‘Short Term 12′ is an honest and stark portrayal of life both living and working in a foster home. Here are the five reasons why you must go see this movie!
Brie Larson, John Gallagher Jr. and Kaitlyn Dever are just three of the many wonderful actors who make up the cast of Short Term 12, Destin Daniel Cretton‘s independent film about the harsh reality and emotional turmoil of living and working in a foster care facility. Watch the trailer here.
‘Short Term 12′ Review — Five Reasons To See This Movie
1) Brie Larson — Brie plays Grace, a care giver at the Short Term 12 facility, who’s dark past haunts her. Clearly having a troubled childhood herself, Grace forms deep bonds with some of the children, including Jayden.
2) John Gallagher Jr — Newsroom star John takes on a different role by playing Mason, Grace’s co-worker and boyfriend. Mason has a big heart and his sense of humor brightens the otherwise grim reality that is the foster home.
3) Rami Malek — Rami is a fish out of water as Nate, a newcomer who perpetually puts his foot in his mouth. The best parts of the movie are his one liners, where he awkwardly blurts out the wrong thing.
4) Kaitlyn Dever — Kaitlyn plays Jayden, a young girl who causes big trouble at the center. She and Grace form a deep bond due to their similar backgrounds.
5) Keith Stanfield — Marcus, played by Keith, is one of the most complicated characters at the centre. At nearly 18-years-old he is due to leave Short Term 12, but his feelings about it are mixed.
What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Will you go see Short Term 12?
— Eleanore Hutch