Kendrick Lamar Calls Out Drake & More Rappers On Big Sean’s ‘Control’

Tue, August 13, 2013 7:25am EDT by 64 Comments
Kendrick Lamar Big Sean Control
Fameflynet

Maddie

Posted at 11:47 AM on August 15, 2013

Too far? This is EXACTLY what the game needed right now. He lit a fire and now the competition is on, that’s what Hip Hop is about.

Linda Garcia

Posted at 6:11 AM on August 15, 2013

my buddy’s step-mother makes $80 hourly on the laptop. She has been fired for ten months but last month her check was $16882 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site..>>>

W­W­W.ℂ­N­N­1­3.ℂ­O­M

Devina Kamp

Posted at 10:50 PM on August 14, 2013

As Charles said I am amazed that a mom able to earn $7540 in four weeks on the internet. Plz See this webpage ••►► ROX88.COM ◄◄◄
♫ ✂♫ ✂Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

holly_kristina021

Posted at 5:11 PM on August 14, 2013

til I looked at the bank draft which was of $5446, I accept that my father in law trully bringing home money parttime on their apple laptop.. there brothers friend has done this less than seventeen months and resantly cleared the loans on their condo and bourt themselves a Car. I went here, … w­w­w.B­B­C­1­3.c­o­m

holly_kristina021

Posted at 5:09 PM on August 14, 2013

my friend’s ex-wife makes $70 hourly on the computer. She has been without a job for 6 months but last month her paycheck was $14818 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more here … w­w­w.B­B­C­1­3.c­o­m

michael smith

Posted at 4:25 PM on August 14, 2013

I’m feeling the song, but being born and bred in NYC, he should keep King of NY shit out of his mouth. NY cats are upset about that. I hope he is ready for the nY dudes that is about to come at him. Should be interesting.

TeRon

Posted at 4:18 PM on August 14, 2013

If you playing basketball with your friend, you aren’t going to take it easy on him because he is your friend right? Kendrick is saying look we friends outside of rap! but when we in this booth its a competition

Michele N. Moreira (@MicheleNMoreira)

Posted at 4:41 PM on August 14, 2013

my buddy’s half-sister makes $84/hr on the laptop. She has been without work for 10 months but last month her check was $21339 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site… C­A­ℕ­9­9.C­ℴ­M

Roman

Posted at 4:11 PM on August 14, 2013

Kendrick wasn’t calling anybody out. He said he has love for them all. I don’t think he dissed anybody on this track. I’m a huge fan of Kendrick’s, but this verse put him past number one on my list. That dude killed it. Wait, he didn’t kill it, he murdered it. He nuked it.

RachelJ

Posted at 8:42 AM on August 14, 2013

Love it. And I hope that none of the rappers mentions take offense to it. Its all love and Kendrick called out the best rappers in the game to step up or he is taking over! Love Love Love it.

Krystalize

Posted at 7:46 AM on August 14, 2013

Kendrick isn’t trash talking any rappers!!!
The ones he is “dissin” is the the ones he did not mention.

If your going to analyze hip hop please do it right!

ChristineRDorsey (@ChristineRDorse)

Posted at 5:24 AM on August 14, 2013

til I saw the bank draft 4 $5347, I accept …that…my neighbour woz like really taking home money part time on their computer.. there great aunt had bean doing this for only 17 months and just now took care of the dept on there appartment and bought a great Bugatti Veyron. this is where I went,……www.bay90.ℂℴm

Kevo Mccloud

Posted at 3:50 AM on August 14, 2013

PS I canspellI was just using that voice recognition software on my smartphone sometimes a dont come out right ya dig

sierra

Posted at 12:46 AM on August 14, 2013

I feel like he was just keeping it real!!

elhay

Posted at 11:02 PM on August 13, 2013

He probably just challengin’ his peers that they gotta watch their back, that he his really coming real fast to take the top spot in hip-hop… no dissssssssssssssss

Timmaaaayyy

Posted at 8:57 PM on August 13, 2013

Chloe Melas, if you thought Kendrick actually called any of these guys out or dissed them, you completely missed the point of the verse and should not be listening to hip hop, much less reviewing it.

elhay

Posted at 10:57 PM on August 13, 2013

justsayin

Posted at 6:48 PM on August 13, 2013

I guess he didn’t have the balls to mention Kanye or Jay. Kendrick needs to take a seat and stfu. He’s just trying to draw attention to himself. He should let his music talk and not his ignorant self.

Kelantro Simmons

Posted at 7:23 PM on August 13, 2013

He mentioned Jay as one of the best

Dadivadiaries

Posted at 7:47 PM on August 13, 2013

Kendrick Lamar murdered that verse. @justsayin it wasn’t about trying to start beef with anybody it was about trying to start a friendly competition and raising the bar, where was the ignorance in that??? Obviously based on how this has been the trending his verse has been the trending topic on twitter and Instagram all day, I would say his music is definitely speaking for him. I’m just saying!

Timmaaaayyy

Posted at 8:54 PM on August 13, 2013

Did you even listen to the verse? He called Jay one of the best, and was only talking about raising the bar, not starting beef with anyone he mentioned. The article’s title is only whoring itself out for reads, Kendrick is above calling those guys out. I like to think he left Kanye out on purpose though…Kanye is a genius producer, but doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Kendrick when it comes to rapping.

lionesssontherise

Posted at 9:00 PM on August 13, 2013

I don’t think he was tryna diss. I think he wanted to intentionally stir the game & let rappers know it’s time to get back to real hip hop. Hip hop is competitive and Kendrick’s verse stirred the pot. I’m pretty sure we’re gonna see a lot of responses with hardcore rhymes. This is definitely what the game needed. Jus my 2cents.

elhay

Posted at 11:00 PM on August 13, 2013

you probably got it wrong, he mentioned those he can play catchup with, no diss

Dlo lolo

Posted at 1:39 PM on August 14, 2013

He didn’t mention them cuz they not new compared to the other “newer” rappers he mentioned idiot. Learn how to read and analyze