Taylor Swift: Did She Diss One Direction At The MTV VMAs?

Sun, August 25, 2013 11:15pm EDT by 71 Comments
One Direction Taylor Swift Diss
AP/Invision

M.

Posted at 4:13 PM on August 28, 2014

Maybe this is old, but I’ve been looking up this story among some others.
I’m a fan of both’s music, Taylor’s and 1D’s, so I’m trying to be objective.

1- you can’t possibly tell what exactly she was saying by this clip. One can only guess. And most people will see what they want to see.

2- I knew you were trouble is most likely not about Harry, and even if it were, Taylor writes all her songs about some guys and he most likely knew about this danger when he got together with her and it’s not like she did it especially for this one guy.

3- So let’s say she said the bad thing; she was clapping politely and then, she whispered the thing discreetly to her best friend.
Maybe there are people who are besties with every of their exes, but if someone who was never annoyed when their latest ex and his/her friends are being all cool again – this person may cast the first stone at her. And – honestly, no offence – but let’s guess what Harry and company talk about her when they think there isn’t a camera aimed at them.
Come on, it’s not like she accused of murder – she just might have secretly cursed. She is just human, too!

it looks like she said both

Posted at 4:22 AM on February 15, 2014

if you look its like she said both at the same time and look at Selena’s expression what do you think her expression and what do you think taylor said ?

HatersGonnaHateTaylorSwiftisAwesome

Posted at 8:49 AM on October 1, 2013

she didnt say shut the fuc* up. she said sorry about my arm. watch the video again. when taylor supposedly says stfu, watch her mouth and think “sorry about my arm”. the movement of her mouth is the same. t

HatersGonnaHateTaylorSwiftisAwesome

Posted at 8:51 AM on October 1, 2013

oh and thats the way she talks. so learn your facts before going one way. stop think and do.

HatersGonnaHateTaylorSwiftisAwesome

Posted at 8:52 AM on October 1, 2013

and the video stopped just as Taylor finished talking, so it would show a “sour face”. i bet if we take a photo of you just finished talking with your mouth still open, you will have a sour face too. good day.

Godiva

Posted at 9:51 AM on September 1, 2013

I am not a fan of Taylor but I am pretty sure she’s saying sorry for my arm.

Logic

Posted at 3:24 PM on August 29, 2013

Umm like Taylor confirmed I knew you were trouble was about Harry in an interview so yeah get your facts straight

Desmond

Posted at 8:22 AM on August 28, 2013

You know she could be saying shut the fudge up towards the screaming fans. I know I was. They hurt my ears.

Emmy

Posted at 12:59 AM on August 28, 2013

Also, who was ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ about? If all you Swifties are so smart, please share your knowledge about who this song was about. Because I’m pretty sure it’s about Harry Styles since I highly doubt it was about Connor Kennedy or Jake G. I’m hoping that all of her exes will come together and write a song about her and make a video talking about her.

Emmy

Posted at 12:52 AM on August 28, 2013

Stop trying to stick up for her. You can clearly tell she was saying shut the f*ck up and by her facial expression as well. Taylor Swift is an attention whore and wants make all of her exes look bad and make herself look good. At least Harry Styles has te decency to not make any comments about her and not make remarks about her when ever he’s doing something. Unlike her who takes every chance she can get to say something. At least Harry can be mature and she has to act like a child about things. No wonder her relationships last for three months. Every guy either gets bored or realizes she’s clingy and they want out knowing that they’ll get song about them. Taylor Swift should just stop.

Niamh Beament

Posted at 5:25 PM on August 27, 2013

Even if I knew you were trouble wasnt writren abour Harry then who did she call out when she got the award that she didnt deserve.

Haley Swift

Posted at 12:15 PM on August 27, 2013

Please know it all idiots.
1- Taylors song I knew you were trouble was writtin months before her and harry dated.
2- She was saying sorry for my arm for elbowing Selena.
3- Look her up on youtube you can see her clapping happily the whole time one direction was on stage.
4- They took pictures together (including harry with taylor) after the show.

Hollywood will try to distort everything to try an attempt to cause drama. Your stupid enough to believe it retards.

katie

Posted at 10:55 PM on August 28, 2013

How do you exactly that she said “sorry about my arm” or whatever? Were you sitting next to her? That’s just what her people are saying of course. It sure looks like she says shut the f up. If she was just saying sorry for my arm then why would she have that snotty look on her face?

Jas

Posted at 8:57 PM on October 9, 2013

And how do you exactly know that she said stfu? Were you sitting next to her?

allison

Posted at 9:52 AM on August 27, 2013

If she was saying sorry for my arm, why was Selena laughing?? It’s old news-move on

Maya

Posted at 1:51 AM on August 28, 2013

That doesn’t even sound like it some of us agree on she said shut the f***up but what I want did she say that because selena said she won’t get that award or is it because she saw 1D

noura

Posted at 3:10 AM on August 27, 2013

she did not say “shut the f*** up” but she said “sorry my arm” to selena

HELEN

Posted at 4:58 AM on August 27, 2013

Of course not!!!!!She said ”shut the f**** up” and we know that!!!!!!

allison

Posted at 9:51 AM on August 27, 2013

wrong! watch the tape!

Lily

Posted at 11:39 PM on August 28, 2013

do you REALLY believe that?
Or are you just incredibly biased.
You can see she has a sour look on her face and she enunciated the f and k so you could see her mouthing it clearly.
I have nothing against swifties but please know when you’re wrong and so is taylor.

Mona

Posted at 9:05 PM on August 26, 2013

Either way Taylor Swift is a bitter ex who clearly isn’t mature enough for a relationship based on the way she’s acting.

skylar

Posted at 6:04 PM on August 26, 2013

She is an idoit all she wants is attention

HELEN

Posted at 4:59 AM on August 27, 2013

yeah!!!

SophiaRobyn

Posted at 12:50 PM on August 26, 2013

Either way if she falls off the face of the earth then that would be heaven for me

paula

Posted at 12:07 PM on August 26, 2013

Guys come on. She was moving her arm away from Selena’s back. She said “sorry for my arm ” And second go to youtube and put taylor swift and there is a video of her clapping the whole time when one direction wins their moon man. Dont you guys get it? Hollywood tries to make the stars look back and make up a whole new story when its not even true … And I knew you where trouble was written way before harry and taylor dated. You cant believe everything on the internet ….

Salina

Posted at 2:27 PM on August 26, 2013

I knew you were trouble was def written before her and harry broke up so that song was not inspired by harry. The media is insane and will do anything for a story. Seriously , you can’t believe anything you read or hear about a celebrity . Just enjoy what they have to offer and if you don’t like it that’s fine, just don’t talk trash.