Fans Petition For Alexis Bledel & Matt Bomer To Star In ’50 Shades’

Wed, September 4, 2013 10:36pm EDT by 65 Comments
Fifty Shades Of Grey Petition
Bauer-Griffin

Things just got heated! Passionate fans of ’50 Shades of Grey’ are refusing to accept the casting decisions for Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. It’s gotten so serious, a petition to recast the roles is now making the rounds on the Internet.

After Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam were chosen to play Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey in the screen adaptation of E.L. James popular erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey, fans were quick to voice their hatred for the casting choices. In fact, the Greysessed masses are so upset that they created a petition calling for close contenders Matt Bomer and Alexis Bledel to take on the roles instead. Read on for all the details!

‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Petition — Fans Want Alexis Bledel & Matt Bomer Cast

The petition on Change.org argues that Matt and Alexis are perfect for the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. Here’s why:

Matt Bomer is the PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIAN GREY AND ALEXIS BLEDEL IS THE PERFECT ACTRESS TO REPRESENT ANASTASIA STEELE and if THEY ARE NOT, NOBODY WILL BE. And I read the whole trilogy and I can assure that Matt is the perfect actor for this movie and Alexis too. So please PLEASE, all of the GREYsessed and Bomerettes in the world NEED those actors. They always will be for us the Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. WE CAN DO ANYTHING GUYS, ANYTHING.

It seems as though they’re making quite a case! The petition reached almost 38,000 signatures as of the evening of Sept. 4.

These all the same die-hard fans who, when the movie was first announced, went so far as to create fake trailers for the film by mashing up old clips of Alexis and Matt. Both stars were flattered by fans’ reactions and extremely interested in playing the parts of Christian and Ana. We can’t help but wonder if they’d still be up for it!

‘Fifty Shades’ Author & Producers Fight Back

Author E.L. James wasn’t thrilled about her readers’ strong reactions. Neither were producers Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca, who firmly stand by their casting decisions — which, by the way, are not up for negotiation.

“There is a lot that goes into casting that isn’t just looks,” Brunetti tweeted on Monday. “Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc, so if your favorite wasn’t cast, then it is most likely due to something on that list. Keep that in mind while hating and keep perspective.”

He does have a point! And who knows? Maybe these two Hollywood newbies will surprise us! After all, there was a time when Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were nobodies too.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Would YOU sign the petition for Alexis Bledel and Matt Bomer, or are you happy with Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam as Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey? Sound off below!

WATCH: ’50 Shades Of Grey’ — Charlie Hunnam Beats Robert Pattinson for Christian Grey Role

– Julianne Ishler

More ‘Fifty Shades’ News:

1. Robert Pattinson Talks ‘Fifty Shades’ Role With E. L. James — Report
  2. ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Movie Release Date Revealed
  3. Sam Taylor-Johnson To Direct ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Movie

Gracie childress

Posted at 3:15 PM on October 17, 2014

I loved the unofficial trailer.
It had more chemistry by a long shot.
Would love to see those group of actors in a similar film. Really disappointed With E.L. James.

Anon

Posted at 4:03 PM on September 5, 2014

I’m happy with the casting , I LOVE the idea of 2 complete nobodies coming out in the movie , I would have hated to see WELL KNOWN Actors play the part because then it takes away from the story line and you’ll just focus on the actors , those who haven’t seen Jamie Dornan in The Fall are just plain ignorant , EL James is the author if she didn’t think they would be perfect then she wouldn’t have casted Jamie and Dakota , keep in mind this is EL James vision , THE AUTHOR OF THE BEST SELLING NOVEL , people haven’t even seem the movie and they’re quick to judge , I’m very please with the current cast . TBH I would have changed Dakota but well see how it goes.

Dominique D'Amato

Posted at 9:02 PM on September 2, 2014

I hate the casting choices! I totally agree 100%that Alexis Bledel should have played the role for Anastasia Steele (and I’ve considered Mila Kumis), as well as In Somerhalder for Christian Grey. Although I feel strongly about my choices I would have settled for Matt Bomer. I do not have a problem with the chosen actors, however, I do not see them fit for their roles at all and I believe the movie will lose many viewers and money over the cast. (I feel this way about the entire cast, not just the lead roles.

