Liam Payne Slams Haters For Dissing His Girlfriend Sophia Smith On Twitter

Wed, August 21, 2013 11:57am EDT by 46 Comments
Fameflynet/Twitter

Liam is absolutely shocked that One Direction fans are dissing his relationship with Sophia Smith, so he went on Twitter to slam the haters! Read on for his tweets and tell us if you agree with him!

Liam Payne is not amused! The 19-year-old posted two intense messages on Aug. 21 over the hate mail he’s received on social media over his new relationship with his childhood friend, Sophia Smith. Liam told his fans that if they don’t have anything nice to say then “f**k you.”

Liam Payne Defends Dating Sophia Smith On Twitter

The two attended the premiere of the This Is Us film on Aug. 20 and they looked so happy together. So it was a total surprise to read Liam’s angry tweets the next day. We don’t blame him at all for defending Sophia at all, in fact, it’s very honorable of him and shows how much he cares about her.

“Always sad to get on here to read horrible stuff about someone you care about,” he tweeted. Then he followed up that tweet with another that read: “There is that old saying tho if you ain’t got sh*t nice to say then f**k you.”

This is a strong message to all of the One Direction fans and clearly he felt it was necessary.

We told you that Liam and Sophia are totally smitten with each other. He even recently flew her to LA to watch One Direction perform. The two have known each other for a long time. They went to school at St. Peter’s Collegiate School in England, and she reportedly had turned him down 22 times!

Sounds like he’s been working to get this girl for years and he’ll defend this relationship to the end!

Liam’s Bandmate Zayn Malik Gets Engaged

In the midst of this madness, there is some light! Liam’s One Direction bandmante Zayn Malik and his girlfriend Perrie Edwards are engaged. Their rep confirmed to HollywoodLife.com the exciting news with this statement:

“Zayn and Perrie are engaged, but any further detail regarding their relationship is private.”

HollywoodLifers, sound off below and tell us what you think of Liam defending Sophia on Twitter!

WATCH: 1D’s Liam Payne Dating Childhood Crush Sophia Smith

— Chloe Melas

More Liam Payne Dating News:

1. Liam Payne’s Girlfriend Made Him Almost Quit One Direction? — Report
  2. One Direction’s Liam Payne Dating Leona Lewis? — 1D Singer Bashes Reports
  3. Liam Payne & Girlfriend Danielle Peazer Break Up — Split Report

Crazt Mofo

Posted at 12:14 PM on August 29, 2013

she’s not the same girl who rejected him 22 times, Liam’s sister confirmed it

Nicole Tyler

Posted at 9:15 AM on August 28, 2013

I think she is just using him because he is famous but i would NEVER send hate to anyone close to the boys.

Delaney Horpaystylikson

Posted at 9:08 PM on August 24, 2013

I dont ship them.. but i respect them, but if shes such a good friend where was she at his 16 birthday?? or where was she before he was famous?? js

Odis Bravo

Posted at 6:33 PM on August 26, 2013

Exactly! I feel the same.
And I think that some people ‘hate’ Sophia because of that, I mean, because people say she’s the one who rejected him 22 times, but still, don’t think ‘hating’ is the best way to work things out…Am I wrong?

Hey hey hey

Posted at 7:18 PM on August 23, 2013

Haha i love liam

Sonya

Posted at 6:21 PM on August 23, 2013

LIAM’S MOM SAID SHE WASN’T THE GIRL WHO REJECTED HIM 22 TIMES OKAY

Pop

Posted at 12:39 AM on August 23, 2013

I really love these to together let’s make a name for them. Just like how Zayn and Perrie have one as well as Louis and Eleanor. So I’m going to ship them ( please no hate) but I am so let start making a name for them does anyone have ideas? So who agrees to ship Liam and Sophia. Cause I know I am!! I’m just so excited!! :)

Pop

Posted at 12:28 AM on August 23, 2013

I really love Liam and Sophia I think they are a cute couple ever. And I think they are made for each other.

Sophia

Posted at 9:59 PM on August 22, 2013

Back up the trolly. Ermm if she rejected him 22 times. I laugh cause didn’t Danielle reject him 22 times. Something’s fishy and it’s not Sophia. I think it’s the information about her.

