

BRIAN

Posted at 11:43 AM on September 12, 2013

Collins Key isn’t that good at all, all of his tricks are so easy to figure out, very surprised he went through. Anna Christine should still be there. I like the Kristof brothers too, but I didn’t think they would win anyway.

Karl N Karissa Crofts

Posted at 1:13 PM on September 12, 2013

Haha… wow, you obviously know no talent. Anna Christine needs to stay in school and make something of her education… It’s horrible they even allow kids on there at all. You try doing what Kristef brothers do, and then say you shouldn’t win.

A.P

Posted at 3:25 PM on September 12, 2013

You certainly don’t know how to read, Brian never said that the Kristef brothers SHOULDN’T win, he said he didn’t THINK they would. Completely different.

Doris

Posted at 9:27 AM on September 12, 2013

Sorry but the whole final results seems fixed and leaning toward Kamichi…has from the first time the judges “wowed” his talent…not fair…with the exception of Forte and Collin Keys…I don’t see anyone strong enough to beat him (Kamichi ) Feels “set up” to me!

Zoe Stevens

Posted at 12:04 PM on September 12, 2013

That’s not a setup. One of them has to be the best.

Karl N Karissa Crofts

Posted at 1:16 PM on September 12, 2013

I agree with Zoe… It is not a set up. It’s just very obvious who is the best this year. Kenichi does everything… Comedy, dance, his own choreography,… everything. That is the act I would pay for in Vegas to see. He is amazing.

ciddeuce

Posted at 2:26 PM on September 12, 2013

Kenichi is as awesome as they say, by far. No one is in his league. Collins Key strong enough to beat him? That made me laugh very hard. The guy that poured gas on himself with a burning hat and juggled on a unicycle was 10 times better than Collins Key.

Paul

Posted at 9:15 AM on September 12, 2013

I was really disappointed that the Kristof Brothers lost, they were a lot of fun. I don’t get the love for Collins Key. His tricks aren’t that impressive and he pretty much does a variation on the same trick each time – predicting something the judges say. I’m not a fan of Rose but at least I understand why others are.

Heather

Posted at 10:45 AM on September 12, 2013

I think Collins Key just make up the times and he told Nick don’t say anything if the time is not match with judge

Frank

Posted at 4:14 AM on September 12, 2013

At some point they all get voted off but one of them. So none of this is really that shocking. Are they really fan favorites if they are voted off!? By the way they are not pairing them up as if it was forte against that other singer. Branden was going home no matter what. You make it sound as if it was one or the other no matter what.

lakawak

Posted at 3:43 AM on September 12, 2013

Based on what I am reading, it seems like you don’t even understand how the voting works! They are not “putting Brandon James and Forte together” at all. The pairings for the results show are meaningless. All it means is that one of them was in the top 6 and one was not. It isn’t as if they were competing head to head for votes and that one of them could have been eliminated even if they had more votes than the other 10.

Brittany

Posted at 3:24 AM on September 12, 2013

Love love loooove these results.. all BUT jimmy rose..his place should go to catapult.

RS

Posted at 8:41 AM on September 12, 2013

Jimmy Rose shouldnt even be IN the competition at this point.
Rednecks will vote redneck no matter what….remember that. Jimmy Rose might Michael Grimm this whole thing.

joe

Posted at 9:47 AM on September 12, 2013

I completely agree! County Bumpkin vote. Really sad for the contestants with real talent.

Carlos

Posted at 10:08 AM on September 12, 2013

Your Sick .. using words like Rednecks shows your not mature enough watch such a program. Typical Jerk..

Brian Trimble

Posted at 10:31 PM on September 17, 2013

You are absolutely correct. I’m writing this 1/2 hour into the finals and I have said from the beginning that Rose will win. Rednecks is a bad choice of words because his type gets votes from rednecks, trailer trash, right wingnuts, military, southern white boys, cowboys, rural idiots…in short, the 40% of this country that votes republican regularly…the Fascists. This is the CONservative Fascist vote that will sweep Rose to winning.
The normal, sane 60% of Americans will split the vote between the other 5.
So get ready for a Jimmy Rose win.
Stand aside, chicken plucker and Brother Grimm……twang away!!!!….