Loni

Posted at 4:21 AM on July 26, 2014

I could not care less. Books always leave more to the (kinky) imagination than movies do. Various different movies picturing the same story can also co-exist. We’ll see. Although I have a crunch for Alexis Bledel, wow, what a sweetie.

hannah

Posted at 1:00 PM on June 16, 2014

Matt Bower and Alex is Bledel should absolutely be Christian and Anastasia. They’re the only ones I can picture as the characters, would be perfect. Dakota just does not do it…

SelenaLove4ever

Posted at 8:25 PM on June 14, 2014

I am pleased with Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele because of her view on the character and her role in bringing Ana to life. However, I was not pleased with Charlie Hunnman and am more than glad that Jamie Dornan has taken over and will be playing Christian.

Nawaal Benjamin

Posted at 2:55 PM on April 12, 2014

I think that Alexis bledal and Matt Bomer are the Perfect christan and Anastacia, when people read the book these are the people that readers envision, they really need to change the cast. i think that they would of brought in much more if these actors were casted for the movie, im a fan and i would relly put my money down for these actors. if i had to be casting this would be my list:

Anastacia Steele – Alexis Bledel
Christan Grey – Matt Bomer
Kate Kavanagh – Blake Lively
Elliot – Liam Hemsworth
Jose – Taylor Launtner
Mrs Robinson – Kim Cattrall
Taylor – Jason Statham

im sorry but these actors hands down, would be my choices, i think they really need to take a look at the casting because the might give quite a few dollars out but the what will come in from all over the world would be double even triple the amount. I do hope the one of the memebers who are making this movie see this and take into consideration.

nessa

Posted at 6:59 PM on March 10, 2014

Alexis is too old to play 21. but yes, if she was much younger and shorter she would be perfect. She just has that innocent angelic face. The perfect large blue eyes, and she is just so cute. Its kind of sad looking at what Ana should have looked like, and then now seeing who they actually got. Dakota is not pretty. She looks way too old for this movie, and she has no innocence to her appearance at all. Dakota is just kind of a let down

Paulo Júlio

Posted at 10:54 AM on February 23, 2014

I,m portuguese fan of that trilogy,i prefer Alexis Bledel to run Anastasia Steele,for me is thr right choise and a open door to the enormous success i espect.Matt Bomer is also a right and correct choice. I read all the trilogy and i enjoyed that very much. And the right choice for both papers is Matt Bomer and Alexis Bledel all of people in my country loves that actors,perhaps in europe the right choice is Bomer-Bledel,Grey-Steele.

Natalia

Posted at 3:55 PM on January 26, 2014

Matt Bomer and Alexis Bledel are PERFECT for the roles… I can totally see them being Christian and Anastasia. I have nothing against the other actors who were chosen to play the roles. They are probably great in other movies/shows. But for this movie, they just don’t fit AT ALL, and they are going to ruin the whole movie for the fans (like myself). :( Sorry… I’m being honest.

Alayna

Posted at 5:54 PM on January 13, 2014

I love Jamie just not Dakota- Completely wrong role for her. Sorry…

Marcia

Posted at 11:15 AM on December 4, 2013

EU ACHO QUE MATT E ALEXIS SÃO O CASAL PERFEITO SE NÃO FOR ELES VA SER UMA TRISTEZA VER O FILME .

sharon

Posted at 10:21 PM on December 1, 2013

Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan are not the right actors to play christain and anna we all know that anna has brown hair not blond no chemistry between these two, need to stick with matt bomer and alexes bledel better trailer.

bernadette

Posted at 9:56 AM on November 20, 2013

I am so disappointed that Dakota johnson is playing the role o Anastasia
i always thought Alexis bledel would be the leading role she is perfect for it not dakota she doesnt give off that spark when u read the books alexis bledel does please change the actors and replaced jamie dornan too in my eyes dakota and jamie will never be Christian and anna im sorry too be a pain but yee know im right

Sarah Hyatt

Posted at 8:03 PM on October 16, 2013

Gabriel Macht of suits is a perfect Christian. The female star role should be Thandie Newton

Former50shadesFan

Posted at 8:43 PM on October 16, 2013

He is definitely eye candy!!!!!

Lynn

Posted at 11:20 AM on October 13, 2013

Oh my god who would’nt want Charlie Hunnam as CG he is perfect . I totally see him as CG noone else will do. I want watch if he’s not CG. sorry

Ella

Posted at 12:37 PM on October 8, 2013

Those who signed the petition failed to watch the movie Abandon with Charlie Hunnam. They should check the scenes posted on youtube at the very least… They will remove they signature.