Shania (@xShaniaMarie)

Posted at 5:44 PM on August 22, 2013

I’ve got mixed feelings about Liam and Sophia’s relationship. Okay. It’s none of my concern; if Liam is happy, I am too. But in perfect honesty, if she’s rejected him 22 times before, why would she just randomly change her mind all of a sudden? I would never send hate to her (or anyone. HATE IS BAD PEOPLE IF YOU’VE GOT NOTHING NICE TO SAY, SHUT UP) I don’t even hate her. I just have a bad feeling about this. I won’t go any further, their relationship is THEIR relationship and we shouldn’t be looking into it like it’s a detective case.

Olivia horan

Posted at 12:48 PM on August 22, 2013

I’m happy that Liam is happy but I think Sophia is just using him I mean its kinda weird b4 he’s famous she rejects him 22 times but when he is famous the minute he asks her out she says yes. I really do hope Sophia really does love him and is not using him though.

maxine davids

Posted at 8:06 AM on August 22, 2013

I think they make a lovely couple. I’m a directioner and being a directioner means a lot to me. I love those 5 boys a lot and if they happy then I’m happy even if it means they getting married. Girls need to understand that there will come a day that they’ll fall inlove with someone and sending those girls they date is just pointless and upsetting. Those girls shouldn’t let their jealousy get the better of them. Sophie, Perrie and Eleanor are all wonderful young women and they abviously make the guys happy so all directioners should be happy for them. To Liam I’m happy for you and I hope you stay happy and try your best to ignore all the hate.

notenoughtimeonourhands

Posted at 6:04 AM on August 22, 2013

For those calling Sophia a gold-digger: shut up. You’re just as bad as the haters he bashed. You don’t know her- in fact, you don’t know either of them. If they want to be together, that’s their business and none of yours.

Secondly: I don’t see what the big issue is here. They’re two teenagers trying out a relationship- if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.
Whether you ‘ship’ it or not isn’t going to make them any more likely to break up or, more to the point, him even notice you.

Destiny R.

Posted at 10:21 PM on August 21, 2013

Liam and Sophia. I think they will be fine together and I was completely on loans side and then I read a comment about “looking out for him” and “she’s just using him”. Now I’m a little skeptical about it… I highly doubt that’s the case, but it does make you think. But Liam can look out for himself. He’ll know if they’re truly in love. But I think its really… um sweet?… no that’s not the word, but it shows his much they care. But do we really need to go THAT far? Its one thing to give warnings but that far is just plain rude. So I support Liam for that tweet.

And with Zayn and Perrie, I’m having mixed feelings :( /
On one hand I’m super excited and happy for them and I do support their relationship completely!!
But I sortof feel like its too soon. Not for them nesessarily, but for me… It’s so hard ti believe its been over three years for the band and Zayn getting engaged just reminds me how fast time goes and that they’ll all get married and have kids one day. And the band most likely wont be together anymore. All I can think is 1 down, 4 to go. :’( and I’m a Zayn girl so its twice as hard. I don’t want him to “be gone” yet. Even though he’ll still be in the band, its not the same.
And I do realize how selfish I sound… But I love Zerrie. So I don’t want any hate.
I just don’t want the boys to grow up all the way and move on YET </3

No Name

Posted at 10:02 PM on August 21, 2013

Lool so this girl rejected him 22 times XD and now that he’s famous she just offers him a relationship on a silver platter. K she’s DEFINITELY not using him.

Christie C

Posted at 8:18 PM on August 21, 2013

I honestly don’t blame him for getting annoyed, any of the boys actually. I don’t know Sophia so I don’t judge. IF she is using him then that’s something he will have to learn. Who knows maybe she really does like him? We don’t know that. It’s their relationship and the fans need to back off. It’s alright to look out for him but there are boundaries and people seem to be crossing them. He deserves to be happy and if he’s happy with her that’s all that matters. He wants to move on and if she’s helping him then it’s alright. Stop the hate, they both get the point. They know that some people don’t agree with the relationship, they don’t need to come on twitter and see it. Just let them be together and if they are not meant to be together they will break up. Just let them figure it all out on their own.
As long as he’s happy, I’m happy! I’m also happy for Eleanor and Louis, they are great together. I’m also excited for Perrie and Zayn, they are so cute together. Congrats to them! They truly love each other, same with Louis and Eleanor.

