Rachel Zoe Confirms ‘The Rachel Zoe Project’ Is Over

Thu, August 22, 2013 12:41pm EST by 8 Comments
Courtesy of Capitol File

The stylist confirms that her Bravo show will not be returning. Are you sad ‘The Rachel Zoe Project’ is over for good?

While rumors swirled that The Rachel Zoe Project would not be renewed after the lowest ratings ever during season five, Bravo insisted that it wasn’t cancelled — but now Rachel Zoe is setting the record straight about the end of the show! It turns out the stylist herself thinks it’s time for everyone to move on.

‘The Rachel Zoe Project’ Is Over:

“We’ve done five years. I think it’s time to probably move on…,” the stylist tells Capitol File magazine in it’s September cover story.

She goes on to explain, saying, “The Rachel Zoe Project was meant to be a show solely based on fashion and designers and all of that, and clearly it wasn’t,” she continued. “I was like, ‘Oh, I don’t want my personal life on television.’”

While the first few seasons of the show were strong, focusing on styling major a-listers, Rachel is right. The past few seasons have gone off topic — and we don’t blame Rachel for not wanting to have a lot of her personal life on the show.

Although it’s sad news for fans, Rachel managed to build a fashion empire in the past five years — and there’s no doubt about the fact that the show made her a household name.

Rachel may be walking away from reality TV but she hasn’t turned her back to the small screen for good. In fact, her and her hubby are currently in talks with NBC to develop a sitcom based on her life.

What do you think? Are you sad to hear that the show is officially over?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

More Rachel Zoe Project News:

1. Rachel Zoe & Son Skyler Berman Shop Til’ They Drop — Cute Pic
  2. Jaime King Makes An Appearance On ‘The Rachel Zoe Project’ Premiere
  3. Jennifer Lawrence — Radiant In Red On ‘LIVE’

Jill dominey

Posted at 1:22 AM on November 3, 2014

I am soo disappointed. My daughter and I watched it for ifive years. We adored it. Fashion is so exoting and her exzuberence made it so much more fun. We will miss you rachrl and thanks for all the buzz words u gave us when something was so over the top fabulous you had to desicribe the undescribable. It was like shopping with my friends that can understand the awesomeness n such a high level that the only thing to say was…shut the frn door.

Katherine

Posted at 3:09 AM on May 28, 2014

Sorry it is over. I could do without hearing the word “literally” again for a good lone while, but I did enjoy the show; and Rachel Zoe was RIGHT about her maxi dresses. There is a huge market out there for maxi dresses. Department store need to stop having all their buying decisions made by 39-year-olds or younger, and remember the generation with them most cash is the babyboomer generation. Boomer women wore maxis all of the time when they were hippies and young fashion mavens and would love to have them again, only much nicer because they can afford it more compared to when they were young. Too many dresses are way too short, and with 80% or more really short, those immature, foolish buyers are ignoring the consumers with the most cash to spend. Just stupid. So, Rachel Zoe should open her own boutiques if the big department stores are too stupid to grab what she is designing.

Katherine

Posted at 3:10 AM on May 28, 2014

That should have said “a good long while” and “30-year-olds.”

polly

Posted at 9:42 PM on March 4, 2014

confuses, don’t want you life on tv, so have a sitcom based on your life?

Ricky Dee

Posted at 11:37 AM on January 30, 2014

Once she had a baby, it was clear that the fashion driven meme was over. Still would watch, and will miss the show!

Rita

Posted at 4:06 AM on September 2, 2013

Yes, I am extremely sad that the show is over. I was anticipating on the new season to learn more from the impeccable Rachel Zoe. She is one of the people that inspired me as a fashion student. I appreciated her show because it was very informative, motivating, and innovating. There are not a lot of fashion shows out there. Her show was something that I was eagered to watch.I hope her new show will still have her do what she do best. I would like to say thank you to Rachel Zoe for all of her time and mentoring advice.

Ginger

Posted at 9:29 PM on August 23, 2013

I love her
show and am sorry to hear its not returning! So , I just bought some of her shoes ;)

chicy

Posted at 1:44 PM on August 22, 2013

Looking at her makes me ill. She has to be negative 0. That couldn’t be healthy.