We told you the crack team of superheroes is coming back for another awesome ‘Avengers’ movie — and now James has officially signed on to play the lead villain!
Ever since the latest Avengers sequel was announced at Comic-Con on July 20, we’ve been dying to know who would play the role of robot villain Ultron. We were so excited to hear that Emmy award-winning actor James Spader will be playing Ultron in Avengers: Age Of Ultron, due out on May 1, 2015. James is an old pro at playing dastardly dudes, so he will no doubt bring a special breed of electronic evil to this role. Read on the find out everything you need to know about his character!
James Spader Is Ultron In ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ — 5 Facts About Villian
1. Ultron is a legendary Avengers villain. Comic aficionados will recognize Ultron, who was the subject of a 10-issue arc in the books. Ultron and his legion of Sentinels tried to take over Earth (obviously), but the best team of superheroes ever assembled definitely had something to say about that.
2. Ultron has daddy issues. Ultron is a living automaton created by Dr. Henry “Hank” Pym, a.k.a. Ant-Man. Ultron hates his “father” and has feelings for Hank’s lover, Janet van Dyne a.k.a. the Wasp.
3. Ultron has a robot wife. Eventually Ultron got lonely and built himself a robot bride named Jocasta to keep him company. Because he was still yearning for Janet, he created Jocasta using artificial intelligence based on Janet’s brain patterns.
4. Ultron comes with upgrades. Ultron has always had the power to rebuild himself as a better, stronger human-killing machine, so don’t be surprised if he acquires new powers!
5. Ultron is the creator of synthezoid Avenger the Vision. Ultron created the Vision to help him destroy the Avengers. But the Vision turned out to be too smart for his “father,” Ultron, and quickly joined forces with the Avengers.
That’s Ultron in a nutshell. We can’t wait to see James bring some life to this robotic role! Our calendars are marked for May 2015. Yes, it is a long ways away, but we can just watch The Avengers a bajillion times more until then! Or watch James play another emotionless jerk in Pretty in Pink!
How about you, HollywoodLifers? Do you think James was a good choice for the part of Ultron?
WATCH: ‘The Avengers’ Trailer
— Tierney McAfee
More ‘Avengers’ News:
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Sequel Announced At Comic-Con
- ‘The Avengers’ Is The Best Superhero Movie Ever
- ‘The Avengers’ Trailer Teaser Is Here And It Looks Great