Demi always brings it. Her dramatic smokey eye makeup and rocker hairstyle were totally flawless for the 2013 Teen Choice Awards. Do you LOVE or LOATHE Demi’s look? Vote!
Demi Lovato looked absolutely fierce at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards. Presenter, performer, and nominee for the night, she showcased her signature edgy style in a fresh way for the event’s blue carpet! What do YOU think of her style? If you love it, we’ve got the exact steps from her hairstylist below!
Demi Lovato TCA Hair & Makeup
Demi’s makeup looks are always stunning, but her hair and makeup at the TCAs were definitely styles fit for a rockstar.
Demi’s hair looks awesome styled in a super teased half-up bouffant. She is definitely having fun with her newly dyed blonde hair! Loose curls throughout the length of her hair tone down the otherwise edgy style and give the look some girly flair.
Celebrity Stylist Adir Abergel styled Demi and was inspired by 1980′s punk. Read the how-to below:
1. Begin by applying Phyto Volumizing Spray all over the roots to create volume.
2. Next apply Orlando Pita Rejuvenating Hair Treatment Oil on ends to create shine and protection from heat.
3. Follow this by rough-drying the hair until it is100 percent dry.
4. With a round brush, blow-dry the sections from the hairline to the crown smooth.
5. Clip the smooth area and section off. Using a one-inch curling iron, create waves through the rest of the hair. Hair should be loosely curled.
6. Once hair is all curled. Apply Klorane Dry Shampoo to create a matte texture.
7. Next back-comb the hair from roots to hairline to create height and structure.
8. Slick back the hair tight on the both sides of the face starting at the temple and secure at the back of the head with a pin.
9. Finish by hand raking the top section to create the modern pompadour. Secure with bobbi pins and Fekkai Sheer Hold Hair Spray.
Demi Lovato’s Teen Choice Awards Makeup
The star feature of Demi’s makeup look is her smokey eye makeup. Dramatic black eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow are perfect for this red carpet occasion! The key to rocking this much dark eye makeup is keeping the rest of your look relatively simple — which Demi has down pat!
Demi’s skin is so flawless and radiant that she didn’t weigh her skin down with anything cakey. She plays up her perfect complexion with some dainty pink blush for a rosy glow. Her matching baby pink lip gloss ties the look together without stealing the attention away from her dramatic eye makeup.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you love or loathe Demi’s awesome hair and makeup?
– Kristine Hope Kowalski
More Teen Choice Awards Beauty News:
- Bella Thorne’s Dramatic Lashes At Teen Choice Awards — Get Her Look
- Selena Gomez At 2013 ‘Teen Choice Awards’ — Stunning Straight Hair
- Bella Thorne, Lucy Hale & More: Best Beauty Looks At The TCAs