Everybody’s favorite ‘True Alpha’ is at a crossroad. Which way will he go?
Two very different storms hit Beacon Hills on the Aug. 5 episode of Teen Wolf — the literal storm (hurricane!) and the figurative storm (plots converging!) — and when the weather finally died down, Scott (Tyler Posey) was faced with his most difficult decision yet: Will he give himself over to Deucalion (Gideon Emery) to save the guardians?
We’ll have to wait until next week to find out for sure, but it definitely looks like Ty-Ty is willing to give into Duke’s demands. (Sorry if “Ty-Ty” and “Duke” are too cutesy for you, by the way. Making light of this show is the only way I can truly process it.)
For now, let’s focus on the insanity that was this week’s episode — and not just the part where Isaac (Daniel Sharman) totally said the Darach is hot. Seriously.
The Parents Trapped
When I said “guardians” earlier, I was referring to Scott’s mom and Stiles’ dad. On that subject, I’ve got some good news and some bad news: They’re both alive — I’ve been lighting candles for Mr. Stiles all week — but they’re also being held captive under a tree.
And not just any tree; it’s the tree that gives Jennifer (Haley Webb) her powers! And speaking of Ms. Blake…
The Name Game
During what I can only describe as a soliloque of exposition, Ms. Blake revealed to Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) that her real name is, in fact, not Jennifer. Her real name is Julia Baccari — and she was Kali’s emissary!
And here’s what’s even wackier: Derek killing Paige — who was a virgin, duh! — actually triggered Julia’s return to power after Kali left her for dead.
Derek’s conversation with Jennifer/Julia also revealed one more piece of bad news: During the total lunar eclipse, the werewolves will lose all their power! That should make the Aug. 19 midseason finale — ominously titled “Lunar Eclipse” — all the more intense.
Odds & Ends
1. I loved watching Stiles (Dylan O’Brien) use mouth-to-mouth to save Cora (Adelaide Kane). Dear fandom, do we ship them now? Have we always shipped them? I can’t keep up anymore.
2. I don’t care how ridiculous it was; Scott’s mom using that defibrillator on the twins was amazing — cheesy ’80s-style catch phrase and all!
3. I’m going to begin every meal by loudly repeating Peter’s (Ian Bohen) best line tonight: “Let’s rumble!”
HollywoodLifers, what did you think of tonight’s episode? Any predictions for the final two of 2013? Drop a comment with your review and theories below!
— Andy Swift
More ‘Teen Wolf’:
- Tyler Posey Promises Answers & ‘Surprises’ On ‘Teen Wolf’ Finale
- ‘Teen Wolf’ Scoop: Holland Roden Previews Stiles & Lydia’s Big Kiss
- ‘Teen Wolf’ Scoop: Crystal Reed Teases Allison’s ‘New Love’ In Season 3