Miley Cyrus’ ‘Vogue’ Cover Axed After Racy VMA Performance — Report

Sun, September 8, 2013 10:47am EDT by 33 Comments
Miley Cyrus Vogue Cover
AP/INVISION Images, Courtesy of Vogue

MJrules

Posted at 8:55 PM on October 7, 2013

Definitely, Miley Cyrus is a terrible role model for little girls and teenage girls. She is on her way downhill anyways

balen10

Posted at 6:43 AM on September 9, 2013

there are a lot of most elite magazine out there that is more suited for miley. And anyway its not miley’s lost its their lost! she get paid anyway..

kylie

Posted at 12:42 AM on September 9, 2013

She needs to keep her tongue in her mouth, or at least clean it properly. That is the grossest tongue I’ve ever seen, all coated with white crap! She is so disgusting! YUCK!

Mika

Posted at 1:43 PM on September 8, 2013

Hahahah, good!

asta

Posted at 1:16 PM on September 8, 2013

She is far too young to be on the cover of vogue. what next selena gomez?

AEM

Posted at 12:52 PM on September 8, 2013

As others have stated, Miley doesn’t care if this was true. Even better, Vogue’s competitors like Cosmo and VF will be knocking down MC’s door. Yes, I wish Miley would stop the tongue, but Miley doesn’t need Wintour. I guess Miley won’t be going to the 2014 MetGala that is run by Wintour.

natalia

Posted at 12:43 PM on September 8, 2013

miley got paid either way – that’s what we need to teach our daughters. do what YOU want and get paid for it!

aquarius64

Posted at 6:21 PM on September 8, 2013

But now she’s perceived she gets paid….by the hour….for work done on her back.

Ummm..

Posted at 2:59 PM on September 10, 2013

So your telling us if our daughters wanted to become a stripper or a prostitute because they can get paid for it, go ahead and let them? That’s ridiculous.

Dee

Posted at 11:42 AM on December 24, 2013

And there goes your Morals and self respect for that comment.

natalia

Posted at 12:42 PM on September 8, 2013

watched miley. don’t read vogue.

bvncdnhru568

Posted at 12:31 PM on September 8, 2013

Interested in interracial dating and finding true romance?==== MīxedLuv.com ===is dedicated to helping singles build relationships with those who share common attraction and similar interest. If you think black and white is a beautiful combinations our site is for you. This is a serious Interracial dating services and mixed race dating site dedicated to those seeking real love. For black men dating white women,white men looking for black women. xcb

gdmh

Posted at 12:28 PM on September 8, 2013

It’s time for the old crone Anna Wintour to hang up her hair.It’s 2013.No problem rubing sholders with the war monger president raising money for his campaign.Vogue needs new blood.Rachel Zoe comes to mind!

Lisa 7

Posted at 12:17 PM on September 8, 2013

I respect them more for taking her off the cover. Now, I’ll definately buy it. (NOT IF SHE”S IN IT “ANYWHERE” THOUGH)!

Larissa

Posted at 12:16 PM on September 8, 2013

I like that Miley’s vogue photoshoot came to a screeching halt, I mean, even though it would have been resoundingly positive for her, well, she’s just toooo TRASHY for Vogue!!!

Jenn

Posted at 12:33 PM on September 8, 2013

I disagree. If you look at her Twitter, she’s more trashy there than on the VMAs.

Elle

Posted at 12:07 PM on September 8, 2013

I don’t believe for a minute that Cyrus doesn’t regret her sad display at the VMA’s. She can act like she did it for the reaction and the fact that everyone is still talking about it but I think the truth remains she regrets it and it will be daunting her future career for a long time now..

mfan

Posted at 12:16 PM on September 8, 2013

Wrong. It only hurts her career among old people. The younger fans are going to have to wait until they can afford the tickets themselves.

Elle

Posted at 1:14 PM on September 8, 2013

Wrong. There will be a backlash. Just you wait and see.

mfan

Posted at 8:49 PM on September 8, 2013

Wrong again, Elle. It hasn’t shown up in sales; her songs are #5 and #12 on the World Chart most people look at. We Can’t Stop is double platinum in the U.S., and Wrecking Ball has sold 291,000 in eight days. Her album is already successful enough to tour in arenas, and that’s what really matters.

