The ‘Glee’ hottie’s red carpet look was so fierce for the Aug. 25 MTV VMAs. What do YOU think of her sexy hair? We’ve got the complete breakdown of her hairstyle directly from her hairstylist so YOU can recreate her look yourself!
Naya Rivera‘s silky hair looked so striking at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. Celebrity Stylist Clyde Haywood explains that Naya’s outfit was a major inspiration for her hair look. “Her dress was an inspiration for her Super Sexy 70′s vibe. With peek-a-boo cutouts & cool gold inserts, we collaborated to go for a modern day Cher look.” The modern update is definitely sexy!
Naya Rivera’s MTV Video Music Awards Look
Naya looked so sexy at the VMAs, and her sleek hairstyle is easy to snag for yourself! Celebrity Stylist Clyde Haywood reveals the steps taken to craft Naya’s gorgeous style, and recommends the following steps from Wella to make her style your own:
1. Start with clean freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
2. Use a generous amount of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to damp hair (about 5 pumps). Apply 1 inch from roots and adding more of the product further down the lengths.
3. Part hair down the middle and blow dry each section using a large round brush to create a smooth sleek finish. Apply tension with the brush at the roots and loosen the tension as you dry to the ends of the hair.
4. Once dry, spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz (about 10 sprays) and rough dry with blow dryer to fatten the hair and give it a super chunky texture. Spray product in hands and tousle to enhance layers and give bangs a sexy little jut.
5. Mist entire look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray and you’re ready for the red carpet.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Would you try out Naya’s sleek hair?
– Kristine Hope Kowalski
More MTV VMAs Beauty News:
- Lady Gaga’s MTV VMAs Beauty: Singer Debuts New Black Hair
- Selena Gomez’s MTV VMAs Hair & Makeup — Sleek Hair & Winged Liner
- Taylor Swift’s VMA Hair & Makeup — Retro Curls & Bold Red Lips