Derek, a Miami property supervisor, shot and killed his wife Jennifer Alfonso in their kitchen on Aug. 8, and then posted the horrific photo of her dead body and his confession on his Facebook page. Read on to learn about the man responsible for this alleged murder.
Derek Medina, 31, shot and killed his wife Jennifer Alfonso, 26, on Aug. 8, and shocked the world by posting the gruesome image to his Facebook page for all of their family and friends to see it. He has since been charged with first-degree murder. HollywoodLife.com has done some digging and we can tell you five chilling things about the man who took the life of his beautiful wife.
Facebook Murderer: Five Things To Know About Derek Medina
We told you that Derek told police that he and his wife got into an argument and he claims she was punching him and wielding a knife. Then he admits to shooting her multiple times and after he posted the photo on his Facebook page with this message:
I’m going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife love you guys miss you guys take care Facebook people you will see me in the news. My wife was punching me and I am not going to stand anymore with the abuse so I did what I did I hope u understand me.
Here are five things about Derek that you need to know:
1. Derek is 31-years-old and he is a property manager in Miami.
2. Derek starred as an extra on the USA Network’s Miami-based crime drama Burn Notice.
3. Derek is an avid enthusiast of mixed martial arts. He is seen in YouTube videos hitting punching bags. He also has multiple photos of himself holding guns and knives on his Facebook page.
4. Derek and Jennifer were married twice. They were reportedly married in January of 2010 and then divorced in February of 2012. Then they remarried three months later.
5. Derek is 6 feet tall and weighs around 200 pounds. He also reportedly wanted to be a neighborhood watchman.
Facebook Murder — Derek Posts Photo On Facebook After Killing His Wife
We told you that Derek claims she was punching him and that he suffered abuse from her on more than one occasion. But just one day before posting a bloody photo of his wife dead on their kitchen floor, Jennifer put up her own photo of herself kissing Derek, showing them in happier times.
A few of Jennifer’s former co-workers are speaking out and claiming that Jennifer had been the victim of a very abusive marriage.
“She would be bruised up,” Amanda Cooper said.
Another co-worker, Cathy LaBella, said: “He would always come back, begging her. She would say he was going to change. She was in love with him.”
Derek will make his first court appearance at the Miami-Dade courthouse at 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 9 at a hearing.
— Chloe Melas
More Shocking News:
- 13-Year-Old Girl Charged As Adult After Stabbing Half-Sister, 2, To Death
- Aaron Hernandez: See Pics Of The NFL Player Charged With Murder!
- Couple Arrested, Charged For Starving 8-Year-Old Daughter To Death