Ariana

Posted at 3:55 PM on September 26, 2013

I’m definitely excited that Charlie Hunnam was cast as CG! I think he’s gonna do wonderful!!! As for Dakota I’m like whatever! I don’t think she’s pretty to play Ana. I would definitely choose Alexis over her! BUT, I’m still excited and anxious for the movie!!! <3

nikki817

Posted at 11:57 PM on October 1, 2013

2 thumbs up Ariana… I agree we should just wait and see…. not so sure a main stream actor/actress would have taken the role if what they say is true about staying true to the books… I prefer them staying true to the books then having to cut things short because the big name actor did not want to preform the scene like it was meant to be…

Evelyn Walker

Posted at 5:09 PM on September 23, 2013

I think it’s terrible that E.L James wont listen more to the readers, since she would be a nobody without all of them.
We are closing in on 85 000, that’s many 0’s.
Reading such a book can be a dramatic thing, since it’s an, uhm, special book – and reading that kind of book is an intimate experience. Obviously you fantasize about the characters in the book, and from my point of view, Bomer and Bledel fits right in whilst neither Hunnam or Johnson fits in – at any point.
People are not forcing anyone to do anything, but fair should be fair and after all, the fans DID help E. L. James.
If the movie doesn’t seem right to me and the actors aren’t right, I will not see this movie – and I know that most part of those 85 000 fans feel the same… and less fans, less money, less publicity and finally E. L. James will just be the slight memory of an author who once destroyed her own work by letting her fans down.
It’s all kind of a “Help me-Help you, Help me-Help you”-situation.

nikki817

Posted at 11:48 PM on October 1, 2013

Seriously have you really seen Matt act… Sorry to say he just not that good, and what is even worst then his acting is the sexual tension he has with female actresses… he is an openly gay actor and great for him to be proud and so open about it but when I see him in just a kissing scene with a girl he is just not in his place … Although it is true he is gorgeous, we really need a real man to play the role of Christian and not a man’s man if you get my drift… Sorry Matt I really do you ya but I am very happy you are not going to play the role of Christian Grey.

susanjackson

Posted at 8:15 PM on October 5, 2013

Charlie Hunnam at least has some good old English acting ability, but she hasn’t got anything.

angelica

Posted at 11:15 AM on January 3, 2014

,They should consider the fact that if they want to make money out of this movie, then they should listen to the viewers. It will be devastating if they dont put Matt Bomer as Christian and Alexis Bledel as Anastasia.

Mary Ellen

Posted at 9:45 PM on September 17, 2013

I think people are overreacting and it’s very silly. you can’t force someone to play a role b/c some people want it. It’s only a big deal b/c people are making it that way. they will get over it when they see the movie I’m sure.

Mary Ellen

Posted at 9:46 PM on September 17, 2013

I would trust the person who created the story and characters before I would trust random readers.

Carole McDowell

Posted at 1:04 PM on September 16, 2013

I think that Matt and Alexis would make a great Christian and Anna. Dont get me wrong Charlie is HOTT! As hell. And Dakota is pretty just not the it girl. I think who ever desided this cast please reconsider.

Honesty

Posted at 4:14 AM on September 16, 2013

I signed the petitition and it has 85,000 signatures if the author does not take this is into account she i dumber than I thought. She needs to realize without these 85,000 people who have read and brought her book she would be nothing. Most people do not even like the content of this book and/or what it represents so she needs to hold on to the little fans she has.

Keegan

Posted at 10:15 PM on September 9, 2013

Charlie Hunnam I’m okay with…. but this Dakota Johnson NO WAY!!!!!! she’s ugly she doesnt even have that sneaky beneath the surface kind of sexiness. She appears way to old to play the role and that’s SAD given her real age, that she looks 35-40 years old. My wife thought she was playing the role of “Mrs. Robinson”. Booooo! Poor choice for a keading lady. Charlie I’m on board with good under rated actor. Dakota F@#! NO! If that’s the case ill wait for it on Redbox she don’t deserve my BOX OFFICE MONEY

ann

Posted at 11:26 AM on September 6, 2013

when I read this book, I thought that no one can interpret Christian but maybe the lalent account but also the image that Charlie has no Christian area. I prefer to abstain to go see the movie for me kept the image I made christian