Franny Herbosa

Posted at 11:09 AM on September 12, 2013

I agree 100% – I don’t like country music that much but admittedly Jimmy Rose is very down to earth and sings from his heart. That being said, to say that he’s more talented and deserves to be in the finals more than Catapult is a travesty. They may have been similar to “Silhouettes” last season but that doesn’t mean that they’re not original or any less talented. The problem here is that Jimmy Rose represented the country music genre and apparently has a much stronger fan base than Catapult, which if you remember had to be “voted into” the top 12 by Howie Mandel.

Karl N Karissa Crofts

Posted at 1:21 PM on September 12, 2013

That vote shouldn’t have gone to Catapult or Jimmy Rose. There is someone like Catapult every year, they are just not original. I want to see things like Kristef Brothers, and Kenichi. They are original, never see that much talent from any one person… Rarely at least. I mean, you try doing what they do, you can’t. It is just unreal talent. The strength, and the comedy Kristef can bring, to Kenichi who does everything on his own… Choreography, dance, comedy… They should have been the last two standing. Kenichi will take it, I’m sure.

Laura Daly

Posted at 2:15 PM on September 13, 2013

Well, Kenichi is not all that original. Take a look at David Parson’s “Caught” to see the first combines use of strobe lights and choreography. And, all that shadow play, MOMIX has been doing that since 1980.

elijah Droze

Posted at 2:38 PM on September 13, 2013

Compared to the other 5 on agt he’s from another world. MOMIX isn’t on the show.

chuck

Posted at 2:18 AM on September 12, 2013

tonite shows that Americans can’t recognize talent The comedian and the country singer beating out the the young dancers(real talent) and Catapult is a joke.

Nancy Osuna

Posted at 1:33 AM on September 12, 2013

i’m disappointed with Catapult Entertainment not making the top 6.

KentuckyStrong

Posted at 1:32 AM on September 12, 2013

So, did anyone notice that AGT made no mention of 9/11? Nick didn’t mention it; the judges didn’t mention it; 5 finalists didn’t mention it; but Jimmy Rose from Pineville, Kentucky, did; he paid tribute to the victims. AGT, hey you’re in NYC taking up space at Radio City Music Hall; how could you just ignore the date???

Web Tips TV

Posted at 1:54 AM on September 12, 2013

yeah so?

lakawak

Posted at 3:45 AM on September 12, 2013

How long do we have to remember it every single year in totally unrelated forms of entertainment?

dantheman

Posted at 8:52 AM on September 12, 2013

You’re a totally ignorant sob. That day changed our lives forever. No it doesn’t have to be included in every show but being they were in NY and it was live. It shouldn’t have come down to a country Singer from Kentucky to mention it. The only result I disagree with is catapult should have gone on to the finals.

Me

Posted at 10:46 AM on September 12, 2013

You are exactly what is wrong with this country. The current influx of people into this country are useless, ignorant leeches.

ciddeuce

Posted at 2:10 PM on September 12, 2013

Why does anyone HAVE to mention 9/11? Everyone remembers 9/11 in their own way. A show or person doesn’t have to bring it up. I think your an ignorant sob if you feel everyone has to talk about it. I remember where I was and what I felt, but it does not mean I have to exploit it.

Tom

Posted at 4:07 AM on September 12, 2013

Oh no, no one mentioned 9/11 and they are in NYC also! It does not have to be mentioned all the time and on every show. Yes it was horrible and no one has forgotten. But there are a lot of horrible events all the time and we do not always mention them on their anniversary.

RS

Posted at 8:42 AM on September 12, 2013

…annnnd THAT is why Jimmy Rose just might win.

HonestyandRealityGuy

Posted at 12:51 AM on September 12, 2013

This is an exciting competition. Tough – tough choices have to be made. It is like watching someone pick their favorite child. 6 great acts had to go. Unfortunate. However, this is a talent competition and I can hardly wait to see the finals. Great show!

David Dunning

Posted at 12:39 AM on September 12, 2013

Stern had 5 outta 6 right

newfieldproductions

Posted at 12:00 AM on September 12, 2013

Reblogged this on New Field Productions.

gee

Posted at 11:56 PM on September 11, 2013

WTFFFFF THAT KEY IS IS SOOOOOO LAME AND FAKE HIS MAGIC IS WACK IN THE STAGED WAY cant belive America ( pre teen j bieber loving girls ) voted him thro worst pick in history

ciddeuce