Dick Van Dyke In Serious Car Accident — His Car Bursts Into Flames — Video

Mon, August 19, 2013 8:25pm EDT by 12 Comments
Dick Van Dyke Burning Car
Courtesy Photo/FameFlynet

Hollywood legend Dick Van Dyke narrowly escaped death when his Jaguar burst into flames on a Los Angeles freeway. Read on for more details.

Dick Van Dyke had a very close call on the afternoon of August 19, but the 87-year-old actor was pulled out of his burning sportscar just in the knick of time by passerby Jason Pennington!

Dick Van Dyke’s Burning Car — Actor Rescued From Accident On LA Freeway

Dick’s car caught on fire on the 101 Freeway in Calabasas, Calif., according to TMZ. Luckily, Jason happened to be driving by when he saw Dick hunched over at the wheel of his smoke-filled car. He immediately pulled over and managed to pull Dick out of the car as flames engulfed the engine. What a hero!

Dick, who had been struggling to escape from the vehicle, was disoriented but did not need any medical attention. His wife, Arlene Van Dyke, picked him up and brought him home after the crash.

Arlene later tweeted a video of the scorched car.

“He’s fine thank God!!” Arlene wrote.

We’re so glad that Dick is okay!

Dick Van Dyke Feels ‘Lucky’ To Be Alive

TMZ interviewed a calm and composed Dick while he was parked in his wife’s car near the accident.

The Emmy and Tony award-winning actor, best known for his shows The Dick Van Dyke Show and Diagnosis: Murder, said he felt lucky to be alive after the accident.

“Somebody’s looking after me,” he added.

Still, Dick says it wasn’t the scariest thing that’s ever happened to him. He sure is tough — he even made a joke about the accident to TMZ!

“Tell everyone I have a nice used car for sale,” he said, laughing.

WATCH: Dick Van Dyke Pulled Out of Flaming Car

TMZ

– Tierney McAfee

More Celebrity Car Accidents:

1. Chris Brown Gets Into A Car Accident With Karrueche Tran
  2. Jamie Lee Curtis Raced To The Hospital After Car Accident
  3. Jefferson Airplane Drummer Killed In Car Accident

Thomas Humphrey

Posted at 8:51 PM on September 29, 2013

a Chimney Sweeps Luck Rubbed Off On Him;Glad That He’s Okay!!! From a Fellow Illinoian and Danvillian…Now Go Have a TootSweet!!!!!

Mimi

Posted at 10:43 AM on August 20, 2013

Dearst Dick. I’m happy your alive this letter is for the People who had save you. Thank Jah God your alive for those well. Mimi

Mimi

Posted at 10:38 AM on August 20, 2013

Morning All. What Hearos those inasent by standers People where just wonderful maybe they say where not Hearos but they are! I’m proude they where there;-) my heart stopped I was worried. Man I thank them. No Some People care some don’t. Too Dick you should give them something. Mimi

Lisa 7

Posted at 11:30 PM on August 20, 2013

MIMI, GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO TALK/SPELL! OMG! You are a mess! WOW!

zyggie

Posted at 9:51 AM on August 20, 2013

Thank God he is alive and able to walk away not seriously injured.

Nguper T (@Gupiben)

Posted at 5:22 AM on August 20, 2013

LissaCaldina

Posted at 12:56 AM on August 20, 2013

abe

Posted at 12:35 AM on August 20, 2013

……………..he wouldn’t drive Cadillac…………………….his mistake.

RichFishes.org - Date wealthy people

Posted at 11:12 PM on August 19, 2013

Dears! Any singles wanna join rich club and date a wealthy man?
I am a mature man and now I—- am seeking a good woman who can give me real love.You know any millionaire club? I think ~~~ Rìchfishēs.οrg~~~
is a special site focusing help single rich man or pretty girl find romance so I spend most of my online time there.. My screen name is clear4approach. If you are interested, add me.I hope your day went well and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for reading this!

hghg

kathy decicco

Posted at 8:48 PM on August 19, 2013

Does anyone know what caused it to catch fire?

jean