The singer wore her hair in wispy loose waves at the Aug. 25 MTV VMAs. Learn how to recreate Ellie’s tousled look with tips straight from her hairstyling team!
Ellie Goulding looked breathtaking on the red carpet of the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. Her lovely waves never fell flat! Do YOU love her breezy style? Here’s how you can copy her totally wearable look with a total style breakdown ripped right from the event’s glamorous red carpet!
Ellie Gouldings‘s MTV Video Music Awards Look — Pro Tips To Get Her Loose Waves
Sarah Potempa‘s team styled Ellie’s hair for the MTV VMAs. The powerful singer’s hair was a great combination of straight and wavy, thanks to Sarah Potempa’s innovative “blow out” attachments. How do you get Ellie’s full waves from a flat iron? These attachments loosely straighten hair to maintain some of the wave, body, and volume!
1. Apply a volumizing product, like Aussie’s Spray Gel, to damp hair.
2. Loosely blow dry while twisting pieces away from the face to add texture.
3. Using the Sarah Potempa Ceramic Styling Iron, roll hair over the “blow out” attachments to create volume and texture.
4. Spray flexible hairspray all over to give definition in the hair.
With a flick of the wrist, you can use a styling iron to add some body to limp strands. You can also use Sarah Potempa’s famous BeachWaver rotating styling iron to add some waves to your hair — just leave the bottom 2 inches of your hair out of the curling iron when you clamp it around your strands to create bends in just the middle of the hair.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Would you try out Ellie’s loose waves?
– Kristine Hope Kowalski
More MTV VMAs Beauty News:
- Becky G’s Colorful MTV VMAs Nails — Get Her Look On Mani Monday
- Rihanna’s MTV VMAs Hair & Makeup — Spikey Retro Mullet & Red Lips
- Lady Gaga’s MTV VMAs Beauty: Singer Debuts New Black Hair