Serena Williams & Sloane Stephens Set For ‘Epic’ US Open Match

Sun, September 1, 2013 1:57pm EDT by 12 Comments
Sloane Stephens Serena Williams US Open
Landov

The old school meets the new school — this is what tennis is all about. After defeating their third round opponents, the veteran champion and the up and coming talented youngster will meet in a huge match at the US Open on Sept. 1.

Not too long ago, Serena Williams, 31, was the young talent in the women’s tennis world, captivating fans internationally and taking down veteran opponents with unprecedented athleticism and power. That person is now Sloane Stephens, a 20-year-old American phenom. So there’s no question that drama will be high when these two face off in the fourth round of the US Open on Sept. 1 at 4 p.m. ET.

Serena Williams & Sloane Stephens Lay It Out On The Court

When the US Open draw was released prior to the tournament beginning, this is the match everyone looked forward to, knowing that if both Serena and Sloane could win their first three matches, they would meet in a tense fourth round.

“As I always say, I think it will be epic,” Sloane told Sports Illustrated. “I’m really looking forward to it. See what happens.”

Besides the obvious parallels between their careers, the match will also be interesting because Serena and Sloane have already cooked up a rivalry — on and off the court. After Sloane upset the favored Serena at the 2013 Australian Open in January, she took her to task in an interview. “They think she’s so friendly and she’s so this and she’s so that — no, that’s not reality! You don’t unfollow someone on Twitter, delete them off of BlackBerry Messenger. I mean, what for? Why?,” Sloane railed to ESPN.

Sloane has also been quoted saying that Serena resorts to mind games to defeat her opponents.

Even though Sloane stated after her third round match on Aug. 30 that all of that drama was water under the bridge, clearly sparks are going to fly when they start shooting 100 mph serves at each other.

It is going to be a dramatic, can’t-miss match. Who do you think will come out on top, HollywoodLifers? The young gun or the experienced champ? Let us know!

WATCH: Sloane Stephens On ESPN After Third Round US Open Win

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Tennis News:

1. Serena Williams Wins The French Open
  2. Andy Murray Wins Men’s Wimbledon Final
  3. Marion Bartoli Wins Women’s Wimbledon Final

buy Thermal Aid

Posted at 8:25 PM on August 20, 2014

The most common sources of contaminated plastic playthings are bathtub knick-knacks,
squeeze toys, or vinyl dolls. Rhino Mart have some
of the best kids toys available, you’ll be able to stock as many as you
can afford at your stall or stockroom, and sell them until they’re all gone, and you have
a nice bit of profit in your pocket. The other vintage toys seen in olden days
were skittles that was played in England from Tudor
times but traces its roots to ancient Egypt. actually they’re
very recent and return to history.

Liliana

Posted at 6:32 PM on August 7, 2014

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re
going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

cheats Deer hunter 2014

Posted at 6:05 AM on July 29, 2014

This is a really good tip particularly to those new to the
blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info… Appreciate your sharing this one.
A must read article!

six-guns coins hack

Posted at 5:16 AM on July 29, 2014

you’re in point of fact a good webmaster. The website loading pace is amazing.

It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.
Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a magnificent
activity on this subject!

hungry shark evolution gems hack

Posted at 5:14 AM on July 29, 2014

Thank you for some other informative web site. Where else
may just I am getting that type of info written in such an ideal way?
I have a venture that I’m simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such information.

six guns hack tool android

Posted at 5:06 AM on July 29, 2014

You really make it appear so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to
be really something that I believe I would by no
means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very extensive for me.
I am taking a look ahead to your next post, I’ll try to get the
hang of it!

toplicence ervaring

Posted at 9:40 AM on December 7, 2013

Hi there, You’ve done an excellent job. I’ll certainly digg it
and personally recommend to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from
this website.

rijschool blik op de weg

Posted at 7:23 AM on September 3, 2013

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. That is a very neatly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely return.

kandylandy

Posted at 10:58 PM on September 1, 2013

my friend’s sister-in-law makes $78 an hour on the internet. She has been fired for 8 months but last month her check was $14025 just working on the internet for a few hours. their explanation…….…….www.ℛush64.COℳ

Macleen Brin

Posted at 9:33 PM on September 1, 2013

☆◀►☆◀►☆My best friend’s sister is making $86 just working for 4-5 hours daily on their computer at home. She was fired from her job before five months but last month her income was $21869 just working on the internet . know more ••►► INFO42.COM ◄◄◄
☢☢☢If I had learned anything in my life about love, it was that they were tenous things that could end at any moment. Caution was essential-but not at the cost of isking your life.

Damn!

Posted at 5:00 PM on September 1, 2013

I love Serena, but I hope Sloane wins.
Lets get some new blood in there.

Merche Villalobos Ardions

Posted at 11:58 AM on September 2, 2013

@Charles…There is no way to do it. Serena Williams is the best!! I found this report about it…. incredible ☻☺♥♥http://goo.gl/7a1HPb♥♥♥☻☺