Harry Connick Jr. Will Be Third ‘American Idol’ Judge

Sat, August 31, 2013 3:21pm EDT by 13 Comments
Harry Connick Jr. American Idol Judge
Courtesy of Fox

Get ready to start seeing the smooth singer sitting next to JLo and Keith Urban! On Aug. 31, multiple reports confirmed that Harry would be taking over as an ‘Idol’ judge. Do you think he’s a good fit?

One day after HollywoodLife.com confirmed that Jennifer Lopez would be returning to American Idol after inking a $17.5 million deal, producers have reportedly found their third and final judge — Harry Connick Jr.!

Harry Connick Jr. Set To Be ‘American Idol’ Judge

The 45-year-old singer, who has won three Grammy awards and sold over 25 million albums worldwide, has been chosen to fill out the judges’ table for Season 13 of American Idol, according to Us Weekly. He will join JLo and Keith Urban while Randy Jackson replaces Jimmy Iovine in the role of mentor to the contestants.

Harry will be the only newcomer on the staff — Jennifer is returning after serving as a judge in 2011 and 2012, while Keith is coming back for a second straight year.

Rumors began to swirl that Harry would become an Idol judge when he proved he had the chops for the job while guest-mentoring on the May 1 episode of Season 12. His willingness to help and genuine personality (and good looks) brought an unmistakable charm to a show that’s been lacking some for a while.

Harry Connick Jr.: A Popular Pick For ‘American Idol’ Judge

And he was very popular with the Season 12 contestants! “I love him,” Kree Harrison told HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “He is so funny. I’ve always been a fan of him.”

“He’s the most honest person I have ever met in my whole life,” Candice Glover added, “so I think he should be a judge this year.”

Looks like Candice got her wish! What do you think about Harry as an Idol judge, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

WATCH: Harry Connick Jr. Talks ‘American Idol’ On ‘Ellen’

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More ‘American Idol’ News:

1. American Idol: Amber Holcomb Announces Pregnancy
  2. Jennifer Lopez & Will.i.am A Lock To Be ‘American Idol’ Judges Next Season
  3. Nigel Lythgoe Confirms He’s Leaving ‘American Idol’

Eva J Walker

Posted at 10:30 PM on March 13, 2014

Harry ought to stick with piano not judging anyone. I remember from a St Paddies Day concert YEARS ago. I liked bim then and still like him now. My birth place is also New Orleans, Louisiana. He brings that back to me, but PLEASE do not let him judge again. I have watched every season of Idol and just during auditions he was not my favorite. It’s just that his face is ALL WRONG. I just feel he is not the judge Idol needs. Just saying!!!!!

Jeremy

Posted at 12:41 PM on December 24, 2013

So two of the three judges cannot sing worth a damn, one of the reasons why The Voice is better Harry Connick Jr is like Fran kSinatra, cannot sing but has a singing career..

Joy Hall

Posted at 8:26 PM on September 2, 2013

Perfect choice!!! I just may watch the new season more!!!

Deborah Armstrong

Posted at 10:18 PM on September 1, 2013

We are so happy that Harry Connick Jr. is going to be a judge on American Idol. If they could get Bret Michaels as a judge too ( Who has already said he is interested) along with Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban they would have the best panel of judges since American Idol began!

mia

Posted at 10:17 AM on September 1, 2013

I am happy about this choice. I think Harry and Keith will have a great rapore and I think that somehow JLo will hold her own (though she is not in their league musically). I feel there will be good, respectful chemistry all around, which should really help the show. Harry is warm and friendly and Keith is everything wonderful that a man can be. Good choice, producers!

cheryl

Posted at 11:05 PM on August 31, 2013

I love Harry Connick Jr and Keith Urban both. And I have no problem with Jennifer Lopez, unlike both women judges last year. I’m looking forward to an interesting Season 13. Like this judges panel a lot!

xcbxcbrgfhturtu475

Posted at 11:02 PM on August 31, 2013

Interested in interracial dating and finding true romance?==== MīxedLuv.com ===is dedicated to helping singles build relationships with those who share common attraction and similar interest. If you think black and white is a beautiful combinations our site is for you. This is a serious Interracial dating services and mixed race dating site dedicated to those seeking real love. For black men dating white women,white men looking for black women.
xcbxbc

abe

Posted at 9:16 PM on August 31, 2013

he can’t Judge his own actions first?
……………..MORON!!

liz

Posted at 8:54 PM on August 31, 2013

I agree that Harry C. will be a good judge; though Keith has provided genuine personality, good looks and charm already. Regardless, they’ve worked hard and long in the entertainment business to get to be where they are today, and they’ll have no trouble keeping JLo in hand. Have a good year everyone; Keith, after last year with Minaj and company, you really deserve it.

Mariah

Posted at 4:53 PM on August 31, 2013

So Excited For This Season
Best American Idol Judge Jennifer Lopez Is There
keith that was great last season is there
and now harry
this panel is great

john

Posted at 4:52 PM on August 31, 2013

You think Idol is going to make JLo a judge after this story by the Human Rights Foundation reveals that pop singer Jennifer Lopez received in excess of $10 million for serenading crooks and dictators from Eastern Europe and Russia, the same dictators United State is going to go to War with in Syria?

Since Jennifer Lopez’s performance at Turkmen dictator Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov’s birthday celebration on June 29, 2013, the media has been saturated with stories about Turkmenistan and “J.Lo.” Lopez publicist Mark Young responded to the media outrage,declaring “had there been knowledge of human rights issues of any kind, Jennifer would not have attended.”

“What those covering this story have missed is that J.Lo and her management have misled her fans and the public,” said HRF president Thor Halvorssen. “J.Lo has repeatedly mingled with and entertained some of the world’s worst thugs and their cronies. The ‘Jenny-from-the-block-who-doesn’t-Google’ clarification may be credible in one instance, but it beggars belief in light of a pattern of repeated behavior. This is not about ignorance, it’s about greed.”

A

Posted at 4:23 PM on August 31, 2013

I AM SO EXCITED! I wanted him to be a judge so badly. He is so funny and will add so much character to the show. I am definitely excited about this judging panel. For once I actually like every person!

Corine J. Dean (@CorineJDean)

Posted at 4:19 PM on August 31, 2013

what Marjorie replied I am dazzled that anybody able to get paid $5697 in four weeks on the computer. Read Full Report… C­­a­­f­­e­­4­­4.ℂ­­ℴ­­ℳ