The Texas native turns the big 21 on Aug. 20 and we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to look back on the amazing year she’s had with memories and pics! HollywoodLifers, leave your birthday wishes for Demi below!
Demi Lovato, it’s your birthday! You’re turning 21 and we couldn’t be more excited for you to celebrate this amazing day. You’ve had such a big year between your music and empowering young women, that HollywoodLife.com wanted to take a look back at your great year!
Demi Lovato Turns 21 — Check Out Her Biggest 8 Moments Of The Past Year
Break open the champagne Demi, you’re 21! Not only do you have exciting things coming, like a guest stint on Glee, but you have accomplished so much!
1. You released your new rock ballad “Heart By Heart” for the Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack and it’s amazing! You keep proving why you’re such an amazingly talented artist.
2. You looked and sounded unbelievable at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards on August 11 when you hit the stage to perform your new single, “Made in the USA.”
3. Demi, you released your music video and directorial debut in “Made in the USA,” and it’s so sweet and romantic!
4. A clip from your new song “Bad Chick” hit the web July 8 and it’s so catchy! You have been released hit after hit!
5. After your father, Patrick Lovato‘s, funeral on June 29, you tweeted about having closure. You both had a rocky relationship but you came to terms with the good and the bad and tweeted to your fans: “There’s an overwhelming sense of peace knowing my dad is no longer battling his demons anymore. And that makes me so happy.”
6. You finally completed your time in a sober living facility following your stint in rehab in 2010. You showed all of your fans that you can overcome anything!
7. You got new ink! You got a long line of birds flying down your forearm on Nov. 26 and they are gorgeous! You have such a talent for style and this tattoo totally fits you!
8. When you performed ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ during game 4 of the world series on Oct. 28, you brought down the house! It doesn’t matter if you’re in a stadium, on stage, you can do it all!
What Did Demi Lovato Do On Her Birthday?
Singer-songwriter Demi Lovato celebrated her 21st birthday (on Tuesday, Aug. 20) in Kenya on a Me to We Volunteer Trip. Lovato invited close friends and family to share in her birthday celebration in the Maasai Mara Region of Kenya. Demi and her family are currently visiting and volunteering in communities supported by Me to We’s charity partner, Free The Children, spending much of their time getting to know the local students and working alongside local community members to help build a new Free The Children school.
About the trip, Demi said, “With 21 being a milestone birthday, I wanted a memorable and meaningful way to celebrate, rather than throw a big birthday bash. I knew traveling with Me to We and volunteering with Free The Children would give me the opportunity to have a life-changing experience I would never forget, with the people closest to me. Also having worked with the organization over this past year it’s been great to see first-hand the wonderful work that is being done as a result of all the incredible efforts of young people around the nation.”
HollywoodLifers, sound off below and tell us if you think her 21st year will be even better!
WATCH: Demi Lovato – Heart By Heart
— Chloe Melas
More Demi Lovato Music News:
- Demi Lovato Releases New Song ‘Bad Chick’ — Listen
- Demi Lovato Releases Music Video For ‘Made In The USA’ — Watch
- Demi Lovato Teams Up With Nick Jonas For ‘Made In The USA’ At TCAs