’16 And Pregnant’ Star Nikkole Paulun Reveals Tragic Miscarriage Story

Tue, August 27, 2013 3:49pm EDT by 20 Comments
Nikkole Paulun Miscarriage
Courtesy of Facebook

How tragic! On July 28, Nikkole found out the baby she had been carrying for more than eight months didn’t have a heartbeat. Read on for more details.

16 And Pregnant star Nikkole Paulun has just gone through every expectant mother’s worst nightmare — the death of her baby. Now she’s coming forward to tell the heartbreaking story about how she had to deliver her stillborn son — whom she had already named Ashton — just one month before her due date.

Nikkole Paulun’s Miscarriage — ’16 And Pregnant’ Star Reveals Her Tragic Story

On July 27,  a very pregnant Nikkole had a feeling that something was not right inside of her, Radar Online reports.

“Everything was going okay and last month, my doctor told me that if everything was okay, I could deliver on Aug. 25, which was a week before my due date,” Nikkole says.

“But then on July 27, I felt really weird all day and I kept telling my mom something didn’t feel right.”

She went to the hospital the next day, thinking doctors would soothe her fears — but instead she got some horrifying news — her baby had died. “They just told me, ‘We’re sorry. He doesn’t have a heartbeat. We’re going to have to deliver to prevent infections and everything,'” Nikkole says.

A heartbroken Nikkole delivered her stillborn son, Ashton, later than day. “I cried. I was like in shock,” Nikkole recalls. “I just couldn’t understand why and I was confused. I didn’t think that was actually going to happen.”

Poor Nikkole! This is so incredibly sad, and it will probably take her a long time to get over this horrible loss. Our hearts go out to her.

Nikkole Paulun’s Stillborn Son Gets An Autopsy — Did Drugs Kill Him?

Nikolle was so devastated after delivering her son that she didn’t even want to find out what caused his death. “They gave me the chance to get an autopsy, but I chose not to,” she says. But doctors insisted on testing the baby to make sure he didn’t die because of drug use.

“When he was born, they took him and they drug tested him to make sure I didn’t do drugs and kill him,” Nikkole says. The drug tests were negative.

Until now, Nikkole has been too afraid to share the story of her baby’s death with the public. “I fought so hard to keep him that I was just ashamed and embarrassed,” she says.

Of course she had to tell her son, Lyle, 3, that his little brother didn’t survive. “We just told him that he went to heaven,” Nikkole says. “But he didn’t really understand.”

Nikkole decided to have Ashton cremated because she wasn’t ready to have a funeral — but she did find a special way to keep Ashton close to her heart.

“When I found out he was a boy, I bought a teddy bear and we had him sewed inside his teddy bear,” she says. “And when I pray, I’ll hold the teddy bear.”

Nikkole’s story is so tragic, but she is so brave to share it with the world! Although she will never forget Ashton, we hope Nikkole will feel better soon.

WATCH: Nikkole Paulun Reveals Her ‘Pregnancy Belly’

– Tierney McAfee

More ’16 And Pregnant’ News:

1. ’16 And Pregnant’ Recap: After 10 Hours of Labor, Hope Delivers Baby Through C-Section
  2. ’16 And Pregnant’ Recap: Myranda Struggles To Be A Mom And Have A Relationship With her Mother
  3. ’16 And Pregnant’ Recap: Tyler Bails On Jordan & Chase

Gorgie

Posted at 7:27 PM on November 4, 2013

I bled for one day after the birth of my twin babies and the same for my miscarriage I just had heavy messed up periods for a year or so after so she could be telling the truth and how the hell do you explain the bump photos where it is clearly her stomach and the video above these comments which is clearly her 14 week baby belly I buy it.. some of you are clearly simple minded idiots who are looking for an argument how sad! Poor Nikkole maybe she not said anything or shared the story earlier because it was too painful.. give the girl a break jeez!

Rd

Posted at 5:44 PM on January 31, 2014

No fool

Sara

Posted at 6:50 PM on September 5, 2013

for those who actually believe she had a stillbirth,please keep in mind that radaronline does NOT fact check.

honey

Posted at 12:32 PM on August 28, 2013

Hey Dbags at Hollywood life. She DID NOT HAVE A MISSCARRIAGE. Her son was stillborn. HUGE difference.

