Miley Cyrus’ ‘Wrecking Ball’ Video — Haters React On Twitter

Tue, September 10, 2013 6:47pm EST by 28 Comments
Miley Cyrus Reaction
Courtesy Of Terry Richardson/Vevo/RCA Records

Melody Toland

Posted at 5:56 PM on December 21, 2013

I agree with Juliet. This could have been well done. When you see the very beginning of the video, watching her staring right at you crying, it looks promising. It has a beautiful song, and the vulnerability she shows in those shots mentioned above is wonderful. However, the moment she starts licking things, and straddling things, and touching herself, all bets are off. This video could have been beautiful, but she wre-eh-eh-ecked it.

Juliet

Posted at 4:05 PM on September 12, 2013

It’s not the nudity, for Heaven’s sake. Or even the sexual suggestiveness. There’s nothing inherently shocking in that. People have been using nudity and sexuality artistically for centuries.

The problem with the video is that it’s vulgar. It’s not about art, it’s about being shocking, being seedy and cheap… and therefore shocking lots of people…..and therefore getting lots of views.

teamedwardjace

Posted at 3:46 PM on September 11, 2013

i’m a young modern feminist with thoughts on a variety of issues

teamedwardjace

Posted at 3:45 PM on September 11, 2013

its a great song and i’m for women exploring their sexuality, but there’s way to do it and i don’t think that was the way to it.

Ina

Posted at 1:01 PM on September 11, 2013

I loved the song and bout the video.. Honestly I don’t mind at all, if she doesn’t give AF why should we! Keep doing your thing girl!!!

Chris

Posted at 12:03 PM on September 11, 2013

The video is amazing and so powerful with a beautiful meaning. How lame to see so narrowed minds out there! Pathetic haters.

Tammin

Posted at 8:45 AM on September 11, 2013

She is blatantly having a mental breakdown because what she does is NOT art or entertainment, she could learn a thing or two from Lady Gaga:-)

Liliana

Posted at 8:40 AM on September 11, 2013

Crying? So what.
Everyone can cry crocodile tears
And seriously licking a hammer??? WTF
I also feel very sorry for the poor wrecking ball.
To be confident does not mean you have to show off your body.
And why in the world must she put her face that close to the camera,
we can see stuff we don’t want to see.
So basically, my first reaction to the video
Ewwwwwwww

Allison

Posted at 12:58 AM on September 11, 2013

Miley is 20 years old. She is an adult. If she doesn’t want to wear clothes, so be it! She is not Hannah Montana anymore- Get over it. if you don’t want your children watching it- LOCK THEM IN A CAGE. They’ve more than likely already seen much worse. Miley is not the first artist to appear naked in a music video: Rihanna and Britney Spears are two other examples. I believe her nudity symbolizes her vulnerability in the relationship. I also think her kissing/ licking the sledgehammer represents her love for the person even though they have hurt her. It is actually a beautiful song, if only some people would take the time to actually hear the words that are coming out of her mouth. Dig deeper people. Miley is experimenting and not playing it safe anymore. She is confident and not hiding. I personally think it’s ok. If you don’t agree with it, don’t watch her videos and go read a book or something.

gwen

Posted at 11:06 PM on September 10, 2013

This CHILD needs LOVE, not condemnation, maybe PARENTS!! May help

Marques Dillard

Posted at 10:57 PM on September 10, 2013

Money + Attention divided by “at any cost” = Miley

Sheri

Posted at 9:23 PM on September 10, 2013

What is wrong with that girl in the head? Why does she have to sell sex to sell her music? No dignity!! She’s mental.

Liliana

Posted at 8:31 AM on September 11, 2013

True

lodaschitt

Posted at 8:31 PM on September 10, 2013

Like to see if I can watch this video and hold any food down

Elvis Presley

Posted at 8:22 PM on September 10, 2013

SHE IS JUST A SLUTTY PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohlala

Posted at 9:32 PM on September 10, 2013

according to your views, everyone who shows skin must be a slut right? funny though it’s always only brought up on female singer’s videos. sexist much?

