Dakota Johnson & Charlie Hunnam Cast In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’

Mon, September 2, 2013 4:28pm EDT by 181 Comments
Dakota Johnson Charlie Hunnam Fifty Shades Of Grey
FameFlynet

Niki

Posted at 3:50 PM on September 26, 2013

Dakota is just not right for this role.

LC

Posted at 9:41 AM on September 21, 2013

Dakota looks trashy and will never look virginal
I can’t tell if she looks so old because of her drug past, or if it’s because her facial features aren’t the youthful kind. And Either way this girl is no Ana Steele. They insulted Ana by casting her. No acting can make up for that! She may be perfect for another role, but not this one.
Sorry Team 50, you aren’t convincing me on this one!

Pinks!

Posted at 2:03 AM on September 17, 2013

Nina Dobrev- SOOOOO ANASTASIA STEELE!!!

Pinks!

Posted at 1:49 AM on September 17, 2013

Wow. I have to say.. there’s so many negative responses here. I honestly believe the directors have a good idea of what they’re doing. I mean..who knows, the actors may be a well fit together. I am a huge fan of SOA and I have to say being a person who is not attracted to blondies, Charlie is hot! I believe they chose Charlie not only for his looks but because he is very capable of playing the role of Christian grey. For those who have read the books, would know that Grey is a distrubed young man who finds a woman that ‘cures’ him from darkness to light. Charlie plays a role of being a troubled young man in SOA as Jax teller, who is trying to find himself and where he fits into life. I dont know but I find the characters of Jax teller and Christian Grey kind of the same or similar to one another, PLUS BOTH THEIR CHARACTERS ARE LADY MAGNETS! What I’m trying to say here is that Charlie has played…no IS CURRENTLY playing this character already. He’s a wonderful actor and he is more than capable of playing this role, watch his shows and you’ll see why others can picture him in a hot suit as christian grey!!!!! So stop being haters!!! HATERS! As for Dakota I have to agree with the others, I can’t picture her as sweet, innocent, beautiful, yet suprisingly sexy Miss Steele. I was expecting somebody much younger looking with beautiful colored eyes with a hint of innocence to her.. except I see.. i dont kno what. Who knows maybe they’ll make a great Steele out of her! Can’t wait for the movie!!

btw The Actors who played Bella and Edward in the twilight series sucked! The actors did not fit the characters and they’re acting skills were not so good. Yet they made a lot of money making the movies. Plus the actors got a lot of attention afterwards. So for those who are saying Fifty Shades lost many viewers because of the actors, YOU ARE JUST A PENNY OUT OF A MILL MY FRIEND! THEY’RE GOING TO DO GREAT!! Yay were gonna watch a movie with sex in it :) jk not!

Christine

Posted at 5:12 AM on September 14, 2013

I don’t like them both, I like Ian and cg
Am gonna watch if Ian and cg, I bought the book and I read it, Ian is there on that book and cg

Sam Jones

Posted at 3:43 PM on September 12, 2013

PLUS THIS CHIC HAS TO DYE HAIR DARK (BRUNETTE) WHAT WAS THIS DIRECTOR THINKING??

Sam Jones

Posted at 3:41 PM on September 12, 2013

ALEXANDER SKARSGARD ! PLEASE CHANGE, GET IT RIGHT..

Sam Jones

Posted at 3:38 PM on September 12, 2013

THIS CAST, NO..NO, NO, NO

Sam Jones

Posted at 3:38 PM on September 12, 2013

ALEXANDER SKARSGARD ONLY ! WITH MEAGAN FOX OR AMANDA SEYFRIED OR ALEXANDRA DADDARIO..THE 2 ALEXES ! RATINGS RATIGNS RATINGS !

Sam Jones

Posted at 3:40 PM on September 12, 2013

OOOPS…RATINGS (sorry misspell)

Sam Jones

Posted at 3:35 PM on September 12, 2013

ALEXANDER SKARSGARD. PERIOD. DAM IT

Sam Jones

Posted at 3:34 PM on September 12, 2013

Dotti

Posted at 9:00 AM on September 11, 2013

I don’t agree with the above statement of fresh new face, Charlie Hunnam is the lead character of the Prime time TV series shown all over the world, people know him as Jax Teller, any novice that has seen a single episode will find it hard to imagine him another than a blonde motorcycle gang president ruthless and tough but I think his an amazing actor and love him in SOA and in Pacific Rim, so I would watch him in anything!.. As the lead female she just doesn’t fit the bill at all but that’s the brilliant part of books you use your own imagination just because its being made into a I would still like to have Ian Somerhalder as CG and Alexis Beldel as Ana, back to books til Aug 1 2014 people!…

CharlieFan

Posted at 7:06 AM on September 5, 2013

Charlie is NOT an “unknown” hie is a talented actor with an extensive repitoire of films. All the haters just wanted Rob to play the role.

