‘Pretty Little Liars’ Finale Recap: ‘A’ Is Finally Revealed In Ravenswood

Tue, August 27, 2013 9:32pm EDT by 224 Comments
Pretty Little Liars Ezra Is A
Courtesy of ABC Family

taketothesea

Posted at 11:16 PM on August 27, 2013

Why was Ezra/A paying Cece if she was helping Ali?

Amanda

Posted at 11:11 PM on August 27, 2013

I had a feeling it was him. It makes me sad though but makes sense. I thought he was part if it back when the Halloween episode aired last year. The look on his face when Aria was safe. Looked like it wasnt part if his plan. Also he would have been in college when Ali liked him. I dk I hope there is a reasoning behind this. It makes me mad.

abe

Posted at 11:08 PM on August 27, 2013

so join, folks.
THE LADIES ARE IN ALREADY!!

Kris

Posted at 10:52 PM on August 27, 2013

Ezra isn’t A. It is clear that he was the guy at the end watching them buy the costumes and then he goes to the building they came out of and is shocked to find out that A still exists, which is why he slams the door. He isn’t even dressed like A. I mean he was really shocked looking around. Why would A go back to his/her own lair and be shocked at all the pictures. He just followed them because he cares for Aria and he would be stupid not to think something is still going on. I don’t know how I feel about the whole “insight” I think she was paid to say that by A like the little kid in the doll shop who was also “special with powers”. Ali being alive is kind of disappointing, because it makes the whole situation less scary, like death isn’t forever. Also, how could the police or anyone not notice Ali if her picture was plastered all over the town -_-

Melanie

Posted at 11:33 PM on August 27, 2013

That makes a lot of sense actually! I mean they are missing a motive, and honestly sure it makes since that he could be a, but I feel like he wouldn’t be mad about that, if they trashed the layer then yes, but then the coats and stuff It’s so confusing. I really hope he isn’t a

ASEH

Posted at 10:50 PM on August 27, 2013

“Aria went all Xena: Warrior Princess on CeCe” and “The girls eventually found Emily in a sawmill, where “A” and CeCe (Vanessa Ray) had placed the unlucky lesbian in a box.” LMFAO!!!!

Leah

Posted at 10:49 PM on August 27, 2013

I still think Wren may be board shorts and Melissa is in on this. She was there that summer too. I think maybe Ezra just followed Aria and found the lair and was so mad at what he saw. He looked around first so maybe he was angry that someone so dangerous and creepy is after this group of girls that he has come to know so well. Plus, I don’t think they would reveal A yet. There is still at least one more season so it’s too early for the answers. Ali is the only one who really knows. So is cece actually trying to help Ali? There are two teams here and I think Ali’s team is actually trying to save the liars. Multiple times Ali has attempted to save them. And what about this twin they’ve dropped hints about? Does Courtney still play into this? Interesting!

janaya

Posted at 10:47 PM on August 27, 2013

crazy because ive always thought ezra was but wqs never able tovmake sense of it

megan

Posted at 10:43 PM on August 27, 2013

My only issue is that Allison’s “Board Shorts” is supposed to be older. There was always the impression that he was much older, like Wilden older. Ezra would have been a college guy with a high school girl… The age difference really isn’t that bad…

taketothesea

Posted at 9:53 AM on August 28, 2013

he has to be at least 26 now. they are 18. that is a big age difference.
undergrad at 22, masters at 24, 2(?)years in rosewood. = 26

Jacqueline

Posted at 10:43 PM on August 27, 2013

I just want to know if Mona knows Ezra is A because they’ve always kind of led us on to thinking that A was a woman. I also want to know who Mona was talking to when she got caught and went to Radley the first time she said I did everything you asked. I have so many other questions there’s just too much to fathom and i wasn’t really surprised to find out Ali was alive I feel like I’m going to sound like Mrs Grunwald but I just never felt that she was dead. Ugh! that just reminded me of another question who’s body did they find when they thought it was Ali’s and who did they bury. Too many questions not enough answers.

Mike

Posted at 10:40 PM on August 27, 2013

Also for some reason when they showed Ezra I felt really sick… like :( come on, his love for Aria is true! (unless she’s another girl he is obsessed with like Ali)… They need to leave the men dating the girls alone! Anyway he wasn’t dressed like A, he was dressed stealthy cause he was following Aria!

taketothesea

Posted at 10:38 PM on August 27, 2013

Erza is A for sure. It makes so much sense. I feel like I’m the only one that is creeped out by his relationship with his student. I’m wondering if Aria is on his team. Mrs. Grunwald said Ali can’t trust them and Aria got all weird about it. Plus how could Ali let Aria date Ezra when she knew he was A?

megan

Posted at 10:46 PM on August 27, 2013

How messed up would that be??