Jane

Posted at 8:05 PM on September 10, 2013

I feel like I watched Justin Bieber in lipstick. I mean – that haircut is exactly the same. So is the body. Just google Justin naked with guitar. Gross.

Brandon Brown

Posted at 8:36 PM on September 10, 2013

Except Justin Bieber is NOT a girl, contrary to popular opinion.

ohlala

Posted at 9:33 PM on September 10, 2013

so with a girl it’s gross, whereas with a dude it’s not? hilarious logic

corrinia williams

Posted at 6:58 PM on September 10, 2013

She is disgusting…how can she think she sexy.I’m a girl,and I’ve seen better looking girls than her.like selena,demi,Nicki minaj,lil mama,Beyonce,shakira,oh and me!!its sad how she ruined her life like this..I didn’t even watch the video,and I don’t want to neither.any video that involves her named or TRYING to twerk with her skinny self,I’m not interested in!!!I feel sorry for people related to her,they have to wake up everyday and know they related to her.I would cry and scream everyday if i was related to her,but thank god I’m black!!!she acting like a black girl too,twerking and all that.u need to have booty to twerk miley!!!watch a Nicki minaj video for examples!!I used to watch her everyday on Disney,now I don’t even wanna hear about her no more!!!she was my second favorite Disney star,Selena was #1 and still is!!Selena is 21 and miley is 20 but been acting like this since she was like 17-18!!she should talk to Selena and get some advice on how to act like a modest polite lady!!but at the same time be grown up.growing up does not involve stripping,teasing,getting naked,and just changed your image.it involves being a woman,being nice and polite sometimes,and just show that you respect yourself.miley is the total opposite.I know I’m not gonna act like this when I turn 20let alone 18!!feel bad for u miley,get some help before u go like Amanda b.

corrinia williams

Posted at 6:59 PM on September 10, 2013

Naked*

paula

Posted at 7:17 PM on September 10, 2013

You are completely right…

ohlala

Posted at 9:36 PM on September 10, 2013

well, i get you don’t like what you saw, ok cool. but really now? feeling bad for people that you don’t even know for sure feel bad for her? chances are her parents don’t give a flying one about what you say. neither does she. she didn’t ruin her career, she turned herself into a movement. she’s experimenting with her style, nothing wrong with that. people need to stop looking at everything so judgingly. she did no harm to you, other than what? if you wanna hate on women who show some confidence, whether or not you like the results, go over to the frat bros, they’ll welcome you.

Joan

Posted at 9:51 PM on September 10, 2013

Amen!!!!!!!

mileyfanforever

Posted at 12:43 AM on September 11, 2013

Thank you for saying that, stupid haters who don’t know her of know what she’s feeling has no right to judge her. You see naked artist and say noting, when you see Miley you start hating on her. You haters should get a freaking life, Miley might be nude in the video but your forgetting that she’s showing her emotions, she’s crying in that video. It might just be me, but you guys should trying understanding her first before criticizing her. Word of advice to all the haters, TRY LISTENING TO THE SONG CAREFULLY BE FOR SAYING RUDE STUFF TO HER.

mileyfanforever

Posted at 1:01 AM on September 11, 2013

Listen to the lyrics haters, the lyrics says I CAN’T LIVE A LIE. Try to figure out what that means.

corrinia williams

Posted at 1:36 AM on September 11, 2013

She did ruin er career,and it doesn’t matter if her or her family cares about it.I’m just saying its sad that she lives this way.she is a tramp and shouldn’t be allowed on stage ever!!!!she was such a beautiful woman,and respected herself,now she don’t even care about herself.its sad and disgusting!!this is how prostitutes live.and I’ma hater so what!!I can hate on whoever I feel like hating on,like I do with one d everyday!!and I don’t need to hear or watch the video or song cause I know it horrible,she is just a nasty horrible girl who ruined her rep!!!I know u have to grow up,and I know she 20 but u can’t act like a prostitute to grow up,that doesn’t prove nothing!!I’m 13 and she is a bad example for children all over the world,including me.I used to love her so much like I do Selena,but its just sad to me that the girl I used to watch on TV everyday is turning out like this!!

Liliana