‘American Idol': Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez & Harry Connick Jr.’s First Pic

Wed, September 4, 2013 11:42am EDT by 10 Comments
American Idol Season 13
Courtesy of Fox

The trinity of judgment has officially assembled! Are you excited for ‘Idol’ to return in January?

Fresh off the confirmation that Keith UrbanJennifer Lopez and Harry Connick Jr. are all officially judging American Idol‘s 13th season, Fox has released the first promotional picture of the three judges in ‘action.’ Not pictured is Randy Jackson, who will be serving as an in-house mentor.

It’s obvious Fox wanted to scale back after last season’s dramatic panel, which seemed to constantly revolve around Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj‘s bitter rivalry. Swapping that cantankerous duo for newbie Harry and veteran J. Lo will certainly ease tensions on set; I can’t imagine either of them threatening to shoot the other. (Yeah, that happened. Never forget.)

HollywoodLifers, do you think Idol found the perfect trio to judge season 13? Analyze the group photo, then drop a comment with your thoughts on the judges!

— Andy Swift

More ‘American Idol':

1. Jennifer Lopez Joins ‘American Idol’ As Third Judge
  2. Harry Connick Jr. Will Be Third ‘American Idol’ Judge
  3. ‘American Idol': Amber Holcomb Announces Pregnancy

Sammie J.

Posted at 2:22 AM on September 6, 2013

smh At least with Mariah and WhatsHerFace there was something entertaining about Idol (because it surely wasn’t the contestants. So now we get to watch J,Lo lip sync a few more times and talk about “goosies” Keith will be the charming southern gentleman he is (that’s no fun) and I honestly don’t know wtf Harry brings to the table. I mean it an attempt to revamp the show they go back to a judge they’ve already had and add a 50 year old crooner! Nice going AI….,I can just see the ratings soar now..all those young girls swooning over Harry. lmao yea right. Another season of idol where they spent more time on judges than any judge with spend with an actually contestant.,

jeanie

Posted at 4:04 AM on October 11, 2013

Are you always so sad?

josh

Posted at 3:33 AM on September 5, 2013

Oh I’m sure Jlo only agreed to come back if she was the only female judge on the panel and to promote herself as usual after all her work flopped this past year. It’s obvious she’s in desperate need to be back on the show. Randy Jackson was the last regular judge standing and now that he’s also out as a judge ( I know he’s a mentor now but it just wouldn’t be the same) I won’t be watching American Idol anymore. R.I.P American Idol

Sara

Posted at 2:41 PM on October 18, 2013

you are sure? how ?
you are such a supid person

jeanmebe

Posted at 1:37 PM on September 4, 2013

I may…MAY start watching AI again. Good judges. Cut out all the drama at the judges table and Idol may get some viewers back.

Mariah

Posted at 12:45 PM on September 4, 2013

This season gonna be the best because if this angel J-Lo
she is the best
keith is good too
i don’t now harry that much.
gonna watch every frame of this season ♥

Jusine Luce (@JusiLuce)

Posted at 2:46 PM on September 4, 2013

I am 100% with what you say! good judge teem <3

NICE

Posted at 12:02 PM on September 4, 2013

Hi,guys. My friends told me about Rìchfìshёs.οrg. She told me it is the best place to meet rich man and hot lady whoever you want. I have tried. It is fantastic. You wanna get laid tonight? Come in and give it a shot, you will find someone you like there. Have fun! You may find me there! ;)

abe

Posted at 11:49 AM on September 4, 2013

and please……………LET IT BE THE LAST ONE!!

Jusine Luce (@JusiLuce)