Check it out

Posted at 11:11 PM on August 27, 2013

I took a look at her twitter and it all seems kinda odd. There is no way she delivered a still born and a few days later went to a music festival. Physical and emotional she would need time to recover from the birth. I call bs

courtney

Posted at 6:37 AM on November 19, 2013

You have obviously never had a stillbirth. I’ve had one and four days later I was shopping, developing my daughter’s pictures and going back to the hospital for a memorial service and handling all of my daughter’s funeral arrangements. These births are like any “normal” birth. You just bleed like you’re having a period is all. If you’ve not had a csection the pain isn’t that bad. You just kinda feel like you’ve sat on a corncob, lol. Other than that, I didn’t have much pain after my birth. I was up and walking, dressed and sitting in the hospital rocking chair rocking my baby, going to the bathroom on my own, etc.

Rd

Posted at 5:45 PM on January 31, 2014

No moron

Lauren

Posted at 9:28 PM on August 27, 2013

So unbelievably sad. And she was getting attacked for faking her pregnancy. Nikkole seems like a genuine girl. What would she have to gain for lying about it? This isn’t Jenelle who lies about everything. Stay strong Nikkole & Lyle.

Briana

Posted at 8:22 PM on August 27, 2013

praying she’s ok emotionally, working at an ob/gyn office i have seen the devastation that a mother goes through when she has a miscarriage even worse a stillborn, and if she is lying all i can say is be careful what u say cause it could become a reality

nikki

Posted at 7:44 PM on August 27, 2013

I call bs.. this girl was at an MGK festival I attended 4 days later in a bikini & drinking beers.

courtneylwilliams33

Posted at 6:42 AM on November 19, 2013

I’ve had a stillbirth and you definitely can be up and around within a few days if you’ve not had a csection. Stillbirths are no different from any other normal deaths. You have minimal pain and recovery is pretty quick. Your bleeding is like that of a period. I’ve had a stillbirth and I was back to business as usual within a few days because usually they keep you for a few days after and then you recover at home for a few days. You very well could have been seeing her within a week or two of the birth. And yes, you can drink beer while not pregnant. Especially if she didn’t have any pain and didn’t need pain medication. I don’t know what you think these births are. Your recovery is quick. I did shopping, doctor’s visits, memorial service, a stop in to get my daughter’s pics developed, picking out my daughter’s grave site, and visits to the funeral home to make her arrangements. I didn’t have a problem. If you’ve not ever had a stillbirth then you should be really really careful about saying ANYTHING to a stillbirth mom. If you can’t be part of her healing, do her a favor and don’t add to her grief, especially when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Rd

Posted at 5:46 PM on January 31, 2014

Still a moron

Khaleesi

Posted at 7:07 PM on August 27, 2013

I’m from monroe and she definitely had a flat tummy every time I saw her working behind the cash register at a local party store this summer. Also, this story would have been in our paper if it were true. If you don’t believe me, search for it at monroenews.com. We have had locals on other reality shows (Biggest Loser) and few years ago we were on Oprah. I’m only saying this because it would be the talk of the town and on the front page if it were true. This is quite concerning that this girl would create a story like this.

Mandy Elizabeth

Posted at 12:32 AM on August 28, 2013

Huh? A newspaper can’t share stilbirth news. That’s a huge HIPAA violation.

Amy

Posted at 8:41 AM on September 4, 2013

Newspapers can share whatever they want…hospitals can’t. That would be a HIPAA violation.

Ryan

Posted at 5:54 PM on August 27, 2013

Don’t buy it at all no way couldn’t be out partying wearing a bikini after a delivery you bleed for weeks who would be still on twitter updating everyday and never once seem upset about her dead baby bunch of bull she had to get her story straight and she also lied about MTV filming her she’s abjoke

LIJ09

Posted at 10:30 AM on August 31, 2013

Are you a medical professional? Have you ever even given birth? Lots of people don’t “bleed for weeks”. I have no idea if this girl’s story is true or not, but please stop posting inaccurate medical information.

EF

Posted at 7:41 PM on August 31, 2013

Not really at all

Lorraine

Posted at 5:46 PM on August 27, 2013

sorry don’t buy it. the day she was delivering her stillborn son she was tweeting all day. then 6 days later shes cliff jumping and camping in a bikini, everyone morns diff but the after birth cramps and bleeding is awful not to metion a very high chance for infection. even her family never believed she was really pregnant and her ultrasound on her fb were proven stolen.

Idk

Posted at 5:19 PM on August 27, 2013

So sad. I don’t like her and think she is very immature but no one shoukd have to suffer the lose of a child. I wish her the best of luck in her recovery