Onceamileyfan

Posted at 12:14 AM on September 15, 2013

Wrong. I’m a young person and I have lost interest. My parents have always taught me good values and Miley does not demonstrate these anymore. There will be a backlash in the future.

abe

Posted at 11:28 AM on September 8, 2013

…………he did it Anal without a condom?

guessed

Posted at 2:49 AM on September 9, 2013

Hi Abe.

Tess

Posted at 11:16 AM on September 8, 2013

Don’t bother me any, I don’t read Vogue

mekaela

Posted at 11:07 AM on September 8, 2013

I subscribe to vogue and I made my mind up that I would have thrown the book out if they put her on it someone needs to stand for decency

mfan

Posted at 12:13 PM on September 8, 2013

Obviously, you do not have your own business, and neither are you a politician. Otherwise you would know that making some of your audience mildly or moderately unhappy is better than permanently alienating Miley’s international following, most of whom are the audience Vogue wants to attract. I would never buy Vogue again if this story was somehow true. But I’ve already heard the story is false. Didn’t you notice how Hollywood Life qualified the story? It’s because this story is from The Daily Miror, a publication that frequently makes up stories. It may be that Miley never had the cover in the first place, or it may be that she will have the cover, but the story that she had the cover and now doesn’t is false. That’s why they didn’t call Vogue to confirm it.

aquarius64

Posted at 10:49 PM on September 8, 2013

This is an excerpt from USA Today about the Miley Cyrus Vogue debacle:

“A Vogue spokesperson said they don’t comment on rumors about future editorial content.”

USA Today is more credible than a tabloid. The spokesperson is not saying the “Miley is out” is false. That person would have said so. My guess is they have taken pictures before Twerk-gate, and Witnour and the Vogue editorial board are measuring public sentiment. If it looks like Miley on the cover or in the magazine = loss of sales and subscribers in the long run those pictures may go in the trash bin.

Elvis Presley

Posted at 10:56 AM on September 8, 2013

SHE SETS A VERY SAD EXAMPLE OF WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO WATCH!!!!!!!!! SHE IS GOING DOWN HILL FAST!!!!!! SHE IS TOTALY OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corrinia williams

Posted at 10:55 AM on September 8, 2013

And I’m 13,I watched her show since I was like 8 or 9!!!but I stopped,when she cut her hair,and became just not miley!!used to think who was better Selena or miley,now I know Selena is better than miley!!”

corrinia williams

Posted at 10:54 AM on September 8, 2013

Its just so sad how she has become.she losing just about everything because of that stupid performance and her self image.I really used to love her all the time,other than wizards of waverly place,Hannah Montana was my favorite show ever!!now I just don’t even want to hear about her no more,what wrong with these TV stars,they just letting go of everything,and starting a whole new self image.she gonna become like Amanda bynes one day,that’s scary!!she need help,like seriously.she trying to be something she not.be yourself miley,stop trying to be sexy for the camera,when u not sexy at all.grinding,stripping,and trying to twerk,does not make u sexy’it makes u nasty!!I hope she changes her act soon,before she just another Amanda!!she even gonna lose her fiance (which I’m happy about)because of this!!now she lost a vogue cover,way to go miley!!was it really worth doing that performance now,do u still not have any rregrets for it?!?I bet she does now.and she will have more regrets,and think twice about what she does or says when she loses liam!!

lol

Posted at 10:50 AM on September 8, 2013

who cares….only boring girls read Vogue after all xD

aquarius64

Posted at 11:12 AM on September 8, 2013

It’s a slap in the face for Miley. Anna Witnour carries a lot of clout in elite social circles, groups that many celebs want to be seen as a member. That includes Miley, despite any Twitter diarrhea she spouts on her page. Witnour has just declared Miley as social trash by this snub; and Miley can forget an invitation to next year’s MET Ball. And before anyone brings up the Kardashians, Kim was at this year’s ball because she was Kanye West’s plus-one. Kanye is a Witnour fave. But Anna got even by having Kim wear that couch cover gown to the ball.

mfan

Posted at 12:40 PM on September 8, 2013

I’ve heard this Marc Jacobs conspiracy theory before. Right or wrong, it is funny. I think you’ll find Vogue stands for women’s empowerment, not slut shaming. The Miley story is looking to be a fabrication that is only out there because a lot of people who were already against her want to believe it.