Anna

Posted at 7:41 PM on August 21, 2013

He doesn’t realize his fans are saying these things because they’re just looking out for him. That girl is trouble. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that child hood friends date as soon as one becomes famous. Come on, people. Open your eyes, it’s ridiculous. This chick is fame-digging. We’re not bashing Sophia because she’s dating Liam, we’re bashing her because she’s dating him for the wrong reasons. I’m actually happy for Louis and Eleanor, and Zayn and Perrie (but that’s because these girls actually love their boyfriends for them and not their fame!)

Chloe

Posted at 8:58 PM on August 26, 2013

@Anna: No, fans like you are saying these nasty things about Sophia because you are jealous. For all you know Sophia has been in love with him for all her life and this is the first time Liam has shown any interest in her. If you were dating him you would be called a gold digging fame whore too.

idk

Posted at 7:00 PM on August 21, 2013

I feel terrible about Liam having to see that hate, and although I would never hate on Sophia, I definitely don’t like her much. Theres just something about the fact that even though they’d been childhood friends, she was just a friend then and saw a sudden interest to date him after he became a multi-millionaire. And Liam’s such a sweetheart, I think he’s still upset over losing Danielle and doesn’t realize Sophia isn’t necessarily trustworthy just because he’s known her from before. Besides, why cant Sophia defend herself like Danielle always did? Seems like one of those pouty, annoying girls to me.

Chloe

Posted at 8:55 PM on August 26, 2013

@idk: She shouldn’t have to defend herself to jealous fans, who would be called gold digging fame whores if you were dating him too. For all you know Sophia has been in love with him for all her life and this is the first time Liam has shown any interest in her.

Brianna

Posted at 6:55 PM on August 21, 2013

Looks like that is the old saying with his own bad language twist. I honestly think he is being a hypocrite because I am pretty sure that is nothing nice to say either with that bad language attached on to it.

Stacy

Posted at 5:00 PM on August 21, 2013

Why do the fans think they have the right to say or do anything in regards to their private lives. They seem to think they know what they feel in their heart and soul and they don’t even know the people. Grow up and let these guys date whomever they want. It is their life not yours.

Danielle

Posted at 7:03 PM on August 21, 2013

thank you thats so true, its none of anyone elses business its their lives

Christie C

Posted at 8:21 PM on August 21, 2013

True that!

kfisher (@kfisher05605145)

Posted at 4:45 PM on August 21, 2013

my best friend’s aunt makes $66/hr on the computer. She has been without work for 10 months but last month her pay was $18406 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site….WWW.ℛush64.COℳ

Zainab

Posted at 3:07 PM on August 21, 2013

didnt some other girl reject liam 22 times, it wasnt sophia

SunnyAutumnn

Posted at 1:09 PM on August 21, 2013

He needs to tell Rihanna fans to do the same. They are attacking Chris Brown’s girlfriend because they think Rihanna still wants Chris.

smarts

Posted at 3:23 PM on August 21, 2013

dummy Chris Brown should do that. but he hasnt so!

aquarius64

Posted at 5:46 PM on August 21, 2013

Chris Brown has never formally declared Tran as a gf to the media. She’s his “homie” (translation: on-call bed mate). He treated Rihanna like a piece too. Bottom line, Brown likes the idea of two women fighting over him on Twitter and Instagram. Rihanna apparently wised up; Kae needs too as well.

aquarius64

Posted at 1:02 PM on August 21, 2013

Props for this guy for defending his gf’s honor. Most of these young actors sit back and let their girls get dogged on social and print media. People are still going to pop off, but by doing this he’s showing he cares about her.

RichFish

Posted at 12:08 PM on August 21, 2013

Don’t miss this chance to meet rich people. — RiсhFishеs.ōrg —I would like to recommend you to the World’s best and largest relationship site for wealthy man and beautiful women.
fdgdf

abe

Posted at 12:04 PM on August 21, 2013

ok, she’s a fan of anal seks……….SO WHAT!!