MMary9

Posted at 4:12 PM on September 4, 2013

Ok let’s see… Talent is important, of course, and in most of the films that come from a book it isn’t necessary that the actors fit exactly into the characters looks… but in this particular case it was REALLY important, because all over the reading EL James describes Christian as a man who is UTTERLY beautiful, perfect face, perfect smile, and even with a “perfect stubble” sometimes, capable of melt nearly 90% of women with just a look. We can’t deny Charlie is good looking, even attractive, but that’s it, he is just good looking, he is not a BEAUTIFUL man, he is not capable of melt most of the women, the prove is all those angry fans, who would have been just disappointed if the selection would have been a man different from their favorite but more close to the character described on the book… and his stubble… everyone knows is uggly, if not, supporters of the choice wouldn’t keep saying razors exist. Dana Brunetti – producer – made some arguments in order to justify why they didn’t select one of the fan favorites, but not even one of the arguments is strong enough: Talent… I’m sure all of the fan favorites are talented… Availavility… I’m sure at least one of them should be able to rearrange their schedules in order to be on the movie… Desire to do it… Most of them said they were willing to do it… Chemistry… I’m pretty sure most of them would have chemistry with any girl the producers would pick… Of course fans of any of the favorites would have been angry if other favorite different than theirs would have been chosen, but now ALMOST ALL of the fans of THE BOOK are angry, and those who are known as “haters” now are most of the people who read the book and who were going to watch the movie… I really think the casting choice is wrong, not just because of Christian being not as beautiful, attractive, sexy and perfect as EL describes him (I’m starting to think she didn’t write it, with all her respect), but also because Ana doesn’t look as young, petite and naive as EL says she is on the book. I’m conscious thisis just my opinion… but also I’m sure this is the opinion of most of real fans of the book… Anyway, I’m looking forward EL and producers prove me and “haters” wrong

Lois

Posted at 7:30 PM on September 4, 2013

Both choices are HARD LIMITS for me!!!!!!!!!

Mary

Posted at 3:29 PM on September 4, 2013

Felicity Jones was offered the role first but declined only because they asked for full frontal nudity! I am so upset because she was so close to being our Ana and now we’re stuck with Dakota Johnson! Ugh. Dakota is not the tiny, delicate, big eyed, pretty featured girl that is Ana Steele. It’s also reported that offers for her part when to other actresses too before Dakota. Same with the role of Christian. Obviously these 2 were not top of the teams list of choices. I can MAYBE warm up to Charlie, but there is nothing they can do to Dakota to make her the Ana Steele in the books. She may play her personality right, dye her hair brown, and have good chemistry with Charlie but that doesn’t change her facial features or her body. Knowing they offered the part to Felicity makes me glad to know that they at least tried to get it right. I still think Garrett Hedlund was a better choice for Christian over Charlie (even though he was never my pick), but he couldn’t commit to the whole franchise. I am so disappointed in who they ended up with. No movie for me.

Felis

Posted at 9:26 AM on September 4, 2013

Fail!

Cedge

Posted at 1:21 AM on September 4, 2013

No, no, no. I don’t see it at all! The guy is not ugly exactly, but his close-set eyes and the blond fuzz is certainly NOT what I pictured when imagining the smoldering and sexy looks of Christian Gray! I’m really surprised and disappointed. May-be with some hair dye for both of them? I don’t know. My enthusiasm just crashed for this project.

Karen Ramos

Posted at 11:14 PM on September 3, 2013

I am super excited about Charlie Hunnam being cast as Christian Grey. The rest of the cast I don’t care about because Anastasia was annoying in the first two books anyway, so I am sure she will come across that way in the film as well. I love SOA and Jax, so I can’t wait!!

Anonymous

Posted at 9:39 PM on September 3, 2013

I’m totally for Ian somerhalder as CG! & Dakota isn’t good enough for Anas role, personally. Either way ill take what I can get!

Lois

Posted at 9:13 PM on September 3, 2013

Obviously this is going to be a LOW BUDGET film

Joyce Gabor

Posted at 9:05 PM on September 3, 2013

Emma Stone would have been so perfect as Anastasia !

Betsy

Posted at 9:02 PM on September 3, 2013

He’s not handsome enough and she’s not innocent looking enough. Fail.

Sam Jones

Posted at 3:44 PM on September 12, 2013

agreed

Margie

Posted at 8:19 PM on September 3, 2013

It’s time to put fresh faces. Even though we see them in tv, it would be nice to see them in a movie. Dakota has exotics and innocence in her face, Charlie has that arrogant but handsome whole ness.

Debby okc ok

Posted at 7:54 PM on September 3, 2013

I think Charlie Gunman is gorgeous, he has the body that Christian Gray should have. And I haven’t heard must about the Johnson girl, but she’s pretty too. They probably had a hard time casting, because most people dont want to do nudity, mush less an S and M movie. I think they made good choice. I love Charlie in SOA. Good Luck, can’t wait…….

Print Industry Review

Posted at 12:28 PM on September 3, 2013

The so-named “Dakota” Johnson is actually another misleadingly named anglo-caucasian media entity who could never fit into the real America, no different than her pretender parents. Since “50 Shades of Grey” is practically unknown and unheard of within America, being a British book, the Americans will never notice or accept its lameness anyway. So what’s the point to all this useless banter?

Brenda

Posted at 3:57 PM on September 3, 2013

I Will NOT go see this movie with them cast!!!!!!!!

Alicia C

Posted at 7:06 PM on September 3, 2013

I totally agree. I am Oober pissed with this decision.

Lois

Posted at 8:43 PM on September 3, 2013

I’m with you both. I certainly will not financially support this when most Fifty Shade fans are disappointed. It’s like they could care less what the fans think. These two actors are not ugly, they just dont fit the roles. Also, I dont appreciate being called a “hater” because I disagree.

guest

Posted at 8:46 PM on September 3, 2013

Remember people didn’t like Rob Pattinson and Kristen and Catherine did and got him the part. Look how that turned out. Give them a chance. They deserve it. He could be the new stud to take Rob’s place.

Lois

Posted at 8:51 PM on September 3, 2013

I never liked Rob or Kristen for the twilight movies. Dont think either of them are attractive but the movie was not based on how attractive either were. Charlie and Dakota will ruin my thoughts of Christian and Anna

Jo