Ashley

Posted at 10:36 PM on August 27, 2013

i missed out on this episode and i was wondering did aria find out ezras A? i can’t wait to watch it

Kris Love

Posted at 10:49 PM on August 27, 2013

Mike

Posted at 10:36 PM on August 27, 2013

Mrs. Grunwald kind of looks like the actress who is Ezra’s mother… maybe she’s his grandmother? and she would know how dangerous he really is? I mean his mother did try to get rid of one pregnancy and maybe Ali is another… anyway this isn’t true I hope, because then (unless it was all a game) why would A threaten to tell Ezra who is A that he has a child… unless he is psychotic and just playing everyone… the man writes poetry! He isn’t A…like the comment ezrA said, he probably just followed her and found out that A still exists! I mean did you see him looking around shocked… it wasn’t like “EF the girls were here…” which duh cause someone was watching them… it was more “OMG this A is still exists!” I think Wren is a creepy man, I want him to be A cause I love Spencer with Toby <3!

amandA

Posted at 10:34 PM on August 27, 2013

I think Jake is actually board shorts and Ezra suspects it… So he follows them and is mad when he sees the room. Why would he stand begins the wall and watch them… Come back later… NOT in a hoodie and flip out. It doesn’t make aense for ezra to be a… It makes sense for.jake because we dont know his back story at all. Remeber emily said allie wanted that shirt because ahe had a date with an older man… Could be Jake. I’m going to have to read the books!

Libby

Posted at 10:30 PM on August 27, 2013

I just watched the episode and I’m not 100% sure Ezra is A however there are some clues from previous series that could make him look guilty.

The thing I don’t get is that there was a picture of Ezra on the wall in the lair, and I feel like if he were truly A wouldn’t he avoid adding pictures of himself?!

Also to add to it, why would the reveal who A was and than have the last clip of the episode showing someone behind a mask, hence the mystery continues on.

But at the end of the day ‘anything is possible in rosewood’

ashley

Posted at 10:27 PM on August 27, 2013

So who’s body was supposedly Allison’s that Emily dug up? So many questions I have! If she is alive who’s body was it that they found at Alis/mayas house season one episode one?

L

Posted at 11:19 PM on August 27, 2013

Their using the twin theory.But,they dont want us to know at all.

megan

Posted at 10:23 PM on August 27, 2013

If A is Ezra… holy cheese cake… he has WAY to much free time on his hands. He needs to get a puppy… and a therapist.. possibly three therapists…

Ashleigh

Posted at 10:10 PM on August 27, 2013

Lucy admitted in the chat on abc family that he was A, and that Ian didn’t even know it until they read it. But i just don’t see how he would be able to send the texts about him and Aria if he was really A? I mean if he had been turned in he wouldve been in prison. that wouldve ruined it all. the rest of season 4 better make more sense and explain it all.

Pahina

Posted at 10:13 PM on August 27, 2013

But remember all the people A recruted? And what i would like to know is where is Mona’s head at!!

megan

Posted at 10:27 PM on August 27, 2013

Well they said that about Toby… They kept saying he was the evil A not trying to protect the girls and well look where we are now!?! I just don’t see the motive the Ezra would have against Alison. She turned down?? Said he had a funny hair cut.. He has a flabby body?? What??

Pahina

Posted at 10:10 PM on August 27, 2013

OMg never say that coming!! AHH! when I saw ezra A.K.A Board shorts i got shivers and almost starting crying!! (dont judge me!) and Ali is alive!! AHHHHH!! :3

Ashleigh

Posted at 10:08 PM on August 27, 2013

I just cant understand how ezra could try to KILL aria?! If he’s been A then he was behind it all, the train, the texts, the pictures…I’m just in shock! This just ruins it all, that first day in the bar he knew who she was..he never cared about her </3 ruins the entire show.

Sara

Posted at 10:34 PM on August 27, 2013

Oh please….he’s a pedophile. Get over it.

ezrA

Posted at 10:07 PM on August 27, 2013

I’m still confused! Is Ezra really A?? Or was he reacting to that way at the end because he realized Aria has not been honest with him about everything going on. Maybe he followed Aria and the girls to Ravenswood and was angry when he saw the lair. Just an idea. Help me out here. Why would “A” a supposed guy trying to find Ali be using the pretty little liars to lead them to her. Isn’t it “A’s” clue that brought the girls to Ali??! I love this show but I’m lost!

Pahina

Posted at 10:15 PM on August 27, 2013

Wow i never thought that Ezra could just be just following Aria, Maybe he thought about how much she lied to him about A… huh… BUT then why did Cece protect emily?

megan

Posted at 10:20 PM on August 27, 2013

That is actually a good thought!! I’m hoping that’s the case. Like we thought Toby was on the A team for evil but he was there for good. Hopefully Ezra just followed them saw the room and was angry! Or he can be a victim of A himself and just wanted answers. Or he could be the A boss.

Bree Marie

Posted at 10:07 PM on August 27, 2013

It isn’t Ezra, in the preview for the October episode he is standing with the girls. That wouldn’t make sense if he was “A.”

Kelly

Posted at 10:35 PM on August 27, 2013

Unless they still don’t know in the clip you saw.
Think.

Jordan Carol Hope Carpenter

Posted at 10:02 PM on August 27, 2013

I will alaways love ezar

sasha

Posted at 10:02 PM on August 27, 2013

Ezra isn’t A. He can’t be. Would the ruin the most popular pairing. And besides that final scene could be taken many ways.

Billy bob

Posted at 10:33 PM on August 27, 2013

In the live chat video thingy she says that arias a mess when she figures out hes a

Cindy

Posted at 9:48 PM on August 27, 2013

I don’t know how I knew but the second the girls opened and showed the 4 suits I said omg it’s Ezra. I can’t even deal so much happened. This is why I love pll.