Sunny Ozell: 5 Things To Know About Patrick Stewart’s New Wife

Mon, September 9, 2013 3:42pm EST by 21 Comments 10,299 Article Views
Sunny Ozell Patrick Stewart
Samir Hussein/Entertainment/Getty Images Courtesy of Twitter

‘Star Trek’ star Patrick Stewart officially wed his long-time girlfriend, Sunny Ozell over the weekend! Tweeting a photo of he and his new bride, he captioned it “Yes, married.” So, who exactly is the lucky lady?

Patrick Stewart, 73 is officially off the market! In a service officiated by Sir Ian McKellan, Patrick tied the knot with Sunny Orzell.

Sunny Ozell: Get To Know Patrick Stewart’s Wife

1. She’s 35 Years Old. Yes, you read that right. Patrick is 38 years older than Sunny!

2. Sunny met Patrick in 2008 when he was at the Brooklyn Academy of Music starring in Macbeth. They were seen together in May and have been officially together since 2009.

3. Sunny is a songwriter and singer from Brooklyn, NY. She performs frequently at Rockwood and the Living Room in the Lower East Side, according to Sunnyozell.com. She has collaborated with some of the greatest including Jim CampilongoAdam Levy of Norah Jones’ band, and Krystal Warren.

4. Sunny grew up in Reno, Nevada!

5. She used to be a waitress at Franny’s restaurant — where she waited on her now-husband. In an interview with GrubStreet, she was asked if he was a good tipper and she laughed, answering, “He’s English, that’s all I’ll say. We had to have a little education and come to Jesus about that.”

Patrick Stewart Marries Sunny Ozell

Sir Ian was excited to officiate the wedding. After, he posted a photo on Facebook showing his “Doctor of Divinity” license and a “Minister” t-shirt. The caption read, “I did my part.”

Additionally, Patrick confirmed the news on Twitter as well posting a cute photo of he and Sunny fully emerged, only showing their heads, in a pit of colorful balls! So cute!

– Emily Longeretta

More Celebrity Weddings:

1. Kristin Cavallari & Jay Cutler Get Married
  2. Seth Meyers: ‘SNL’ Star Marries Longtime Girlfriend Alexi Ashe
  3. Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Get Married

Zingara Kay

Posted at 4:30 AM on October 31, 2014

Congrats!! Wish you all the happiness in your marriage that you’ve brought us on screen! (Even though I’m terribly jealous.) As far as the other people griping about the age difference: jealousy with dignity, people! He’s gorgeous, funny, distinguished yet down-to-earth, well spoken, intelligent, and in better shape than a lot of 40 year olds! I’d say “what a catch!”

Gwen

Posted at 9:39 AM on July 26, 2014

Its cool and everything but she’s younger than Patrick’s children which is slightly weird sorry

Our Tiny Earth

Posted at 1:07 PM on April 2, 2014

I absolutely love Patrick Stewart. It brings me such joy that there are people in the world who still live with such exuberance. Cheers!

givemeabreak

Posted at 2:34 PM on March 31, 2014

To those saying how it’s “disgusting”, I have three words for you :

It is LEGAL.

That’s it. I mean he is an adult and so is she. If they want to have a romantic relationship and get married, just WHO THE HELL ARE *WE* TO CRITICIZE?

And yes, I’m looking at *you*, JD.

JD

Posted at 4:16 PM on March 6, 2014

I am sorry but to me this is disgusting. This would be like my now 7 month old daughter going on to marry someone who is now 2 years older than I am.

Mia

Posted at 7:59 PM on March 8, 2014

Yes you are correct, a 7 month old marrying someone is disgusting. However, a 35 year old is an adult.

lyonlyons

Posted at 2:25 AM on February 20, 2014

ah yes! next we get sir pat twerkin wit miley–he da bomb now.
Funny how old geezers keep trading down . . .have you heard this “singer’s” voice? uh, just sayin it’s nice to puggyback off the fame of a blind old man

lyonlyons

Posted at 2:21 AM on February 20, 2014

kind of repulsive. I followed some of her tweets and she is a twit. Then I saw a pic of him with this child-bride and KANYE at a par-tay. What next, Sir Pat? Makin a hip-hop album so you can keep up with the kiddies (aka your wife)? Very sad when old men try to marry their daughters–we laugh a Hef for a reason, you know . . .

Aubrey

Posted at 9:06 PM on April 10, 2014

So funny that you can judge someone by their Tweets. Meet Sunny (I knew her in college) and you will soon be removing your foot from your mouth.

Claire Nedzela

Posted at 3:57 PM on December 3, 2013

“I am so really sorry Patrick Stewart listen to me the truth is i have a crush on you from the very beginning, I want to say congratulations for your engagement to your new wife, she is better than me, I am just a disability with upsidedown special like me the reason is I miss Jennifer so much and there’s no future for me in England for me only for the Making of Harry Potter and that it….My heart is broken is tme for me to go our separate ways I don’t know I still be in the PSN Club no longer You are done! you are free Bye

specialagentdinozzo

Posted at 4:17 PM on March 6, 2014

Ummm, stalker much?

Mich

Posted at 6:38 AM on September 10, 2013

Fully emerged? Is your editor sleeping on the job?

Tim Dombrowski

Posted at 1:45 AM on April 22, 2014

what editor?

April

Posted at 7:48 PM on September 9, 2013

Congratulations! Glad to see a local girl moving out of the area, succeeding and finding happiness with a terrific actor.

anon4cec

Posted at 7:21 PM on September 9, 2013

Immersed.. the word you wanted to use was immersed.

Herminia R. Vasquez (@HerminiaRVasque)

Posted at 4:51 PM on September 9, 2013

my boyfriend got an almost new silver MINI Cooper Paceman only from working parttime off a home computer… Visit This Link… ℂ­­­A­­­ℱ­­­­E­­­4­­­­4.ℂ­­­­­ℴ­­­­­M

Lainer (@Lainer)

Posted at 3:54 PM on September 9, 2013

I adora Patrick Stewart and wish he and his wife the absolute best life experience. Nice to see he is so happy. Namaste!

Carol Heltebrake

Posted at 8:52 PM on September 10, 2013

Please, of him, of him, wish him. This old (84+revs around ol’ sol) Eng teach is shaking her head with all the subjective pronouns used instead of objective

specialagentdinozzo

Posted at 4:19 PM on March 6, 2014

You are congratulating an elderly man marrying someone that could be his granddaughter? Sorry, I find it deeply disturbing.

nancy

Posted at 8:02 PM on March 8, 2014

Why? They are both adults and are not related. He seems more active than some men I know in their 30s and 40s.

Gwen

Posted at 9:40 AM on July 26, 2014

totally agree, even his children are older than her